DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase III Discussion

RIPPA

There's six stones in total. The breakdown is thus:

-Red Skull's Tesseract is currently locked up in Asgard

-the gem from Loki's brainwashing-spear is held by Vision

-the "aether" from Thor 2 is also locked in in Asgard

-Ronan's Orb is being held by the space-cops from Guardians of the Galaxy

And the other two haven't been introduced yet.

Wait, shit, you're right, they gave it to that shady jerk for barely-explained reasons. It was never mentioned in Guardians when we were right there in his house... weird... they didn't even say if it was still there after the big explosion.

I forgot about that Thanos scene.  I'm guessing shit really hits the fan in Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Feige says no:

Marvel Studios head, Kevin Feige, advised, "I wouldn't look too hard in [Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2] for Thanos." We were going to, seeing as Thanos made his first non-post-credits scene appearance in the first Guardians.

Sure, we'll have to wait, but it sounds like it will be worth it. Fans have criticized Thanos for sitting around in his floating throne somewhere in the galaxy without doing anything himself, but Feige says that won't be the case next time. Remember, he grabbed himself an Infinity Gauntlet by the timeAvengers: Age of Ultron's credits were through. "The next time we see Thanos he will not be messing around. It will be, 'Oh, that's why they've been teasing this villain for five years,'" Feige explained while speaking to Empire magazine.

Interesting. If not Guardians, then when. Maybe the next Thor. I can't see Thanos showing up in Civil War or Spider-Man.

I guess most of Infinity War Part 1 will be Thanos coming to town, wrecking shop and destroying half of the MCU.  I'm not expecting Thanos will be the villain in Ragnarok.  Doctor Strange is supposed to feature the Time Gem.  So one of those movies will need to feature the Soul Gem.

I am expecting Thanos to drop some bodies in Infinity Part One. It might end on a sour note. Give people a year to figure out how the FUCK are they coming back from this??

I think that's what bums me out the most about Age of Ultron.  They pretty much wasted him as a villain and it just didn't come together at all. It felt like a lot of filler. I also didn't need to see an "Avengers must save the entire universe" type movie again, I wish they would have done something different with it.

I like that movies like Black Panther and Strange and Spider-Man will probably be more grounded and smaller in scale. That's a big reason Winter Soldier is so great.

Back to Infinity..   I cannot wait to see the Avengers interact with the Guardians of the Galaxy and everything. It's gonna be huge.

• Like 1

I mean, at some point, Thanos has to get those gems to fill the gauntlet.  One of those is in Vision's head so...he's not going to be gentle.  One is in Nova Corp HQ.  I doubt he's going to get a visitor's pass.  One is in Odin's vault, which is currently headed up by Loki.  One imagines Loki would be like, "here's the Tesseract, we cool?"  Thanos then turns him into a living corpse anyway.  One's with the Collector, I mean what kind of fight would Collector put up against Thanos anyway?

I mean realistically, heroes should die so Thanos fills the gauntlet to crack the universe in half.  What can Vision do to defend himself against Thanos? 

• Like 1

The next Thor movie will hardly be on Earth at all, mainly in the cosmos, so I think that's when we'll see Thanos again. And either Thor or Hulk is gonna die, the first Avenger to perish at his hands. This'll leave the Avengers pretty broken, I think, especially if you believe the rumors about the end of Civil War.

The next Thor movie will hardly be on Earth at all, mainly in the cosmos, so I think that's when we'll see Thanos again. And either Thor or Hulk is gonna die, the first Avenger to perish at his hands. This'll leave the Avengers pretty broken, I think, especially if you believe the rumors about the end of Civil War.

I'm just doubting Thanos is going to be a major/villain problem in Ragnarok.  It will probably be someone like Surtur or Hela.

He'll probably be a background villain. But I think he'll definitely be in Ragnarok, especially since he needs that other Infinity Gauntlet, and it's in Asgard. And Odin isn't really Odin, and Loki is under Thanos' command...

Actually, maybe Loki dies instead.

He'll probably be a background villain. But I think he'll definitely be in Ragnarok, especially since he needs that other Infinity Gauntlet, and it's in Asgard. And Odin isn't really Odin, and Loki is under Thanos' command...

Actually, maybe Loki dies instead.

Why does he need another Infinity Gauntlet if he has one of his own?  

Because who wants to wear just one Gauntlet, dude??? Like the Mad Titan would only wear JUST one, he needs the entire set. :P

And the Space Stone is in Asgard, so... he'll still go there, regardless.

I just want to know what the track listing is going to be for Awesome Mix  Vol. 2.

So far, we know that I Want You Back by The Jackson 5 and Ain't No Mountain High Enough by Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell are on Vol. 2 despite being included on the Vol. 1 soundtrack sold in stores and online.

Cherry Bomb may be my all time favorite song from any soundtrack ever. Just thinking about that makes me want to play Guardians of the Galaxy right now. It's going to be hard to top that for me. I had no idea that was on the soundtrack and then it plays at about the most awesome moment.

God damn Guardians of the Galaxy was awesome.

Thinking about Vol. 2, perhaps James Brown (Sex Machine, Get Up Off of That Thing or Papa's Got a Brand New Bag), Abba, or REO Speedwagon?

Basically, I just want to hear "Time for Me to Fly" as the Milano flies off somewhere.