DVDVR Message Board

The "Bill Cosby is a monster" thread.

Reed

Why even bring that up? How does it compare to rape?

I'm not sure of the point here.

Dave Chapelle could have thrown 100 fits backstage and it still wouldn't have come close to what Cosby did.

Not at all.  It's offensive.

I am not comparing anything to rape. I am just not going to show any disappointment or outrage about Bill Cosby because you have to have expectations in someone to be disappointed with. He could have a shot a bunch of infants or curbstomped a group of orphaned puppies. Would have got the same reaction out of me. He was a shit human being BEFORE this whirlwind of allegations. I don't look at people as role models at that level. Small issue or the biggest issues.

Matter of fact, Bob Barker was making women on his show suck his dick anytime he wanted them to against their will and brought out several different lawsuits. People made jokes about this (see Paul Mooney on his 1994 special). People knew about this and continued hosting his show for several more years. Even had one of the highest rated Raws of all time for a host.

The level of not giving a fuck about this only matches mine. Why? Because I don't give a shit about Bob Barker. So there is nothing to be disappointing for me about Bob Barker. He is a dude that hosted a silly game show on TV.

I ain't seen one "Bob Barker is a monster" thread.

So does Hannibal Buress have to say it for you to accept it as truth or are you too busy being overly emotional about something else?

• Like 1

Matter of fact, Bob Barker was making women on his show suck his dick anytime he wanted them to against their will 

This is honestly news to me.

Fuck you, Bob Barker! I will never again laugh at that Raw you guest hosted! You are evil!  

So does Hannibal Buress have to say it for you to accept it as truth or are you too busy being overly emotional about something else?

Bro,I kind of figured Cosby was a rapist when 20 women claimed it. Before Hannibal so.

Just saying.

I was gonna start that thread but then I realized I wanted a topic about how great-looking Speed Racer is even though it's kind of a shit movie but is still very trippy.  

The thread exists. Scroll down.

Matter of fact, Bob Barker was making women on his show suck his dick anytime he wanted them to against their will 

This is honestly news to me.

Fuck you, Bob Barker! I will never again laugh at that Raw you guest hosted! You are evil!  

Bro,I kind of figured Cosby was a rapist when 20 women claimed it. Before Hannibal so.

Just saying.

50cent_headshake.gif

Every guy you can think of is going to have their issues in some way or another. Maybe not now, but you better believe something is going to pop up

They're going to be revealed to be the biggest serial rapists in American history?.

Seems like a bit of a stretch, 

You've had one of the most epic collapses I've seen in a forum thread since I don't know when.

I do not think you are well.

I mean, this whole thing is deeply, deeply shitty, But, yeah, rich celebs abuse power and are bad people.  

What's new?

Matter of fact, Bob Barker was making women on his show suck his dick anytime he wanted them to against their will and brought out several different lawsuits. People made jokes about this (see Paul Mooney on his 1994 special). People knew about this and continued hosting his show for several more years. Even had one of the highest rated Raws of all time for a host.

The level of not giving a fuck about this only matches mine. Why? Because I don't give a shit about Bob Barker. So there is nothing to be disappointing for me about Bob Barker. He is a dude that hosted a silly game show on TV.

Personally, I now want to delve into the darkside of Bob Barker.

Oh, sure, He acted like a harmless old octogenarian who liked animals and flowers. But he always struck me as the spawn of Satan sent to wreak destruction on earth. . 

We need to hear more about Bob aka Damian aka SPAWN OF LUCIFER.

Reed, just because we're not condemning him as vociferously as you, doesn't mean we aren't repulsed by all this.  Lighten up homey.

Sure. I was never expecting anyone to go  crazy~!

Only perhaps the women involved. And even they've been calm and collected and booked Anderson Cooper appearances.

So, what's the story?

He's a terrible person.He probably should be convicted but won't be.

Why is anyone getting mad? 

Reed, just because we're not condemning him as vociferously as you, doesn't mean we aren't repulsed by all this.  Lighten up homey.

Hopefully, he will get it eventually.

Hopefully

How sad. Like, I wish I could come up with something witty to say about all of this, but honestly, how, sad.  How do you let yourself get into that state?

I would listen to some Sarah McLachlan music right now but I have a border collie and I don't want him to feel he has to kill himself.  He's temperamental enough as it is. 

• Like 3

An interesting thread to be sure. I might be the only one on the board old enough to remember I Spy, the show where Cosby first got on the national stage. This was the mid-sixties and people loved him. Then came the comedy albums, where unlike many of his contemporaries Coz never worked blue. America bought the image he was selling hook, line, and sinker. These allegations were talked about years ago, and it's to the shame of the news media and all so-called investigative journalists that no one had the balls to go after the story. Cosby got the same sort of pass that Jimmy Saville did, no one wanted to say anything bad about an American icon. I've never much liked Coz because I thought he was either (a.) an out of touch rich bastard with delusions of his own importance or (b.) pretty much a phony son-of-a-bitch. Sure, we all have different experiences, but the stories Coz told of his growing up just never rang true to me. That delusional twits like Whoopi Goldberg are still defending him is hardly a surprise. There are lots of people heavily invested in living vicariously through various celebrities, there are still people that think OJ was a nice guy despite all the evidence to the contrary. The best that we can hope for is that civil suits bankrupt the piece of shit, because I seriously doubt that criminal charges will ever be brought against him.  

• Like 1

Quick aside: I was watching an old In Living Color episode and saw a skit pretty much dissing Whoopi. Then you realize, like yeah....her name is Caryn Johnson and she decided to have the name of a Jewish Florida retiree. I get it though with the stage names. I mean there is a group called Rich White Ladies and it's two scantily clad black girls from the Bronx. I understand irony. I'm hip.

However, there has to be a sense of context in which you speak. Whoopi has had her own battles over how many years she has been a mainstream name. I get that she has a show and they want her take, but you know the heat that might come down. Plus, there is always time to come back and revisit certain discussions. When there is something substantial that actually leans towards the allegiations being false, then you take your swing. Right now, it's a losing cause in all aspects. Just like Cosby, she is not going to get this support from the black community to endorse her viewpoints. On other issues? Yes, if it's something that is undeniable. She has to realize she is on the outside as well and been there for awhile. I get there is a sense of camaraderie and code amongst comedians especially since no one really exposed Cosby during his height. Hell, there are some issues I've even agreed with Whoopi on in the past. However, she has to realize that there may be more qualified and adept people to speak on this situation. She just ain't the one.

Speaking of rich and out-of-touch delusional bastards, while I'm certainly not adamant about beating the Cosby horse, I am waiting for the day Steve Harvey gets his day at the guillotine. I don't think he is a rapist or anything, but he is basically a Cosby incarnate who had the nerve to write relationship books when he has been married 30 times. In addition, he has treated so many people like shit who are in the industry and those who aren't. However, since he is a darling among white soccer moms and TV execs, he gets a pass to act however he wants. That fall from grace? Yeah, sign me the fuck up. He doesn't have that safety net of relationships that Cosby had with comedians. So it's a case of when and not if.

• Like 1

...and in more horrible news (albeit some that isn't very surprising), Kim Fowley of rock-manager-huckster infamy has finally been outed by Jackie Fox of the Runaways of being a rapist, 30 plus years later and after his demise. If anything, the Cosby situation influenced her to open up and hopefully will open up others to be honest about their own plights. http://highline.huffingtonpost.com/articles/en/the-lost-girls/

• Like 1

I think Reed got unfairly piled-upon here. I agree with him, the accusations against Cosby sound worse than just about anybody else mentioned in this thread. At least in terms of sheer quantity, he's had lots more victims coming forward than the others.

...and in more horrible news (albeit some that isn't very surprising), Kim Fowley of rock-manager-huckster infamy has finally been outed by Jackie Fox of the Runaways of being a rapist, 30 plus years later and after his demise. If anything, the Cosby situation influenced her to open up and hopefully will open up others to be honest about their own plights. http://highline.huffingtonpost.com/articles/en/the-lost-girls/

Well fuck, that is going to make listening to Little Steven's Underground Garage somewhat less enjoyable.