DVDVR Message Board

2015 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread

Elsalvajeloco

UFC Tonight @UFCTonight 4m

Where's UFC 191 going down? The UFC officially confirms that it will take place at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on September 5th.

UFC Tonight @UFCTonight 5m

Rashad Evans is eyeing a September return and wants to fight #3 Ryan Bader. DC says Rashad wants an 'easy' fight.

According to Frankie Edgar's camp, 'The Answer' will 100% not accept anything besides a title fight after UFC 189.

Rampage Jackson has an injunction hearing on June 12, his UFC future is still up in the air until then.

Lose fight, get title shot. We just saw Gus get starched. What the hell?

I see your point. I thought Gus beat Jon Jones for the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship and should have had an immediate rematch. The danger not booking it straight away was a fighter getting injured, taken out another way (Jones fucking up) or losing a fight between like Gus did. I understand why fighters choose to wait it out for their title shots though there are those who don't and risk it.

It doesn't matter if there is a certain match-up that makes sense anymore.  Now it's about both champion and contender both staying healthy, not failing a drug test and making it to the fight.  Tons of important fights have been falling apart more and more.  Now it's more about timing and who is healthy and ready to fight.

Like they say Rockhold/Weidman gets the match-up, but Weidman has constantly been getting injured before all of his title challenges as of late.  That basically means the chances are very high of Weidman not fighting Rockhold when that bout is initially scheduled.

Khabib Nurmagomedov would have probably fought for the title and become champion already if he wasn't constantly getting injured because he trains with bears.

Bellator cut seven fighters including Sokoudjou, Rafael Silva, and Julio Cesar Neves. Sokoudjou is one I can probably understand because he just is awful sometimes. Rafael Silva is a good fighter for the Bellator level and one of their best bantamweights. Cutting Morceguinho is one I definitely don't understand. So he lost one fight off TV. Who gives a shit? He is twenty one and has insane looking knockouts. He is someone Scott Coker should have a hard on about. Are they going to release Michael Page when he finally loses to someone halfway decent too?

Hopefully, the UFC can pick Silva and/or Neves up for UFC 190 or another Brazilian event.

Luke Barnatt also got cut from the UFC.  I get it, he was 0-3 and he got utterly dominated by Mark Munoz in his last fight.  I still think he could've been kept around because he's a fun fighter and he came off like a good company spokesperson.  Barnatt definitely needs to probably consider leaving Alliance MMA and find a better camp that will improve his overall game.  His move to Alliance didn't really help him at all.

The Invicta show being headlined by Cyborg during IFW has been moved from Friday (7/10) to Thursday (7/9). Opponent is still TBA, but the venue for the show will be the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas hotel. That's a giant upgrade over the KC Memorial Hall.

On the same card, UFC newcomer Steven Kennedy is replacing Sergio Moraes against Peter Sobotta.

Out of the seven fights made for Serginho since he fought at UFC 163: Aldo vs. Korean Zombie (Aug 2013), only one of those fights has happened. He is definitely up there as far as the most cursed fighters in UFC history.