DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 5/1

TNA Impact Wrestling - Airing May 1, 2015 & various dates from Orlando, FL

*Eric Young comes out with a stretcher for a promo. He says Kurt said winning the title changed him and it did, it showed how good he was. Young says anyone who comes in between he and the title, he will put on a stretcher like Lashley, Roode, & Aries and potentially Kurt if he keeps ducking him. Young says it's he and Angle in a non title stretcher match which he sees as an opportunity. Young says he will show the world a man that can be beat, a man who is hurt and will get hurt even worse. Young says he will do what countless legends and champions couldn't do by ending Kurt's career.

*The Hardys def. The BDC (Kenny King & Low Ki), Austin Aries & Bobby Roode, and Bram & Ethan Carter III (w/ Tyrus) in an Ultimate X Match to win the vacant TNA World Tag Team Championships.

*They re-taped the finish of Taryn vs Kong from the last tapings, changing it to a triple powerbomb through a table from The Doll House. Taryn then repeated her heel turn promo.

*Magnus came out for a promo and talked about his career, thanking the fans. Magnus says he stands behind Mickie's decisions 100% but someone is interfering with his family business and calls out James Storm. Storm argued that Mickie's decision shouldn't be made if it was that hard to make. Storm wants Mickie out there but Magnus warns him that he's pissing him off. Magnus says Storm following their son around and trying to manipulate Mickie won't work. Magnus accuses him of trying to drive a wedge between them like he does when he brainwashes people to the Revolution. Storm says he was only helping and thinks they have trust issues. Storm brings up Magnus having a camera follow Mickie to see when she ran in to him in public. Storm brings up that he's known Mickie a lot longer than Magnus has.

*Mr. Anderson came out with a podium in ring to do his own campaign mocking EC3. EC3 interrupted and said he brought politics to wrestling. EC3 continued his promo as Anderson pretended to fall asleep during it. Anderson tells EC3 to go win the title. EC3 brings up his undefeated streak. Anderson thinks that's more important to him than the title. Anderson declares he will beat the streak when they face each other next week on the May 8th live Impact.

*Taryn Terrell (w/ The Doll House) def. Brooke to retain the knockouts championship after interference from Jade & Marti Belle. After the match, The Doll House beat up Brooke. Taryn states that Kong & Brooke couldn't beat her. Gail Kim comes out confused. Taryn says she's tired of living in Gail's shadow and now there's three of them while Gail is all alone. Gail responds that she's not alone as Kong comes out and joins her side.

*Eric Young def. Kurt Angle in a non-title stretcher match after two Piledrivers.

Rest of matches taped for Xplosion:

*Rockstar Spud def. Manik after the Underdog

*Davey Richards def. Khoya (w/ James Storm) via stretch muffler submission)

*Chris Melendez def. Samuel Shaw after a sitout full nelson slam

*Gail Kim def. Angelina Love & Madison Rayne via Eat Defeat on Angelina.

*Mikah def. Jessie Godderz after the Big Ending

*James Storm (w/ Khoya) def. Mandrews after the Last Call

*Bram def. Eli Drake after the Brighter Side of Suffering

*Magnus def. Robbie E via cloverleaf submission

*Mr. Anderson def. Tyrus (w/ Ethan Carter III) after the Mic Check

I'm assuming they'll build to a Mickie heel turn (illogical as that would be), then swerve us and Mickie's kid will turn heel and join Storm's group

(Yes, I'm aware he is only six months old.  You really think that will stop TNA?)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The opening clusterfuck opening 6-man was a thing. Al Snow's wacky jackets making a comeback amused me. Ken-EC3 thing was a lot of fun. Spud losing the title sucks, but at least they had a really good and fairly safe ladder match. Plus, it led to Spud cutting a fantastic promo in the back. Taryn-Brooke was a fine booty-shorts war. Drew vs. Ki was good-ish, but would've been better without the pipe stip. EVERYTHING WITH THIS STORM-MAGNUS-MICKIE FEUD IS AMAZING.

I assume it will be paid off at Slammiversary with Mickie saying "she'll stand by her man" and then picking Storm, or not. Either way, any result works out given how they've built this up. The stretcher match main event took a while to get going, but after the break, was a really good match. It reminded me a lot of the Hart-Michaels ladder match where it was this technically good match that involved a prop, but the prop was a storytelling device instead of just a thing to do stuff off of or onto. They didn't even do an Angle slam onto it - the stretcher was just there for a finish tease and the finish and the match was better for it.

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/100-tna/42340-live-tna-impact-5-1-15-tv-report-hardcore-justice

Screens -
bed754407109131.jpg

867962407114140.jpg

190696407114951.jpg

10830d407114033.jpg

48b35c407114054.jpg

c7c33e407114071.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/wjigmod1vsv6p2i70ffh6o0lkm1nzcgv

• Like 1

All pretty good matches tonight that all got decent time. Dug Drew/Ki a lot as well as the main event. Ki's Warrior's Way over the chair was cool. Good stuff heading in to next week.

The pipe falling off during the Pole match was just vintage TNA. Really liked the ladder match though. Some good spots and I loved Spud selling his ribs. He's my favorite guy in TNA by far.

Magnus vs Storm in a Baby on a pole match

Which would be a shame on Magnus because it's every father's job to keep their kids off the pole.

• Like 6