DVDVR Message Board

HULK HOGAN DUMPSTER FIRE THREAD

And WWE is surprisingly mainstream and corporate these days. It wouldn't surprise me if they knew high level media people.

Oh yeah, big time. WWE's current board members include former vice presidents at NBC, Cablevision, the Travel Channel, Mashable, Price-Waterhouse, ThinkGeek, Disneyland... they've got a wide variety of rich and powerful people who've worked with an even wider variety of rich and powerful friends. Which isn't a guarantor of being all teflony bulletproof (Dan Rather must've had more taste-making friends than practically anyone, and it still didn't help him from getting yanked down from his sacred pedestal and tossed into the gutter), but WWE has long made plenty of influential friends and used them to great advantage. They've had former Congressmen and state governors working for them, fer chrissakes.

Well, viable in the sense that she won the nomination from one of the two major parties.

Yeah, even if he tanked the general, she did win a competitive primary in 2010.

And WWE is surprisingly mainstream and corporate these days. It wouldn't surprise me if they knew high level media people.

Oh yeah, big time. WWE's current board members include former vice presidents at NBC, Cablevision, the Travel Channel, Mashable, Price-Waterhouse, ThinkGeek, Disneyland... they've got a wide variety of rich and powerful people who've worked with an even wider variety of rich and powerful friends. Which isn't a guarantor of being all teflony bulletproof (Dan Rather must've had more taste-making friends than practically anyone, and it still didn't help him from getting yanked down from his sacred pedestal and tossed into the gutter), but WWE has long made plenty of influential friends and used them to great advantage. They've had former Congressmen and state governors working for them, fer chrissakes.

Yeah, WWE is going to be fine here. They have enough media contacts that could bury this. If they could survive Chris Benoit, they could survive anything.

I kind of get the feeling that maybe Connecticut Republicans didn't really care if the WWE was racist.

Is Fresh from Connecticut?

But more seriously, even if you think the entire GOP constituency is racist, that's no reason not for it to come up in the general election.

I kind of get the feeling that maybe Connecticut Republicans didn't really care if the WWE was racist.

Is Fresh from Connecticut?

But more seriously, even if you think the entire GOP constituency is racist, that's no reason not for it to come up in the general election.

I would bring it up in the primary if it were a big deal. If you make the argument that Linda is unelectable because of her company's content then you might win over Connecticut Republicans. For some reason, her opponent didn't see it as a big deal and he lost the primary.  

In the general, you bring it up to bury Linda so you can coast to victory without spending much money or putting in much effort. Neither one of her opponents saw fit to do this however. 

Im a middle class  Black male and Id didn't find it offensive and most the black people I know got a kick out of it in a World Star Hip Hop type way. I fact a few of my Facebook friends were liking the clip just a few months ago  and I  don't think they are fans anymore so they probably saw it for the first time. Vince and Shane McMahon on air have been know at times to be the rich white corporate figures trying to be cool or hip so I can see why they got a laugh. I enjoyed the  do-rag era Vince before the death angle.

I'm thinking ya should have extended Alexandra Daddario's contract when she was asking 5/70.   Now it's looking like 7/140.   

That jump is justified after seeing her in True Detective in fact I think it's a bargain.

Speaking of, what do y'all want for BEEF MOE?

Not a damn thing you can afford.  Move along!

Since no one has claimed him yet, I'm picking up Vin Diesel for the Black delegation.  That Fast & Furious money is no joke.

I'm also picking up George Lucas.  He married a Black woman and STAR WARS/ILM DOUGH!