DVDVR Message Board

2015 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread

Elsalvajeloco

Update on UFC 197:

There is a rumor going around that it's being moved to Washington state. There could be a potential double title fight show with Holm defending against Miesha Tate and DJ defending against Cejudo.

• Like 1

Update on UFC 197:

There is a rumor going around that it's being moved to Washington state. There could be a potential double title fight show with Holm defending against Miesha Tate and DJ defending against Cejudo.

I hope the Tate/Holm rumor is true.  It makes sense.  Even if Holm loses, you can still do the rematch if you want.

Update on UFC 197:

Like the Women's Bantamweight Championship fight though I thought the UFC would hold for Holm vs. Rousey II but don't care for the Flyweights.

Still doing the usual End of Year MMA Awards polls?

• Like 1

As far the awards go, I should get to them next week since there aren't any major events in combat sports that I'm aware of.

I think we should add a Women fighter of the year to the end of the year MMA awards.

Right now, it's a bit hard to do a women's fighter of the year award because you don't have enough suitable candidates. Only the champions and maybe one other person would have the caliber of wins. Right now, I'm thinking it would be best to do that next year and change Rookie to Breakout (or Breakthrough) so I can fit Holly and Joanna in. I think that would make more sense.

RIP Howard Davis Jr., who not only won an Olympic gold medal back in one of the toughest eras of amateur boxing but was very helpful in training some of the best MMA fighters. He will be missed.