DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

My Phoenix is fully kitted out.  She is now officially The Bandit.

0_0.jpg

I am suddenly possessed with the need to attempt stunt jumps in Blaine County and create a custom mission where I run interference through Blaine County and make jackasses out of the Sheriff's Department while one of you drives a rig and delivers a trailer full of Pißwasser beer.

I think Rooftop Rumble is glitched. Played it about 5 or 6 times yesterday and the Merryweather SUVs only showed up once.

Yep, when Misanthrope, Jstout, and I ran that mission on Tuesday, there was only one Declasse SUV sent after us. 

I occupied it at the garage while they got a way.  I don't turn away gifts.

• Like 3

Someone (Herby?) said they got popped in their garage,

How in the hell did they kack him at home?  That is distressing. 

I have had assholes drive a dump truck up to my garage door so that I can't drive out, but I've never been shot in my penthouse or my garage before.

Someone (Herby?) said they got popped in their garage,

How in the hell did they kack him at home?  That is distressing. 

I have had assholes drive a dump truck up to my garage door so that I can't drive out, but I've never been shot in my penthouse or my garage before.

A GTA friend of mine said (no cause to doubt him, seems like an upright dude) that someone got in his garage, blew up his cars, and he had to pay for the insurance fees because whoever got into his garage didn't have the money to pay (likely purposefully). This is the only report I've heard of this happening. Mis and Herby have both had players in their garages, but I'm pretty sure neither got shot at. Until I hear of someone I know from here being harmed in a garage, it's not worth worrying about. If someone can shoot you, they can blow up your cars, and that can cost ya.

I had some kind of someone in my garage once, I guess it was a player, but a name never showed up. They ran around aimlessly until i figured it was just some stupid glitch and I left. I didn't get shot or have anything blown up. That was the same time I had a blown-up car carcass just show up in my garage in the spot where my Adder goes so my Adder was on top of the car carcass. Maybe I took a picture of that, but I'd have to find it among my collection of topless chicks from the RIchman Mansion. Don't judge me.  

We ran Rooftop Rumble about 750 more times after that - like taking candy from a baby - and always had the full complement of computer baddies. We had anywhere from two to four people doing the mission and it always ran the same.

• Like 1

That was the same time I had a blown-up car carcass just show up in my garage in the spot where my Adder goes so my Adder was on top of the car carcass. Maybe I took a picture of that, but I'd have to find it among my collection of topless chicks from the RIchman Mansion. Don't judge me.  

I haven't gotten around to taking a selfie of myself at the grotto of the Richman Mansion with a naked chick in the background, but that day is coming.

How did they blow up his vehicles?  I thought all weapons were disabled?  No wonder my instinct is to never buzz someone into my penthouse unless I know them.

How did they blow up his vehicles?  I thought all weapons were disabled?  No wonder my instinct is to never buzz someone into my penthouse unless I know them.

This wasn't someone he let in, this was someone who magically appeared like Mis' person and (I guess) whoever was in my garage. People you let in can't do crap to you or your stuff. Notice the person in Mis' photo has a gun, and it's tinted pink. The question is, can the gun be used? I still dunno whether to believe the kid or not - as soon as someone I know better says something, I'd believe it. 

Edit: Google is virtually blank on this subject. You figure if this had much in the way of legs, someone would be howling about it online. I'd discount it to "further research needed" status, for now. I did find a YouTube video where someone's explaining how to pop up in someone's garage and shoot them, but it says nothing about blowing up their cars. Whoever's doing the glitch apparently has to live in the same apartment building as you.

My photos of the topless chicks are of odd sentimental value to me - the hilariously bored, blank expression on their faces is one of my favorite little details of the whole game. If you get too close to them when you take their picture, they'll get offended, and if there's a bro in the area, he'll try to fight you over it. Then if you defend yourself, there goes the party and here comes a wanted level. 

Another of my odd pastimes is if I'm cruising around Freemode at night, I pick up a hooker and just ride around wherever I wanna go with her and listen to her get more and more annoyed that I'm not finding us someplace private. Eventually I'll stop and do something and she'll get out, but I've arrived at a firefight with a hooker in tow.  

Yeah, I was dumbfounded when I saw that the guy in the pic had an Assault Shotgun.  That is an alaming glitch. I would hope that he wouldn't be able to use that weapon.

I figured that with players "sharing" the same cribs, it would be a matter of time before a bug developed because of all that object transposition.  There are definitely some template issues going on with the game because my Chains listing for my wardrobe has duplicated items. 

The templates are not interchangable and now you have to specify the necklace template associated with either wearing a shirt or not wearing a shirt (for the dudes that like to show off their tattoos.)

I guess I should be thankful that the gold and bronze chains are no longer gaudy and ugly.

Speaking of hookers, I once had a clean sniper shot at a player with a bounty on his head somewhere near Strawberry but he ran to my left and a hooker came into my field of fire.  I took the shot.  The bullet killed both the hooker and the player ($7K bounty!), but the cops were not pleased.

We were teachers last night, and the lesson was humility.  Some level 380 guy somehow got into a room with stout, misanthrope, Herby and myself.  Herby gets a bounty, so I head over and collect with my sniper rifle.  Then I notice somebody standing right next to me that doesn't look like an NPC.  Sure enough - before I can switch to a better gun, the guy shoots me.  I'm assuming he was coming for Herby, and I just beat him.

I got him 3 times in succession before everybody else showed up.  Everybody took turns taking him out till he managed to hide again.  Called mercenaries on him - they flushed him out for stout to finish off.  Then misanthrope nailed him one last time with a sticky bomb on his way out of the session.  Probably should have known that would happen in a room where everybody else is in the same crew.

This damn game is taking advantage of my OCD nature.  I'm frustratingly close to unlocking a bunch of things - level 120 for minigun, green tint for my shotgun, plus the hustler, scoped out and full metal jacket awards.

• Like 2

I am shocked that we haven't been involved in a turf war yet.  You guys on the 360 Night Shift must have a list of enemies a mile long and I am sure I am KOS by every Juggalo themed crew in existance.

• Like 2

I think part of it might be that half of the crew purposely avoids freemode as to not get caught up in the all the trouble you guys have caused

I have only fired in proactive self defense. 

• Like 1

I think part of it might be that half of the crew purposely avoids freemode as to not get caught up in the all the trouble you guys have caused

I have only fired in proactive self defense. 

Noticed you didn't mention blowing poor, unsuspecting bastards up, though.

I generally don't go after folks that haven't shot at me first.  Of course, if there's an ongoing firefight, the innocent will get hit if they get too close. I have targeted people for having things like sniper or assassin in their names occasionally.

Oh, yeah. The car bombs.   I forgot about those.  I am sure they did something at some point to deserve that.

As a rule, I don't shoot at people that don't threaten me first. 

If a car stops near your marker, it is 99.99% certain they are up to something so I don't wait for them to fire the first shot to find out what their intentions are.

Standard policy is to pop anybody that moves on the crew. If someone is griefing you, send the word out and we join the session to put some work in.

I think everyone has the motto if someone is shootin atta gang member then that person is gonna get shot at. But bein the black sheep that I am I shoot first and piss the map off and drag the crew in with me. I'll sometimes ask though if I join someone's map or at the start of a new one after a mission. "Do you wanna have the map pissed at us or not".

I got shot with an rpg and a shotgun in my garage last week (the best night gaming on gta5 post I made on page 178...I can't use the quote button for shit).. 

The guy in the pic was trying to shoot me, but I was in passive mode.  Herby got shot, thats why I went into passive and went into my garage.  There's some kind of glitch where their (shooter's) blip shows up somewhere downtown around the banks I think, but they are actually in the garages.  Supposedly they can move from garage to garage causing chaos. 

As for the guy that started shit last night, I threw a sticky bomb into his face at point blank range.  I killed us both, but he rage quit.

I can't begin to tell you how much I enjoyed circling the block (at the police station/impound lot) in my Entity last night, while holding in the horn to play Ride of the Valkyries before I'd hop out and shotgun blast that fool that was camping in an alley/parking garage.  I was up at least 10-12 kills on him before I got bored with it.

• Like 1

Sounds like the crew has a non hell raising faction and a hell raising faction.

I don't think we've yet reached a level where a DVDR tag comes up and everybody's gunning for it. Freemode will always be the wild west - has been since GTA 4. That's why I'll never understand it when I see people bitching on the official GTA forums about freemode killing. This game is no different than the last. All I ever played was online freemode in 4 and it was a blood bath. Same here. No matter who you are - you mess around in freemode - somebody's coming for you eventually.

• Like 4