DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Because I'm dumb enough to think it adds to the randomness of it all, I'll listen in on the general room chat and start talking to the people in there.

Well, tonight, one of them was this kid (no clue why he was playing GTA at 2 a.m., I didn't even wanna ask), who said he was stranded out in the middle of nowhere and needed a ride. I asked his name, then checked his level and it was 12, so I figured he couldn't call in any help. So I told him I'd come and get him.

So I go out there, and I swear, he's four steps from a dirt road where cars and motorcycles are whipping by. This should've been a warning to me.

We start traveling around and he's big into the cars but only has a two-car garage. He wants to check out the cars in my garage. OK, fine. I let him drive my fully modded Adder around town, 'just 'cause, and he's having a big time. Only problem is, he keeps asking me two questions:

1. Can I have this car?
2. Can you give me some money?

"Why, yes, young man, you can have this car I paid $1 million in non-glitch dollars for."

And I like trying to help people who don't have a lot of money - I'm not wealthy anymore, but I'm not really saving for anything, so why not? But what bothered me is, at one point we were the only two in the room. Simeon sent me the text about bringing him one of a few certain kinds of vehicles, so I ask the kid "did you get the text from Simeon?" He says yeah, I'm like "dood, jump on it, it's easy money, there's no one here to bug you."

"I don't feel like it." Not two minutes later, here it came again. "Can you give me some money?" 

Capped bounty number eight this morning while wandering through sessions looking for a Special Crate drop.... and then when it happend, five players were in the drop zone fighting each other. One was a tank rampager.

Zone got bugged and the crate never dropped so I got dressed and came into work early.

I was heartened by the fact that I actually went out to capture a bounty on another player and didn't die in the process.  Guy was just out in the open near the golf course in his car.  I drove a short distance away, phoned Lester to hide my marker, got my sniper rifle, fired..... and missed by inches..

Or so I thought.  I must've injured him because he went apeshit and went on the offensive..

The guy wheeled around and barreled straight at me in a Buccaneer.  I hid around the corner and he plowed straight into my Patriot in a vain attempt to run me over.  I am not even going to front and act like I planned that.

I then blew him away with my assault shottie and made my getaway..

Has the game been buggy for anyone else? I've been in public servers and everyone will leave all at once. Also the game has been freezing a lot on me, thankfully the cloud saves have kept most of the RP and cash I got.

Yeah, I have had frequent game freezes lately and sometims have trouble staying in session.  Sometimes it is my shitty modem, but it can't be all the time.

I have noticed some other bugs as well:

1. Incorrect unlocks triggering after you level.  When I got Rank 78, the game told me I unlocked the RPG and I knew that wasn't true.

2. Crates no longer drop in private sessions (possibly by design but really stupid).

3. Armored Vans spawn almost constantly in private sessions.

4. Golf shots smacking on the green and dying where they fall with no bounce.

Because I'm dumb enough to think it adds to the randomness of it all, I'll listen in on the general room chat and start talking to the people in there.

Well, tonight, one of them was this kid (no clue why he was playing GTA at 2 a.m., I didn't even wanna ask), who said he was stranded out in the middle of nowhere and needed a ride. I asked his name, then checked his level and it was 12, so I figured he couldn't call in any help. So I told him I'd come and get him.

So I go out there, and I swear, he's four steps from a dirt road where cars and motorcycles are whipping by. This should've been a warning to me.

We start traveling around and he's big into the cars but only has a two-car garage. He wants to check out the cars in my garage. OK, fine. I let him drive my fully modded Adder around town, 'just 'cause, and he's having a big time. Only problem is, he keeps asking me two questions:

1. Can I have this car?

2. Can you give me some money?

"Why, yes, young man, you can have this car I paid $1 million in non-glitch dollars for."

And I like trying to help people who don't have a lot of money - I'm not wealthy anymore, but I'm not really saving for anything, so why not? But what bothered me is, at one point we were the only two in the room. Simeon sent me the text about bringing him one of a few certain kinds of vehicles, so I ask the kid "did you get the text from Simeon?" He says yeah, I'm like "dood, jump on it, it's easy money, there's no one here to bug you."

"I don't feel like it." Not two minutes later, here it came again. "Can you give me some money?"

Me in that scenario:

Stop.

Get out of car.

Set car access to "no one".

Shoot kid in face with shotgun.

• Like 1

I've been getting those incorrect weapon unlock messages for a few days.  I thought it was another artifact of having two characters, like how the social club shows me with 4 times as much RP as I actually have.  Apparently not.

Servers seemed really flaky last night.  I got timed out multiple times just as missions were starting.  Was in a survival the night before where everybody but me dropped at the same time during level 6 or 7

Yeah, I have had frequent game freezes lately and sometims have trouble staying in session.  Sometimes it is my shitty modem, but it can't be all the time.

I have noticed some other bugs as well:

1. Incorrect unlocks triggering after you level.  When I got Rank 78, the game told me I unlocked the RPG and I knew that wasn't true.

2. Crates no longer drop in private sessions (possibly by design but really stupid).

3. Armored Vans spawn almost constantly in private sessions.

4. Golf shots smacking on the green and dying where they fall with no bounce.

I thought maybe it was my internet too.  It has been very cold here (even by Minnesota standards) so a lot of power/cable lines are iced up.  But I tried some Battlefield 4 last night and that game was working fine.

I've never seen a crate drop in crew/private sessions, that's nothing new.  I have been seeing a lot of armored cars lately.  One usually spawns outside my apartment after I start.  Unfortunately it never seems to have money inside, but it's still an easy 300-400 RP for cracking it and getting back to my garage.

I've been getting those incorrect weapon unlock messages for a few days.  I thought it was another artifact of having two characters, like how the social club shows me with 4 times as much RP as I actually have.  Apparently not.

Servers seemed really flaky last night.  I got timed out multiple times just as missions were starting.  Was in a survival the night before where everybody but me dropped at the same time during level 6 or 7

I've had that stuff happening to me for a while, especially in races.  Lately though it seems to be happening more.  I think it may be because of glitchers because I noticed cars going way too fast, teleporting ahead, getting insane air off of jumps, etc.

I haven't gotten the weapon unlock messages but I have been getting notifications that my level has gone up when it hasn't.

And then Chris Hansen showed up... :)

"Hey, there, muscly arms, wanna play some GTA? I've got a freezer full of popsicles down in my cellar ..."

There was this at the end:

"Hey, I'm gonna go chat with a friend of mine, see ya."

"Want me to join you?"

"No."

Whole thing taught me that I don't have to be so nice in my quest not to be an asshole.

Game glitches a lot for me, too, but I just figured it was my wireless connection. If I'm already in the game and I try joining Friends' or joining Crew Members' games, nine times out of 10 I'll time out and have to go back to the regular version of the game and try again.

In kind of a variant of the crate deal, the game will tell me Simeon has a high-priority vehicle to be grabbed. So I can find it on my map and set a waypoint for it. I go to the parking lot where it says it is (it's always the same one) and it's not there. Then almost always about two seconds later, there's a message that someone's grabbed the car. There's no one near me on the map or screen. Someone could be hiding their blip, maybe, but that's doubtful that it's happening every time. Oh well, shrug shoulders, move on.

I've never seen a crate drop in crew/private sessions, that's nothing ne

Crates dropped with alarming frequency in private sessions before v. 1.09.  I used to think that the frequency used to be linked to the number of players in a public session, but then we saw crates drop in a private crew session with only four or five players.

Special Crates used to drop in private sessions, but I don't think that's the case anymore.  I think R* is holding crate drops as public server only events as an incentive to brave the waters.

Forgot my favorite recent glitch.  Twice now I've got messages that players are voting to kick me from a mission that I was doing solo.  Apparently I'm schizophrenic and suffering from self loathing.

Yeah, I also got a message once last week that said that players were voting to kick me out of a session...  a session consisting of four people and we were all shooting at each other in Sandy Shores at the time and chatting in the public channel about our favorite crime movies..

One of the players was a girl with the gamer tag, CarnageBabe.  Her in-game toon had more tattoos than I have seen on any toon ever.  She even had the Pirate Skull tattoo on her face; one of the free tattoos that came with the Beach Bum Pack.

I ran a bunch of missions last night with random folks.  Mixed bag as usual.

Did the mission where you steal a truckload of satellite dishes from the Lost on hard.  Got the truck just fine and took care of all the Lost that show up after you grab the truck, so I'm looking forward to a nice payday.  Then the jackass that's driving the truck tries to drive it straight down the mountain.  Unsurprisingly he destroyed it.

Did Base Invaders with 3 random folks.  Spawned way down by the docks.  One dude jumps in my car, and we make the long drive up to get Ron's airplane.  Just as we get there, my passenger exits the game.  His character stays in my car till I stop at the airport.  It then gets out, calmly shuts the passenger door, and proceeds to race off on foot as fast as it can go.  I jump in the plan as a passenger and we take off.  The fourth guy in our team heads straight to the fort.  By the time we got near, he had already taken out all the fighter jets and collected the cargobob.  The guy flying the plane never even bothered to land, just took us back to where we started.

The events of the evening have taught me that even though I came up with the crew slogan, I am by far the tamest of the crew psychopaths.

I talked to Kittenlove22 (aka the girl I smoked while shooting at xHalo who then put a bounty out on me) on Live chat after the dust settled from the gunfight that she and some randoms had with RUckered, melraz, and me.

She is actually a very nice person in real life.  We are going to play GTA golf sometime tomorrow or on the weekend..

You guys should've been around to save me from the asswhoopin' I took at the hands of some goof tonight.

As usual, I'm driving down the road minding my own business, when here he comes up from behind me, shoots me, then proceeds to kill me six more times very easily before he got cocky and I managed to blow him and his car up with an RPG. He then proceeds to shoot me about five more times, including once as I'm fleeing in terror. I finally managed to get away and back to my apartment, so I sent some mercenaries his way and watched the carnage unfold on the TV.

He killed all them, too.

Pattern I've noticed - 99 out of 100 times when some douchebag starts messing with you for no reason, they're driving an Entity. Makes it harder on the money supply when I finally blow their car up, but it's worth it. 

I've had Armoured Cars that had no money in them before (they dropped off the Radar as I approached, but I could still see them). I also delivered a High Priority Vehicle once and got no money for it.

Those two new races (Stars in Their Eyes 2 and the one me and Cristobal did last night that I've forgotten the name of) are both horrible. Who is voting for these things? I mean, that's the first time in GTA5 online I've been in a race and gotten so pissed off with the game I started driving the course backwards and crashing into people for no good reason (I did cross the river on Down the Drain once to nudge the guy in first back, but that's different). 

The events of the evening have taught me that even though I came up with the crew slogan, I am by far the tamest of the crew psychopaths.

I talked to Kittenlove22 (aka the girl I smoked while shooting at xHalo who then put a bounty out on me) on Live chat after the dust settled from the gunfight that she and some randoms had with RUckered, melraz, and me.

She is actually a very nice person in real life.  We are going to play GTA golf sometime tomorrow or on the weekend..

Your title should be changed from the Driver to The Lothario.

So if the XBox crew is the A-Team, J.T. is Face? Who's everyone else?

If the PS3 crew is the A-Team, Havoc is BA because he's the black guy. Cristobal is Murdoch because he flies planes and kills people. I'm Face because I'm the nice one (I don't start fighting until it counts as retaliation, or defending my crew. If Cris kills someone five times unprovoked, and they then shoot one bullet at him, then I feel morally entitled to start retaliating) . And either Reggie or Neil is Hannibal, except usually neither of them is about. We are undisciplined due to our lack of leadership.

Two guys came after us in Tanks. I jacked one and used it to destroy the other. They really didn't like it.

• Like 1

So if the XBox crew is the A-Team, J.T. is Face? Who's everyone else?

If the PS3 crew is the A-Team, Havoc is BA because he's the black guy. Cristobal is Murdoch because he flies planes and kills people. I'm Face because I'm the nice one (I don't start fighting until it counts as retaliation, or defending my crew. If Cris kills someone five times unprovoked, and they then shoot one bullet at him, then I feel morally entitled to start retaliating) . And either Reggie or Neil is Hannibal, except usually neither of them is about. We are undisciplined due to our lack of leadership.

Two guys came after us in Tanks. I jacked one and used it to destroy the other. They really didn't like it.

JT would be Face and Hannibal. Fresh and/or Dan would be Murdoch. I suck at flying, which could make me BA.

I've had Armoured Cars that had no money in them before (they dropped off the Radar as I approached, but I could still see them). I also delivered a High Priority Vehicle once and got no money for it.

Those two new races (Stars in Their Eyes 2 and the one me and Cristobal did last night that I've forgotten the name of) are both horrible. Who is voting for these things? I mean, that's the first time in GTA5 online I've been in a race and gotten so pissed off with the game I started driving the course backwards and crashing into people for no good reason (I did cross the river on Down the Drain once to nudge the guy in first back, but that's different).

Oddly after getting no cash in armored trucks for a while, I got $20K in one yesterday.

Most of the user created races are awful. I tried the one across Mt Chilidad in SUVs, fuck that noise. No way was I doing 12 miles of that, so I quit a race for the first time. I also could do with never coming across Jumps Jumps Jumps ever again.

Last night was a great night for getting my melee up thanks to the 2 unarmed brawls we did.

Finally passed Level 25 so time to go purchase my AR

I am like twenty or so melee kills from the Melee Combat platinum medal.  We are going to have to put one of those Fight Club deathmatchs on bookmark.  Too many of those will probably murder my K/D ratio which I like to keep above 1.0 (give as good as I get)..

I need to learn the melee controls better.  I kept throwing punches at other people when I really should've been focusing on Robert since he was in the lead and smart enough to pick off the wounded with a baseball bat. 

I also cannot seem to counter for jack shit.  I think I used the Ali shuffle counterattack a whopping total of two times over two deathmatches.  The little counter shove was only effective on that really crazy King of the Mountain In The Sky map we were on.

JT would be Face and Hannibal. Fresh and/or Dan would be Murdoch. I suck at flying, which could make me BA.

Yeah, I am big sosh.  I like talking to other gamers and I really feel bad for girl gamers because they tend to get the worst of it when it comes to dude gamers either being totally misogynistic or just plain ol' creepy.   I wouldn't be the Lothario though, since it isn't my intention to put the mack on anybody. 

Some of the females playing this game are probably young enough to be my kid!

I think that melraz is our BA. She went on a murder spree last night that was unheralded.

I think you would also kinda be Hannibal.  I don't think that xHalo realized that the reason we were able to track him so well was because you were at your apartment watching the WEAZEL newsfeed and giving us updates.  You have added intel gatherer to your duties in addition to hacker and designated sniper.

If there was an A-Team, I guess I would be Face / Hannibal since I am the logistician strategist over-analysis guy and I am that dumb nice person that extends my real life etiquette to the virtual world.  I tend not to draw my weapon unless someone else draws first, but If I see you with a weapon and you are headed at me, I will shoot first.

Crew up, fools down is the rule.  El Dragon has an itchy trigger finger & likes to shoot people, so I have no problem with him eating a bullet or two from another player he's going shot for shot with so long as Dragon was the guy that fired first.

However, if he's being griefed by someone who is attacking him first and without provocation, it will be on like Donkey Kong and we will hunt the offending party down at every turn.  I think Dan and I kacked two or three players last night that decided that shooting at us would be fun while we were in pursuit of xHalo. 

Bad idea.

Of course - we really need to do one of the prison yard ones when Fresh is around  ;)

I cannot wait to knock his cowboy hat off with a baseball bat! :D

Saying that means that Fresh will probably whoop all of our asses.