DVDVR Message Board

2015 NBA OFFSEASON

Cole Miner

Monroe is an interesting guy. He hasn't improved much the last few years, be can't stretch a floor at all, can't really defend on the perimeter and is not a real great rim protector.

But he's a good rebounder on both ends, has a solid post game, and can be 18-10 guy every night.

15 years ago, he'd be a borderline star.

Robin Lopez up to bat next...

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA 1m1 minute ago

Sources: With New York losing out on Greg Monroe, the process of the Knicks working to close on deal with Robin Lopez will gain momentum.

They signed Afflalo earlier. Knicks probably going to make their moves before Mavs & Lakers can get to their Plan Zs in FA.

I'm curious to see what happens to the Mavs if they miss out on Aldridge and Jordan?

If you don't hear from me for awhile, you can start making assumptions.

Heat on the verge of signing JJ Barea and on the verge of sending Mario Chalmers packing. IT'S A DOUBLE RAINBOW.

As someone who has had JJ on his team, you'll be regretting this 3 months into the season.

As someone who has had JJ on his team, you could be loving this 3 months into the season.

As someone who has had Mario Chalmers on his team for the last 7 years, I won't notice. 

• Like 2

Pistons-Suns deal..THEY DONE SPLIT THE MORRIS TWINS!!!

Phoenix has traded Marcus Morris, Reggie Bullock and Danny Granger to Detroit for future picks, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Also read Mavs interested in Jordan Hill...Heck, I barely have heard the Lakers interested in bringing him back. He's good if you play him 18-20 minutes but not as good beyond that.

Wouldn't it be nuts if the Suns end up getting LMA?  They weren't even considered players when free agency started, and here they are after grabbing Chandler, right up there with the Spurs as the favorites to get him.

LaMarcus Aldridge updates!

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA 6m6 minutes ago

The Lakers will get a second meeting with LaMarcus Aldridge today in Los Angeles, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA 3m3 minutes ago

Yahoo Sources: Another high-profile team is pursuing the possibility of gaining an audience with LaMarcus Aldridge: The Miami Heat.

Not sure what Miami would offer, but you never know with Riley.

Kinda think some of these teams are just planting seeds should Aldridge sign a shorter deal.

Lakers summer league roster is pretty good....Throw-in Kobe for 30 games and it might end up being their 21-win regular season roster. :(

CI7wWjiVEAATz4o.jpg

Wait...is THE Mark Madsen the head coach of their summer league team??

mark-madsen-dance-o.gif

if he is, that's the best thing that's happened to the Lakers this offseason by a mile.

• Like 1

Aldridge to Miami seems absolutely impossible without moving Bosh and I'd rather have Bosh.

Concur. But one of Riley's favorite moves is scheduling these "get-to-know-us" meetings whether they have any intention of making an offer or not at a time when it isn't tampering. 

I'm actually confused with Aldridge taking a second meeting with the Lakers. Maybe because I see what the Suns & Spurs have done and then what all these FAs are signing for, I just assumed he wasn't interested at all. At least that's how the media made it sound. Not that I think he's signing here. If he did great, but they'd have to add A LOT more to the team.

Pistons-Suns deal..THEY DONE SPLIT THE MORRIS TWINS!!!

Phoenix has traded Marcus Morris, Reggie Bullock and Danny Granger to Detroit for future picks, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Also read Mavs interested in Jordan Hill...Heck, I barely have heard the Lakers interested in bringing him back. He's good if you play him 18-20 minutes but not as good beyond that.

Danny Granger was on the Suns? What?

I have a bad feeling that the Kings are gonna fuck up everything for the Mavs.  No Matthews probably means no Deandre.  As much as I like the idea of having a potentially healthy Matthews on the team, Cuban and Donnie are rightfully balking at paying him 15 mil.

Wes Matthews would be financially prudent to take that money coming off of that injury. But maybe he wants to play actually serious basketball instead of the awful college short-form improve troupe of the NBA.