DVDVR Message Board

Lucha Underground Discussion

Robert

If they making arrangements for the building, most likely they got everything done. Talent was probably told to keep quiet. I wouldn't be surprise if Ricochet made the Japan dates because he found out when LU taping.

There was a post citing an anonymous email on the WON board.

We got this sent to the news tips email. Note, I'm not the one sending the news.

"I work at a beer distributor thats directly in front of the building where they tape lucha underground. This week they came to get some agreements signed since the owner of my company owns all the property in that area. I think thats a pretty good sign theyre gonna start taping soon. If you need proof i can take pics of the building. Its really tagged up as its not exactly the nicest area to be in at night.
" 

That building on the other side of the road did seem like a distributor of something, and all the other buildings around the area could be owned by other people (there were signs offering them to rent out for production) - but the LU building has been used by a lot of productions, "some agreements" could just be keeping a hold on the building in case a last minute deal does happen, and this story is awfully flimsy. This didn't seem strong enough to even write about for me. 

I may be overly optimistic, but that e-mail has a ring of truth to it. Liars generally inflate their importance beyond something like "I work for a beer distributor". If the guy had said he was the manager or named any title at all the red flag would go up for me, as it is, it sounds quite believable, it doesn't necessarily mean that there's a done deal, but with that and the trademarking activity, it sounds more positive than not. Still, I wish someone would make a formal announcement. If there's no second season I will be even more pissed off than I was when they cancelled Harry's Law.

If they announce a second season, then people will ask for a date next and the questions will never stop. Since they're dealing with tv people, season 2 could start next year.

Until reports say negotiations have stop, I wouldn't worry that much.

Right thread!

Catching up on last week's episode before watching this week's with a bud... Melissa Santos, as if I needed another reason to dig her, starts yelling at Big Ryck when he's two feet away. She is so good.

Marty the Moth is winning me over with his body language. Such a creep.

I CAN'T EVEN COMMENT ON THIS WEEK'S EPISODE BECAUSE I AM STILL TOO BUSY MARKING OUT. I'M TOO EXCITED TO TYPE THOUGHTS. JUST WORDS. RANDOM WORDS. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AERO STAR

Okay I am DEFINITELY writing this up, just based on Robert marking out. 

Lucha Underground Report 7/8/15

PENTAGON! Ian Hodgkinson? WTF? I am baffled. I dig the seductively pitchshifted Satan voice of el Maestro however. 

The Mack vs. Cage: Well this is gonna kick ass! They impressed against each other in that four-way and we get them alone now. Starts off a million miles an hour. Cage matches the running brainbuster with the vertical brainbuster. Shit what a slap from Rodney, great chops too. This is just bombs and more bombs, the overhead release suplex in the corner is fucking nasty. I hope they keep this short for its/their own benefit. Vamp reacting to the fan chant: "Of course it's awesome!" Mack wins a rollup and that was like a good shot of cold Rumple Minze, strong as fuck but sweet enough to leave you wanting more. 

Short funny segment with Catrina getting tazed or something, I was writing (this is still realtime fuckers), but the Ivelisse team has such a great, fun screen presence and personal chemistry that you can't help but love 'em. 

Okay now I'm guessing Ian is Vampiro? Not looking it up. Interview where Vamp asks him who the master is to no response. Pentagon punks the fuck out of him verbally after Vamp pushes him on his behavior and Vamp is steaming. Heh heh heh... 

Mil Muertes vs. Son of Havoc: Ivelisse is still on the crutches. God Havoc is gonna get slaughtered. Mil treats the goofy rope-bounce elbow like it deserves but is selling pretty well, until he tosses him flat over the top by the throat. Straight into the chairs and a-rolling he goes is Havoc like he's in a grimy Japan indie death match fed. Mil's fist to the face might be better than the table powerbomb or the chair to the face. Havoc makes a comeback with his flippery but eats it on the SSP. And then we get the Disciples beating up Angelico and Catrina choking Ivelisse before a huge Sasuke Special from Havoc until the inevitable demise via Flatliner. Oh, lucky lucky Son of Havoc, I might just miss that SSP off the top for that lick... no, fuck that, I wouldn't in a million years. Maybe a guy that can do Olympic-level athletics like him could make that kiss the boo-boo but not my sorry ass.

Texano Jr.'s in the ring and sounds like he says he likes "raping their asses"? I'm sure I heard that wrong but Trump would say "hey, there you go! I told you!" Oh boy we got the Crew and Demon Jr. They pass him a chair for the inevitable heel turn. Well at least it'll be nice seeing Blue as a real heel. Texano bleeds. Has Blue ever been an actual rudo in Mexico? Is he any better in that form? For that matter, has el hijo del Texano been a face? Questions, questions. This gives them and Chavito and the Crew something to do on the big show that won't interfere with anything better, at least. 

Atomicos Match -- Team Alberto (Alberto El Patron/Sexy Star/Drago/Aero Star) vs. Team Mundo (Johnny Mundo/Jack Evans/Super Fly/Hernandez): I've never seen an Atomicos before which I guess is an 8-man with rudos vs. technicos. Awesome! 

Interesting that they didn't put in all people with different beefs, Jack and Aero are just random dudes. And very quickly we get with the spot train. At least there were five guys there to catch Sexy. Alberto chases chickenshit Johnny up the stairs. Hernandez' casual Ligerbomb is pretty funny. Damn Mundo is so much better and stiffer as a heel. Shit, he even won with holding the thong on Sexy! Well that wasn't close to the other multi-person matches. 

And then we get the best thing ever, which is Pentagon kicking Vamp in the back of the head, hitting him with a chair, covering him with kerosene, and threatening to set him on fire if he doesn't accept the challenge for Ultima Lucha. If Vamp doesn't get set on fire in SOME way now, I'm gonna be pissed. You set the bar too high, LU. You set it too high, and tromataker hyped it too much. I want a full-on Shadow WX motherfuckers! (still, this ruled)

WHEW I'm spent.

Top 3 episode of Lucha Underground and everything worked. 3 good-to-great matches and a classic angle. And Catrina's ever so rude titties. This show :).

I legitimately marked out for both Mack(~!) and Pentagon.

I thought it was a top 3 episode until I did a little research reminder. Lucha Underground had 10 episodes so far I consider to be great including last night.

I actually believe Ultima Lucha is and will be a historic Lucha Libre show. Hopefully Muertes vs. Puma delivers.

Rudo Demon could be fun.

Yes I'm pretty sure Texano said he likes to rape asses. It's what me and my friends keep quoting, anyway.

Demon was a rudo in Mexico years ago. Still sucked.

PS I only set bars high when they deliver

I SAID it was going to get better with Pentagon Jr and people kept doubting me

Who are you to doubt Relampago Blanco?

I SAID it was going to get better with Pentagon Jr and people kept doubting me

Who are you to doubt Relampago Blanco?

Better than what - jobbing clean to the worst and least-credible wrestler on the roster?  

I thought it looked cool and all, but then you give it a second thought - wait a sec, he doused Hampiro with gasoline, lit a Zippo, and said the fat retired wrestler had until NEXT WEEK to accept the match?  Or else what, he'll come back out and dose him with gasoline again?

Still a good episode though, Ultima Lucha looks like it will be a great card.  Now just get Season 2 confirmed fer crissakes.

He literally said that if he doesn't accept he's going to douse him with gasoline again and set him on fire.  Please pay attention.

If he doesn't accept, he dies.

If he accepts, he dies.

If he dies, he dies.

• Like 1

Hey, the build to Vampiro vs Pentagon Jr has been tremendous. But in the end I think this will be just like Lost. Superb build-up to a finish that falls off a cliff and satisfies nobody making the journey useless in hindsight.

I feel like it totally makes sense but I'm going to have to explain it to a lot of people.

Part of the going to tapings is having to fill in all of the segments that aren't in front of the crowd in your head.

The ones they've been airing are so close to what was inside my head as having to be done that it's kind of scary.

But I had Pentagon and the Master meeting in a spooky cave instead