DVDVR Message Board

2015 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread

Elsalvajeloco

Alexander Gustafsson hurt his back. So your new 6/20 Berlin main event is Jedrezjczyk vs. Penne.

Is that card on Fight pass or FS1? I'm hoping the latter if not then looks like I be getting fight pass around that time.

Alexander Gustafsson hurt his back. So your new 6/20 Berlin main event is Jedrezjczyk vs. Penne.

Is that card on Fight pass or FS1? I'm hoping the latter if not then looks like I be getting fight pass around that time.

Fight Pass. June will be FS1 -> PPV -> Fight Pass -> FS1.

• Like 1

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/5/2/8535969/ufc-cuts-four-fighters-from-its-roster-baczynski-bandel-carrizosa-jones-mma-news

I expect Jones to probably resurface somewhere soon.

Baczynski was a fun fighter and had the coolest sounding hometown (Apache Junction!). But boy, his chin couldn't take damage. He spent so much of his UFC time in a sleeplike state. Too bad he couldn't be one of those win one-lose one guys to stick around.

Lucas Martins is replacing Renato "Moicano" against Mirsad Bektic on the Goiania card.

Brad Pickett vs. Thomas Almeida has been added to the UFC 189 card. That's a real good fight for however long it lasts.

Speaking of people who are or use to be with Chute Boxe, whoever is coming up with these answers for Cris Cyborg should get a standing ovation.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/5/4/8540041/cris-cyborg-responds-to-marina-shafir-s-comments-she-needs-to-start

• Like 1

I guess they couldn't find a fight for Bader. The Hendo vs. Boetsch fight has been moved to the main event.

UFC offered for him to fight Glover Teixeira who he lost to but his camp turned it down per Ariel on UFC tonight.

Bader can always sign with Bellator when his contract is up so we can get a light heavyweight title rematch with Phil Davis :D .

Kind of sucks for Bader, but the herd has been really thinned on light heavyweight as of late.  Bader has fought or beaten most of the other guys in the top 15.  Evans is still injured.  Jones is out until his legal issues get resolved.  Gustafsson is injured again.  Shogun and Nogueira are on Ultimate Fighter, and I think they will probably fight in the summer.

The craziest thing about all of this...Bader could be next in line for a title shot, unless UFC just decides to book the winner of Johnson/Cormier against Gustaffson later this year.

I don't think it is bad for dudes like Bader if they actually knew what their ceiling was. There are some guys in the LHW division that can pad his UFC win-loss record and there some guys that would wipe the floor with him. Yeah, those guys are injured and in other fights except for Teixeira who he turned down. If Manuwa wasn't injured, he can probably beat him. Instead of going on about how I won three straight or whatever, I would be asking for a mid-tier LHW to fight on that New Orleans card. Even if they move your fight down to the co-main, you still get an easy payday and don't risk getting beat the hell up like what would've happened with Cormier.

I think that would be smart for Bader to still try and fight.  However, like I said, the herd is thinning. Like a fight with Manuwa makes a lot of sense, but Manuwa just fought last month and he's dealing with an injury layoff ATM.  Everyone one else in the top 15 like just fought recently or can't fight on that upcoming card against Bader. 

The only other feasible option I can come up with looking at the light heavyweight lineup is Nikita Krylov.  I mean, not a world beater, but he's got a winning UFC record, and he's coming off two wins at light heavyweight.

UFC light heavyweight is sadly going the way of the heavyweight division.  It's really lacking for an infusion of young, up and coming new talent.

She should get an automatic title fight with Joanna Champion.  It probably worked out well for her in the long run, but there was only so far for her to go in WSOF when there was literally no one for her to fight.

She should get an automatic title fight with Joanna Champion.  It probably worked out well for her in the long run, but there was only so far for her to go in WSOF when there was literally no one for her to fight.

I think she will get an established name, but her style may be somewhat of a detriment to getting a title shot. Unless she straight up mashes her first opponent, i think they will use a wait-and-see approach.

• Like 1

She could face the Cookie Monster in her 1st fight in the UFC.

Is that a great idea?  Didn't they already fight and it wasn't that great?  Ended with a split decision for Aguilar.

I guess Carla is fishing for a rematch by accusing JAG of being on the special supplements.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/5/12/8590687/carla-esparza-i-know-for-a-fact-jessica-aguilar-has-used-peds

• Like 1

Spoke with Josh Barnett today, said he will be fighting for the UFC again this year and he has his next fight lined up, TBA soon.

I wonder what the policy is for guys like Barnett just doing grappling competitions. I know he won this weekend over substitute Ryron Gracie, but there is always potential to get injured. Originally, he was suppose to go against "Cyborg" Abreu. I mean Joe Lauzon got ran over this weekend by Dillion Danis so it's definitely a possibility of getting injured. I believe Maia turned down doing the ADCC recently, but I think that was because he wasn't interested.