DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

There are a number of missions that used to show that I had not completed them, even though I had.  I'm just going off memory, but it sounds like those missions match the ones that they removed.  The change may have something to do with that. 

JT - I'm down for Docks to Stocks tonight if you're on, provided I don't have to open a safe. 

There are a number of missions that used to show that I had not completed them, even though I had. I'm just going off memory, but it sounds like those missions match the ones that they removed. The change may have something to do with that.

JT - I'm down for Docks to Stocks tonight if you're on, provided I don't have to open a safe.

If we stick to mission parameters, hacking/cracking is my role.

There are a number of missions that used to show that I had not completed them, even though I had.  I'm just going off memory, but it sounds like those missions match the ones that they removed.  The change may have something to do with that. 

I think you guys are thinking of Stocks & Scares. 

Docks to Stocks requires us to steal a cargobob from Ft. Zancudo, avoid getting shot out of the sky, and then stealing a container guarded by Merryweather!

Any takers?

*crickets chirp*

Anybody?? 

Bueller??

Bueller??

• Like 1

I think MIs and I and Kelvin did one of the Docks to Stocks, the second one, I'm pretty sure. Should be easy for a larger group. Should. You know we'll do 'em any ol' time, we're pros.

The debate: how to lose your wanted level with the Cargobob. Some say you can actually do so by flying high up enough in the air, but I dunno. What I did was land the damn thing, get out, get shot by the cops, and when I respawned, no more wanted level and they didn't care about me flying off with the Cargobob. Problem is, that wastes a team life.

Glad to hear people are gonna be on, I could use the laughs. 

Someone online said they took down the missions with the lowest rankings from users, and for some reason, Coveted only has a 50 percent "like" ranking. Coveted isn't all that easy compared with Rooftop Rumble, which is just a piece of cake once you and whomever you're playing with get into a rhythm.

The Crystal Clearouts would be much easier with a Buzzard. I was playing the third one by myself because I hadn't done it yet, and I very carefully sniped and shot at the first two hangouts (eating tons of candy bars along the way after nearly dying a bunch). When I got to the third hangout, I'm like "why didn't I think of this sooner?" and pulled out the ol' RPG and shot that place to shit. 

I barely pulled off No Hay Bronca by myself by using a Buzzard. That one's tough for the amount of RP and cash you get.

I'm dying to see if Lester's "piss off, cops" works while doing Death from Above (the one where you shoot the guy and take his picture). Still tops my "more trouble than it's worth" list.

I dunno iffin I'll be on tonight or not. Still at work and probably be here till 9ish. I haven't seen the Mrs. inna bouta week or so. She's home tonight but will hopefully get in the bed early so daddy can play it's been to dalm long

Very pleased by last night's turnout.  A party so large that it exceeded Live's 8 player maximum.  The .01 hit to my K/D Ratio was hard to take due to my horrible showing in the second, single-player deathmatch, but at least I was the top killer in team deathmatch at the container ship terminal. 

I was kinda out of it during the last deathmatch at the refinery because my ex-wife and I were in the middle of a rather heated discussion.  I tried to mute my mic but I think I was unsuccessful.

It is probably for the best that you left when you did as there were some things after it that would have infuriated you

stout and I were talking about how it almost seemed like the game chat sounded better than the party chat (and knowing how to toggle between the two is a big plus)

Mark and I were talking. On Jobber Thursday - we need to take a trip out to a shooting range because I am missing a bunch of stuff there

It is probably for the best that you left when you did as there were some things after it that would have infuriated you.

I can only imagine.  Real life is totally pissing me off right now.  Game life needs to fill me with joy or at least provide catharsis.

stout and I were talking about how it almost seemed like the game chat sounded better than the party chat (and knowing how to toggle between the two is a big plus.

Yeah, I noticed that also.  It may also help if I get a better headset.

Mark and I were talking. On Jobber Thursday - we need to take a trip out to a shooting range because I am missing a bunch of stuff there

I am closing in on Rank 100, so I could stand to win a GTA race, a tennis match, and a target grid shooting range challenge on Jobber Thursday and get some bonus RP.

I am also one pistol kill and one headshot kill away from Gold medals, but I can get those medals murdering people in free mode.

You have no idea how much I need video games to distract me right now

I will say chat's did improve for me when I finally replaced my original XBOX headset a few weeks ago

We did do LS Forum after you left and it ended up being at night AND in the rain - which so added a new dimension to it

Does anyone remember the names of the death matches we did last night? There were a few that I really liked but have no memory of what they were called.

Except the one at the beach. All the ones at the beach can go kick rocks

I think the one we did at the port was called Terminal.  That was fun.  I finally settled into a rhythm before phone call #2 from my former spouse blew my calm..

I hated the one at Vespucci Beach.  Too much ground to cover for a single-player deathmatch, IMO, but that may just be sour grapes from me since I didn't do so well thanks to static from the ex..

The deathmatch at what I thought was a refinery was actually at the Palmer-Taylor Power Station.  I think it was callled Power Play.  I would've enjoyed it more if I hadn't been seething from the night's real life shenanigans.  My kid's 18th birthday cannot come soon enough.

You having agita with someone while we play is a given, like rippa dealing with his kid. :)

There were acouple times last night when i had to take off my headset because of the clutter being too loud.

I did okay in the beach DM because i just parked far away and used a sniper rifle. I think chris killed me once and got maybe 4 or 5 kills.

I got distrqcted with the last DM because CMLL was starting and i couldbtnt get terras new site to work.

Well, it took longer than I thought it would, but with 270+ Deathmatch wins, I've finally got the Burning Heart (Team Deathmatches don't count, One on One's in Freemode don't count. Vehicle Deathmatches do).

FYI: If you have to use only the Pistol, it means Pistol class, not just the regular Pistol pistol. I've done them with the AP Pistol and got the achievement. Also, you can switch to your Sniper to use it as a telescope, and provided you don't pull the trigger you haven't 'used' it.

Last night we were doing High Road in SUVs. I bet $100 on myself, and mentioned I had a custom SUV (Customs in every class, me), and suddenly there was $3,300 staked on me in total. Now I sort of rolled over a bit on the first lap, but I was catching up when I suddenly forgot we weren't doing Dipping In and started speeding down the wrong road (there's a section that's identical, but then High Road goes a block to the South where Dipping In goes straight). Turned round and raced on, but for 3/4 of the lap a Mr Cris To Balls is talking non-stop about what an idiot I am. Worked my way back up to 2nd, but I'm 20-odd seconds behind... and then I see his blip racing down the Dipping In road while the Checkpoint is right in front of me. So, I won.

And then it glitched, gave me and Cris the same RP and Money for 1st and 2nd, and said everyone who bet on me lost thier bet.

Can't believe y'all don't like my new look.

That new race we did with the jump at the end had a great finish, with 3 of us going over the jump at the same time in a dead heat for second.  I'd have loved to have been able to see the chaos of that from outside. That may have been the same race where I took the wrong turn on an off ramp, and half the field followed me.

Late shift made a bunch of new friends last night.  We wound up in that big hotel near the golf course, completely surrounded.  Everybody wanted a piece of us, and some of then were capable of taking it.  They were coming from everywhere, which made for a great firefight.  People coming from all directions, plus snipers above, made it pretty much impossible to just hunker down.  Some level 5 guy was in the middle of it.  Didn't work out too well for him, I'm thinking.

Last fight was funny.  There were about 4 or 5 guys way down the road from us, so far you could only see cars, not pedestrians.  I saw one car acting funny and decided to take a sniper shot at it on a whim.  One shot, and the damn thing blows up, taking several other cars with it.  Turns out I blew up a personal vehicle, my 4th or 5th of the night.  That seemed to irritate its erstwhile occupant, Havok something, so we got into a pretty good back and forth fight.  I think he was up about 10-8 when Still Bird, a guy we'd been fighting earlier, shows up in a damn tank shows up and takes me out.  The Havok guy and I both go passive, and then he sends me a text apologizing for going passive because of the tank. 

After you left, Robert, Havok and I ended up getting into it and he went into passive after eating a couple of blasts in a row from my assault shotgun after I had ran out of rifle ammo. This was after I'd ran out of machine gun ammo. And grenades for the launcher. And RPG missiles. It was one of those kind of nights in Freemode. I tried to run him over a couple of times with a car, but he eluded my grasp and I left.

At one point while all that warring was going on in the rich section of town, I skidded into the middle of it and said to myself "the radar screen is absolutely nothing but dots." I think there were at least 11 people down there, counting us. That Stl Bird guy was absolutely making me his bitch (end of night scoreboard: 21-4) and by the end of the night was just showing off like he was the Harlem Globetrotters pouring a bucket of confetti on my head. Except the bucket of confetti was a sticky bomb.

Here's what still gets me - I happen across The Austrian Sensation Herby~! who has the gas can in his hand. I'm thinking "what the hell is he doing with that?" then suddenly, he shows up as having killed two guys. I was dying to know how those poor goofs met their end, but that was when he had his headset off. 

Last night was the dumbest night for tanks ever - one guy got killed once by me and once by Melraz. He high-tailed it out, and I thought "guess he doesn't wanna play anymore," and didn't think twice about it until he returned with a tank. I KINDA understand if we're kicking someone's ass and they grab a tank. But two kills? Then there were two dudes who did virtually the same thing. Then that Bird guy grabbed a tank even though he was kicking everyone's ass.

The game chat sounded WAY better than the Xbox chat. Much clearer. And yeah, Robert, the jump at end of that race was freakin' awesome, he says, sarcastically. I was in freakin' SECOND going into that damn thing, then finished dead last in ninth. And that was awesome how the entire chatroom at the same time's like "damn, Robert, what happened to you?" at the same time I was thinking "holy hell, I once joined the mile high club with her?"

And there was so much shared group love for Kelvin's three-and-a-half-hour up and down and up and down and up and down the mountain race. Actually, if that race had an option for one lap, it'd be awesome. Two's a bit much of that.

Rollerball at the LS Forum never ceases to amaze. I love looking at the piles of discarded motorcycles along the bottom of the track by the end of the race. And Four-Way Jump as a GTA race got a little hectic. I'm surprised I haven't ran into randoms doing that one as a GTA race, it's pretty well suited for it.

That LS Forum race was incredible. 

So many amazing deaths including someone (it was so chaotic I have no idea who it was) using me and my bike as a ramp and decapitating himself on the roof of the arena,

Eventually I just stopped trying to race and got fairly good at nailing pretty much everything with rockets.

I've figured out my headset is complete garbage and picked up a new one on my way to work this morning, so hopefully from here on I'm not turning the chat into a garbled mess.

Eventually I just stopped trying to race and got fairly good at nailing pretty much everything with rockets.

That was me.

It what had to be a first - I died via decapitation on the top of the fucking roof

That was me.

It what had to be a first - I died via decapitation on the top of the fucking roof

I've had that happen to me at least once too, maybe the first time I did that race.  Hit an unoccupied bike in the middle of the track and whacked my head on one of those girders above.  LS Forum is always great because it's always absolute chaos.  I went off the track 4-5 times, was off the bike at least half a dozen, and died at least 20.  Sill came in second.

I knew I was in pretty good shape in that Forum race because I'd fall off the building, respawn, still be in first. Get shotgunned off my bike, respawn, still be in first. 

Everyone's probably figured this out by now, but going for the rockets = your ass. You will fall off the building. They're best ignored.

Hey, heads up/warning for Freemoders: Herby said Lester's turn the cops off thing works with the troops in Fort Zancudo, so expect to see lots more people flying around jets very soon.

Oh, and Coveted isn't available via the "start a job" menu, but it popped up on a voting screen last night. We didn't try to do it to see if it worked. So maybe all those jobs aren't gone, just a little harder to get to.

I joined a mission that unlocks around level 75, I'm in the low 40s, had two other accomplices over level 100 and one had a rocket launcher. Rocket launcher started blasting everything in sight and takes out most of the enemies. I was left running around taking cover and picking off the strays and didn't notice how the other guy died, but rocket launcher gets in his car and starts ramming me repeatedly. So I am dead as well as player 2, rocket launcher grabs the package and heads off in his Entity, which he couldn't drive for shit, and stops for a few minutes over in Rockford. I'm spectating, as I'm not going to give up the cash and xp when this guy finishes, which he eventually did. Not sure why he stopped and waited so long, maybe he thought I would drop off and quit like the other player, but I'm grinding, dammit.

Like the look outside the home with the map from the update. Load times between jobs seems slightly less, also. 

I get those guys occasionally when playing with randoms. If he's screwing with someone else, too, y'all can vote to kick him out of the job by hitting start, then going to Online, then go to Players, pick him and select Kick. You need a majority vote in the room, though - if there's three of you, you have to have two votes. Me and another guy kicked the last guy out of a job once after he killed both of us, ending the job, because screw him.

Even if I don't have the numbers to kick him out, I'll give him bad reputation on XBox Live (I couldn't tell you where that is, that's convoluted), which gives me the option of being kept away from his sorry ass in games in the future.

That's the only reason I can think of that I'd give out bad rep like that - save that running over people crap for Freemode, this is a mission. 

I finally got tired of doing missions with random people because of shit like that.  I don't mind scrapping with randoms at all, so I'm perfectly happy to do DMs with them or fight it out in freemode.  The endless pit maneuvers in races and sundry bullshit it missions has pretty much put me off those, unless I'm with crew.  At least in DM or freemode I know everybody wants to shoot me in the face, so I can see the threat coming.