DVDVR Message Board

2015 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread

Elsalvajeloco

Guest Edwin

Steve Bosse has come of retirement to fight Fabio Maldonado. The weird thing is Bosse will sell more tickets than Rampage did.

I will forever remember Steve Bosse for landing some elbows on someone after he had knocked him out.

Looks like Romero is out of the Jacare fight with a meniscus injury. Now, it's a title shot automatically for the Machida vs. Rockhold winner.

I doubt it. Between the timing and matchups, they have other things to consider.

Looks like Romero is out of the Jacare fight with a meniscus injury. Now, it's a title shot automatically for the Machida vs. Rockhold winner.

I doubt it. Between the timing and matchups, they have other things to consider.

Who else is challenging for the belt?

Well Jacare should be challenging for the belt for one.

He lost to one of the dudes in the Newark main event and his opponent fell out. He ain't getting the shot unless it's as a replacement.

BTW, Chris Camozzi drew the short straw between him and Brunson to fight Jacare again. Camozzi is replacing Romero next week.

He lost to one of the dudes in the Newark main event and his opponent fell out. He ain't getting the shot unless it's as a replacement.

BTW, Chris Camozzi drew the short straw between him and Brunson to fight Jacare again. Camozzi is replacing Romero next week.

Which was four years ago.  Yeah and since that time he's won 7 fights.  He's done more to earn a title shot than Machida at this point.  Who already fought Weidman and lost.

I guess props to Camozzi for stepping up on short notice, but he already got annihilated by him.  This fight is pretty much lose-lose for Jacare.  Fighting a guy that's 0-4 in his last four UFC fights.

Which was four years ago.  Yeah and since that time he's won 7 fights.  He's done more to earn a title shot than Machida at this point.  Who already fought Weidman and lost.

They don't give a shit. He's not getting the next title shot. If he was, they would not even have him fighting Camozzi.

Apparently, Machida's loss didn't inhibit him from getting in the main event. It was their decision to make that fight instead of ya know...Jacare vs. Rockhold II.

And like you said, it's virtually lose-lose for Jacare now. With Romero, at least he had an outside shot because Machida could play defensive for 25 minutes against Rockhold or a bad decision could happen. Now it's a stay busy fight so he can fight another worthy contender or top middleweight (maybe Bisping if he blows by Dollaway) later this year.

Weidmans last defense was against Machida. They aren't doing that again already if the results fall that way. And I seriously doubt they'd do Vitor/Rockhold if the results fell that way. Nothing is automatic. You should know better than to think the winner of that match will get a title shot regardless of any other factors.

• Like 1

Weidmans last defense was against Machida. They aren't doing that again already if the results fall that way. And I seriously doubt they'd do Vitor/Rockhold if the results fell that way. Nothing is automatic. You should know better than to think the winner of that match will get a title shot regardless of any other factors.

Machida was offered an interim title fight with Vitor. If they had their doubts, they would never do such a thing like that. I guaranteed you that the Machida/Rockhold winner comes away with the title shot.

Sure if Rockhold wins and Weidman is the champ. Or if Machida winds and Vitor is the champ. If not I doubt it. I could maybe see them doing Rockhold/Belfort again because it's been a while and it want for the title. But they're not doing Machida/Weidman again anyway.

And hell, all it takes is for that fight to be a snooze fest and they're like "never mind, Jacare instead." Guarantees don't exist in MMA, especially UFC.

Yeah because if there is any company against rematches, it's the UFC.

Dude, they are rematching fights they weren't even entertaining when they happened several years ago. Yeah, I believe they would run back a fight of the year candidate.

BTW, on the Road to the Octagon special for the Fox show, they did have a ticker alerting people to the Camozzi change during the Jacare vs. Romero segment and also at the end of the show.

Guest Edwin

MJ as in Michael Johnson?  Not bad.

Indeed. Johnson has been campaigning for a fight with Bendo for a while now.