DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Real life is getting in the way of me murdering people.  I am starting to get depressed.

Yeah - I was on both ME and GTA last night briefly and no one was on. I think I saw Robert online for maybe like 20 minutes.

It ended up for the best as real life definitely blew up last night so I would have had to bail mid-game if I was on anyway

I got on twice and both times, either you or JT or both had logged off less than ten minutes Ago. So, i just went off to watch dvds.

The audio was fucked up for like the entire first half of the Skins/Pats game and I said to Mark that it was like they were trying to broadcast the game through JT's router

• Like 4

:angry: Fuck you guys.  My router has been spot on perfect for the last thre weeks after I doctored my NAT settings.

Now after saying that, I will go home and it will be all nozzed up again,

• Like 2

Real life is getting in the way of me murdering people.  I am starting to get depressed.

Yeah - I was on both ME and GTA last night briefly and no one was on. I think I saw Robert online for maybe like 20 minutes.

It ended up for the best as real life definitely blew up last night so I would have had to bail mid-game if I was on anyway

Same situation here. It's alright though, I am getting caught up on Community.

And I saw on Facebook your real life situation, and man does that suck.  You have my sympathies. 

I ran into some try-hard last night that WOULD NOT QUIT trying to get revenge.

First I went after him to take a bounty off of him, which I did. I get some distance to bank the $16K (I got two bounties in succession), and when I come off, he's heading right for me. He dies again, respawns, and dies yet again. At that point a high-priority vehicle appears, and I head off. I take the HPV in, bank the cash, and AGAIN this guy is coming towards me. He dies twice more, and I move on.

There's a bounty up in Sandy Shores, so I head up there. I'm looking to head for the airport to get a Buzzard, but I see a jet flying by, so nix that idea. The bounty disappears, and I start driving back south in my Entity...and lo and fucking behold, that same fuckin' guy is coming after me again.

So I sit down and fight with him. He does get a FEW kills, but it ends up like 23 to 4. Eventually I get bored (he's a really boring opponent. First instinct is to hide and stay hidden) and head back home. He follows...and just waits outside my garage. yeeeesh

• Like 2

Yay, a new bug!  If anyone started a new story mode game after the 1.15 patch, you might find that some Sprunk machines do not work.

No biggie since there are health packs in your safehouse and hospitals and you can buy snacks from convenience stores to replenish your health.

So, I'm chasing my good buddy Kill Target when I notice another player streaking toward ol' Kill in a chopper. "Shit!" I say to myself, "I'm boned." I might as well play it out to see what happens, though, right?

So I get to the Target, and there's the other player, out of the chopper. He's got Target out of the SUV and is trying to run him over with the SUV. Why he didn't just blow up the SUV is beyond me. Anyhoo, he runs over Target but doesn't kill him, so I calmly go over and fill Target full of lead, killing him and getting the money.

Needless to say, the other player was pissed. He kept trying to run me over in a vehicle, including a tractor. I missed him more than I hit him with RPGs, but thankfully, he missed me more than he hit me with the cars. I have to come up with a better strategy for taking on dudes in cars coming after me. I had some decent success with him later in the fight with my assault shotgun. Needs more study.

He wound up leaving the server when he tried to get away from me and I decided that we weren't done, so I started following him. I RPG'd the car he was in while he was in a pause menu trying to leave.

Ran into one, probably two people in God mode, too. One for sure, two most likely but not proven. I sent him a message telling him I appreciated him giving me the time to capture what he was doing with my capture card to send to R*. This isn't true, of course, but I thought I'd try to make him sweat a tad. As I was in passive doing the message and reporing him to R* and Xbox, etc., he had a tank trying to knock me off my perch with the turret. When I came out of the start menu, he was running me over with the tank. So I found a new session. Dipshit.

I've been on vacation from Los Santos for the past few days.  My lady friend came over and spent a couple nights, so we had a late dinner and watched some netflix.  Last night I didn't see anyone online, so I watched the Red Dawn remake on netflix (not as bad as I expected, nowhere near as good as the original), and then passed out while watching Shooter (yup, that's a good one).  I should be back in the mix a little over the next couple days, since I have some time off.

Can't seem to get into a session today that doesn't have some kind of glitcher/hacker in there. Think I'll hit level 300 and just take a powder until heists or some other actually interesting DLC (as opposed to the missions/cars/clothes sets) shows up.

That said, some tips for dealing with them:

God moder: Call a tank and park it on them. If you can kill them, it breaks their glitch, and they can be killed normally (and should be!) but a lot of them now are using lag switches to get out from under your tank.

People on the glitch that makes them appear high in the air: You need to get far enough away from them that they won't appear to be shaking up and down or falling, then you can snipe them. This can be a bit tricky, especially if they're trying to snipe you back, but if you can, boom, they're on the ground again.

Ran into one of these yesterday. He got 3 kills on me before I could bring him down, but I got the fucking cheater. Killed him a couple times before he got away and ran for the military base. I followed, and he wasn't able to get out of there before the tank got him, so he was back on the ground north of the base. He'd try to fight, but he was shit. Eventually, he'd just run for a car. I could usually get him, but the army would eventually kill me, so sometimes he'd get away, drive off to the north, (like way to the north) then drive back to try to get on the base.

The first time he tried this, he didn't hit the jump by the highway right, and didn't land in the base. This led to more killing of him. The second time, I was waiting at the jump, so he went up the hills to the east to use that jump. He did, and got about 20 feet before a tank got him. This time, he spawned back to the west, so had gotten a car and ducked out to the north already.

This time, I stuck 5 sticky bombs at the base of the jump, then got on my bike and rode to the east like I was trying to cover both directions. He takes the short route, (naturally) and the bombs get him. I laughed and laughed and laughed.

• Like 2

Cristobal, you need to buy an Xbox. We'd be proud to have you PS3ers on our side on the mean streets of Los Santos, and it does my heart good to know that the DVDR's well-represented on the PS3 side of Los Santos.

We had a guy try that up in the skies glitch tonight. I thought that got passed over years ago for the invincibility glitch. He scoped me and I noticed him up in the air, and as soon as I said "he's doing the up in the sky glitch," Melraz sniped him down and said "not no more." Dude then immediately left.

No one, and I mean no one, provided any sort of challenge tonight. Every kill on me was kinda fluky, and we absolutely kicked the shit out of two dudes to an absurd degree. 

I got to try the calling mugger and mercenaries on people in passive deal. The mugger works great. I don't think the mercenaries can kill the guy in passive, but they don't let up, they just stay on him, so when the guy comes out of passive, he's got some pals waiting for him. 

Fun night, the exact opposite of last time when I absolutely got my head kicked in. I didn't really do much, but didn't have to.

• Like 1

I actually went to bed early. Work coulda called me at 7am. So far so good cause they haven't called yet. My off day starts in 30 minutes. I sure as shit hope I make it. If I do I ourghta be on some today and most of the night.

Edit: I gotta start my off day on time for the first time inna long time so JT sneak your xbox into work and hang with the night shift all night tonight.

• Like 1

Haven't run into any god mode guys the last few times I've been on, fortunately.  The only glitcher was the guy in the sky, and melraz made short work of him. 

Competition last night was pretty weak all the way around.  We cleaned out the one server we were in, and I don't think we ever ran into anybody that was actually good.  The only challenge was catching the one guy that was out on the highway with his Zentorno.  Not sure I've ever seen the combat be so one sided in our favor.

We must've killed one guy 60-70 times.  Poor dude was dropping 300-400 dollars every time too.  Expensive night for him.  I think he got two kills in return.

• Like 1

That guy in the sky must've lasted five seconds up there after he messed with us. That glitch is a time-consuming pain in the ass, too. He went through probably 15 minutes of trouble to get one kill on me and then get sniped down post-haste. Hilarious.

Everybody was dropping money last night. That poor guy who started a 1-on-1 deathmatch with Melraz wasn't counting on it being a 2-on-1 deathmatch until he took an assault shotgun blast to the face. I think he caught on after that. 

And then there was the time when there were about 6 of them near the LSC in the middle of town, and we hit the scene and it was "never mind that shit, here comes Mongo!" and they split in six different directions. Lotta limber tail in Los Santos last night. They all had the Eye of the Possum.

Good times, good times.

• Like 2

Had to start over in Story Mode over the weekend.   Left my 360 on Saturday night while heading out for work and the power must've gone out.  My save files for story mode were totally corrupt and wouldn't load, but my online thug seems to be okay.

Funny how your story mode progression is nine times faster when you know what you're doing and are familiar with the city.  I have done in three days what it took about a week and a half to accomplish when I first bought the game.

I am now reliving the "joy" of raising Franklin's Strength via golf, darts, and ambushing Ballaz with a baseball bat since he isn't allowed to play tennis and had forgotten just how infuriating Trevor's first three missions are. 

I had to settle for Silver medal completion for Mr. Phillips, Trevor Phillips Industries, and Nervous Ron out of sheer frustration and simply wanting to push the plot along.. 

Fuck flying a Cuban under those low bridges in Nervous Ron..   I could've gotten a Gold medal for Trevor Phillips Industries, but I don't like skipping cutscenes so i didn't make the Mission Time criteria.

At least I got a Gold medal on Friends Reunited by remembering that my Sniper Rifle had a flash suppressor on it and I could pick off Lost bikers with headshots without being detected thanks to the thunderstorm before setting my Sticky Bombs.

I found keeping the guys in full armor and having snacks in their inventory was much more useful than grinding for higher stats. Most time the game locks you into using the most appropriate character (ie you use Trevor for the flying stuff) or gives you equipment as a workaround (dont bother raising lung capacity since you always get scuba tanks)

I found keeping the guys in full armor and having snacks in their inventory was much more useful than grinding for higher stats. Most time the game locks you into using the most appropriate character (ie you use Trevor for the flying stuff) or gives you equipment as a workaround (dont bother raising lung capacity since you always get scuba tanks)

Trevor's Piloting skill maxes out easy after completing Nervous Ron and doing one or two Weapons Trafficking missions via airplane and there is always Flight School for Franklin and Michael even though Michael is the only player other than Trevor who flies an aircraft during missions.

I can max out Lung Capacity via Scuba tanks and Yoga works for raising LC for Michael.

The only two skills that I have a somewhat hard time raising are Franklin's Strength because he cannot play Tennis and Michael's Special since I am not crazy about going around shooting Innocents in the head.  I'd rather save gunplay for missions.  if I am going to score headshots, it may as well count towards a Gold medal.

I was also smart enough to engineer it so that Michael got the Bike Thief 1 encounter and got the $100K stock in Animal Ark.  Not going apeshit with spending and sleeping off time allowed me to complete The Truth mission chain before the Jewelry Store Heist.  I still can't go looking for the Epsilon Tracts until I buy the Sonar Collections Docks since one of the packages is like a mile underwater in some wreckage which requires scuba gear to reach.

And yep, rumors are true.  I was able to enter the Fleeca bank location near the Discount Store in Sandy Shores as Trevor and the safe is there clear as day complete with electronic lock but I can't interact with it in any way..

Trying not to get my hopes up that the latest patches are unlocking the content for Heist related missions for GTA:O..

Looks like I will not be around for Tuesday Night Titans and thankfully it is not work related.

One of my best friends, David Beck, is a professional stand-up comedian and he's in town chillin' and visiting his family after doing some promo work for Carlos Mencia's shows at the Funny Bone last week.

http://whoisdavidbeck.com

We are headed to the Tilted Kilt at quitting time to get tore down and partake of the grilled wings before he's off to Jacksonville, FL for his next gig.

• Like 1

Dan, Robert, Melraz and I did the sawmill survival last night, and everything was going absolutely great until wave 10, then it completely fell apart in about 5 seconds. The wheels fell right off, very quickly.

Then Robert and I got into Freemode, and wouldn't you know it, there's a guy in God mode. They absolutely ruin everyting, because even if you get out of their way, they tend to come back over to you at some point. We were just trying to kill some guys near him and here he'd come, so we'd throw it in passive and wait for him to leave, then come out and start killing people again, rinse, repeat.

Not a real good way to run a railroad. I hate to join the dogpile, but:

Glitch that involves making money: Rockstar snuffs out with a hotfix ASAP

Glitch that ruins the game for everyone, yet doesn't involve making money: MIGHT get patched with next update, whenever that is.

• Like 1

That was the first god mode guy I'd seen in a while.  There was enough other stuff going on, between being surrounded by other players and what had to be the entire LSPD, that it took me getting killed 3 times by the guy to be absolutely sure he was cheating.  After that, I just slapped it into passive and gave him jazz hands every time he got near.  Then his buddy showed up in a tank.  All we needed was a jet to make it the worst of all possible worlds.

Rest of the night was pretty good though.  I actually did one of those stupid DMs that promises a million RP and a billion dollars.  Only did it because I noticed the host had left owned weapons turned on. Don't know if anybody else clued in to that.  Wound up winning, got about 65 kills and a K/D of about 2.

We ran roughshod over a room or two in freemode, then went on a survival run.  Finished Industrial Plant for the first time, and then did another one that was a cakewalk - almost as easy as Boneyard.  I've never seen a survival turn to shit as fast as that sawmill one did on level 10.  The other 3 guys died within about 10 seconds of each other.  That left me trying to solo wave 10.  I thought I had a chance till I realized we'd only managed to kill about 5 guys. The survival in UFO park had me rolling when melraz nearly ran stout over.

My shitty router only crapped out once.  New router should be here tomorrow, and new modem by the weekend, so maybe I'll have a functional network by next week.

• Like 1