DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Dr. Deathmatch learning the Mary Lou? Oh dear.

And I just wish someone had told me about the whiskey drinking/clone thing. That sounds awesome. And I would complain about the loss of my live-in girlfriend, but last time I went into that room, it was a dude. 

If all those glitch fixes turn out to be true, that's awesome. Well, except for saying goodbye to my old friend, the rapidly spawning armored cars. I'm just glad I got to do that one more time last night - man, it's fun chasing those things around and trying to blow them up and take the cash when you've already got a three-star wanted level and 200 cops around you. Plus you really get a feel for how bad the cops are at killing you when you're in a car. I was in some complete plece of crap compact car I'd stolen and they absolutely could not catch me. I couldn't shake them, but they couldn't shoot me.

And I'm glad to see some of the car duplication glitches go. I was gaming with some kid who was doing one of them, and it was at least a trip to watch - he'd back something big into his garage door, go in his apartment and keep popping up magically at Los Santos Customs with different-colored copies of the same car. "You like it in red? Green? Blue?" 

But there's gonna be lots of grumbling, because people were hoping for something cooler than one big feature and tons of bug fixes. I know something cooler's coming later, but they should've explained it better.

And I might be entirely wrong, but I think Rockstar believes people give much more of a shit about the Capture Creator than they do. No one plays the captures Rockstar created, why does that mean everybody's gonna play some goof's? 

The new Lester option will be helpful when warring with goofs in Freemode and you want the cops to leave you alone long enough to let you get a shot off.

I'd have to bet this option will be turned off for some jobs.

Apparently, Captures from now until Friday are paying double RP and money, so ...

I just can't get into playing them. I'm never really sure whether to go find whatever, stick around and guard the base, go to the other team's base, etc. I know that's all part of it, but it's kinda boringly confusing.

Best capture I ever played was one where you've gotta grab some Sanchez motorcycles (I think) and take them back to your base. It was all friends of mine, and we declared shooting or wrecking each other was off-limits, fastest team to get the motorcycles to the base wins.

But there's gonna be lots of grumbling, because people were hoping for something cooler than one big feature and tons of bug fixes.

I agree somewhat, but some of those bugs are game killing and need to be fixed.  I especially hate the garage /  live weapon glitch after having survived two attempts on my life.

Car duping really doesn't bother me because it's not like GTA Online is an MMO where the devs actively regulate the player economy anyway.  I just assume that even the lowest rank droog probably has a Rhino and a Buzzard at his disposal because of cash glitching.

There are come Capture scenarios I like and others that can eat a bag of dicks.    I have yet to play in a session with more than ten people, so any Capture scenario with more than two teams is counterproductive.

You need to invite me to these deathmatches with the no-skill having bullet monkeys you normally play with, Rob. 

I need low hanging fruit to help boost my kill count.  I never get random invites to DM's when I am in free mode and no one ever seems to show up in the DM lobbies that I host.  I just find random firefights in the city and shoot people like everyone else does.

I just join random DMs.  I wind up quitting before the match starts about 80% of the time because people seem to have this fascination with doing terrible matches.  Prison Thugz has been replaced with a hundred other random crappy melee DMs.  Or by matches like the one I did last night that started me at the top of a skyscraper.  I had to parachute down to get into the action, and then there were tanks at ground level.  Every single person that voted crapped on that one, other than the guy that made it.

I usually only do random DMs at times where there's not many folks from the crew online, because I end up quitting out so often after seeing the match description.  If you happen to be on when I'm doing a DM, the invites go out automatically even though I never host.  stout has wisely ignored hundreds of them.

Did a couple matches back to back last night against guys that were definitely not fooling around.  5 dudes from the same crew.  I wound up 4/11 in the second match, and felt fortunate to do that well.  I took my own advice and hunkered down a couple times just to try to get my bearings.  And that was on a map I where I normally do well.

I actually wanted to do some of those last night, Robert - you were playing some ones that seemed new to me and I wanted to check out their deal - but I was playing Rooftop Rumble constantly with Herby so he can afford whatever cars they're bringing out whenever they're bringing them out. We have it down to a complete routine that works constantly, but I'd rather do something else occasionally.

And I hate car duping because ever since they took the 20-some billion I never asked for away from me, I've worked hard for my money, dammit. I've done that gosh-darn Rooftop Rumble until I can (and have) done it in my sleep. I resent the fact that some kid can dupe a car and sell it in seconds for more money than I earn legitimately playing the game for HOURS.

I also resent the kids who (and there's tons out there) simply will not work for money in this game. The kid I mentioned who duplicated cars needed, like, $15,000 for something. I told him we could do Rooftop Rumble in no time flat and he'd have his money. He said he'd rather sell a car that he could get back later from a friend who duplicates, and boom, he had his $15,000 plus an enormous chunk of change. All so he wouldn't have to do one mission that takes about 3 minutes.

The capture in the mountains with the tunnel was not bad. They have been the first one we did.

Melraz, Rippa and I won a Capture where the team that steals the most buses from a depot and gets them back to their base wins.  That was the most fun I've had in a while in GTA Online.

I don't particularly care for the Capture scenarios where there is more than one team.   The advantage in multi-team Capture missions usually goes to the guy working solo.since the tiebreaker criteria is K/D.

I also resent the kids who (and there's tons out there) simply will not work for money in this game. The kid I mentioned who duplicated cars needed, like, $15,000 for something. I told him we could do Rooftop Rumble in no time flat and he'd have his money. He said he'd rather sell a car that he could get back later from a friend who duplicates, and boom, he had his $15,000 plus an enormous chunk of change. All so he wouldn't have to do one mission that takes about 3 minutes.

I agree.  I'd rather do missions and jobs to make cash because I'm online cutting up with you rubes.  Earning GTA bucks while doing it is the bonus.

I actually wanted to do some of those last night, Robert - you were playing some ones that seemed new to me and I wanted to check out their deal - but I was playing Rooftop Rumble constantly with Herby so he can afford whatever cars they're bringing out whenever they're bringing them out. We have it down to a complete routine that works constantly, but I'd rather do something else occasionally.

You really didn't miss anything.  Last night had me wishing they'd allow you to set some parameters for random DM selection.  If I could have set it to Rockstar created only last night, I damn sure would've.  One match was so bad I bailed and took off, very slowly of course, in a dump truck.  I took it off that jump into the ocean we were using last week.  Wasn't nearly as spectacular as taking a fully loaded logging truck off, but it was still better than that stupid match.

I agree.  I'd rather do missions and jobs to make cash because I'm online cutting up with you rubes.  Earning GTA bucks while doing it is the bonus.

Couldn't agree more.  I don't mind losing, getting killed, etc with y'all because I'm laughing my ass of 90% of the time anyway. 

The capture in the mountains with the tunnel was not bad. They have been the first one we did.

I could do withoutbthem now.

I did a couple captures with random folks in the last day or two - first since we did that bus one with a big bunch of crew 2 weeks back.  I had fun in them, but I would never set out to intentionally join a capture.  I really don't think we need a capture creator though.  My problem with capture missions is that they usually don't have enough people in them, especially the ones that have 4 teams.  Enabling a creator for them will just exacerbate that problem.  I honestly think the DM creator is causing some of the same issues there as well.

Couldn't agree more.  I don't mind losing, getting killed, etc with y'all because I'm laughing my ass of 90% of the time anyway. 

Yeah, the antics are what makes the evening.  Rippa yelling at Mark for the PIT hits in races.  Me screaming tactical instructions (TAKE COVER BACK HERE, GUYS~!) as if we were an actual criminal enterprise hitting a rival gang.  Good times.

Man it sones like I missed a good night on gta. I haven't been on in a couple of weeks purdy much I'd say I'd be so rusty that one shot on my ass and I'd turn on to 180lbs of loose scrap. Work and travel have kept me busy for 2 weeks. Rukered and I got a new wwe game yesterday and we broke it in last night. I will hopefully be on sometime tonight if I don't spend all evenin/night at work fixin to go in now. Hope it's a good shift so I can knock some of the rust off later.

Yeah, the antics are what makes the evening.  Rippa yelling at Mark for the PIT hits in races.  Me screaming tactical instructions (TAKE COVER BACK HERE, GUYS~!) as if we were an actual criminal enterprise hitting a rival gang.  Good times.

Says the man who beefed me on like the 2nd last turn because he clearly was displeased with my winning streak :-P

Says the man who beefed me on like the 2nd last turn because he clearly was displeased with my winning streak :-P

Like you didn't try to take me out earlier in that race. :-P

I got in front of you in the Sandy Shores race when you went wide to clear the jump before me and hit the telephone pole.  That wasn't my fault!

Yeah - it wasn't as egregious as Robert cock blocking everyone on the mountain

Or Fresh blatantly trying to force you off course in an off-road race if he is in a dune buggy or a BF Injector and you are on a Sanchez. 

I tend to give up the lane to passers because it usually goes bad for me if I try an obstruction move while I am in front.  I have no problems with PITing a guy in front of me that won't get out of my way.  Rubbin' is racin'.

I was pleased to see we all managed to avoid the fucking Winnebago that appeared magically in oncoming traffic at the finish line during the race in Sandy Shores.

Everything is so much less chaotic when you've flown off the mountain into the ocean on the first turn and re-spawn 30 seconds behind everyone else.

Everything is so much less chaotic when you've flown off the mountain into the ocean on the first turn and re-spawn 30 seconds behind everyone else.

That was a highlight for me

ME: Oh someone is so going to drive off the mountain into the water

Chris: Already did...

• Like 1

They seem to have axed several Rockstar-created jobs, for no good reason - you can't call up Coveted (boo!), some, if not all of the Crystal Clearout series, and I think the one where you make off with the truck full of pot is gone (not the Hippie one with two teams). There's probably others. This boggles my mind - the jobs on the game are gettting old anyway, why thin the herd?

Also, the Lester make the cops leave you alone thing is awesome if you just like occasionally running over herds of computer players.

I've heard of other changes, but I gotta see if they're true or not. Also, dunno if this was always here and I'm stupid, but you can look at the map outside your garage while in your garage if you push down on the d-pad twice (like you're pulling up the big map - the big map's an outside map instead of a bigger map of your garage).

Next time I'll use a Sanchez like I always do.  As soon as I started to spin I figured I'd wind up blocking everybody, which is exactly what happened.

Alternatively, I could learn how to drive.  That would help too.

Sometimes I am glad that Moongirl is heavy into Modern Warfare right now.  At least I can share the shame of crashing into Trevor's trailer on a victory lap with people who are just as likely to miss that turn as I am.

Watching Moongirl run races flawlessly and popping victory wheelies across the finish line makes me want to rage quit and start shooting Cannibals in Mass Effect 3, God love her.

They seem to have axed several Rockstar-created jobs, for no good reason - you can't call up Coveted (boo!), some, if not all of the Crystal Clearout series, and I think the one where you make off with the truck full of pot is gone (not the Hippie one with two teams). There's probably others. This boggles my mind - the jobs on the game are gettting old anyway, why thin the herd?

Which reminds me.  I need some brave souls to run Docks to Stocks 1 and 2 with me sometime.

They probably took Coveted down because people are grinding it so much. Crystal Clearout is incredibly easy $10k for 3 minutes of work if you can call up a Buzzard.

Bumping up the difficulty for Coveted wouldn't be that hard.   Just force the pilot to surgically drop off the container and spawn some bad guys in Mavericks or Froggers to give chase.  

Make the other players defend the Cargobob because any evasive maneuvers from the pilot may cause the container to unlatch.

That would make the mission a little tricky but not impossible to beat.

Which reminds me. I need some brave souls to run Docks to Stocks 1 and 2 with me sometime.
Those are some of Melraz's favorites. Mine too, for that matter. I'm down for those any time.

And speaking of race crashes, wasn't it you that I totally screwed over a week or so ago?

We were in super cars, both of us with a decent lead. I lined up to get in your slipstream, and ended up being too close when it kicked in. I couldn't swerve fast enough and plowed you right in the bumper, sending you into a building and me spinning out. Everybody passed us before we could recover. It was a complete accident, but I've still felt like a shit head ever since.

Edit:Just now realizing that reads like a damn Craigslist missed connection.

• Like 1