DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2014-15 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Thought the Bulls were going to win this game when the Lakers didn't score for about 10 possessions late in the 4th and in the first OT. Lakers just dominated that 2nd OT. Jordan Hill played a pretty great game.

I'm liking what I've seen from the rookie Jordan Clarkson. Made some mistakes, but he plays pretty hard.

At times it looked like the Bulls settled for some bad shots. Rose and Butler took some bad threes late in the game.

Damn you Bulls. Couldn't win the game before OT.

Lakers were practically handing the Bulls the game late with that lineup. Shit, Robert Sacre was taking jump shots.

I literally do not have a logical explanation how LA won that game.  The last 90 seconds of regulation was like watching someone play 2K15 on two player with nobody else playing 2P.

Somehow LA as shitty as they are have knocked off the Warriors, Hawks, Rockets, and Bulls.  Yes, I am grasping at straws for any positive.

The Lakers winning strategy seems to be hoping that the opposing team just thought "Pffft, it's the Lakers, hit the town tonight."

This Bulls team is the weirdest team I've ever seen.  They play down to competition like it's their job.  Rose sets that shitty tone by always showing up aggressive in the big games, but settling for jump shots against the bad teams.  For some reason everyone else follows suit. Lost to the Lakers, Jazz, Nets etc etc...

And after we inevitably beat the Suns tonight, we will have beaten every West playoff team.  It's just crazy

Edit: I will point out that Rose just can't buy a foul call.  Do any other star players get this much disrespect from the refs? Melo is the only other guy that comes to mind.  Rose is driving to the lane at a decent clip, but Jimmy shot as many free throws in the 3rd quarter last night as Rose has in the last 5 games.  

Bulls need to bring in Ziggler to teach him how to embellish the contact or something.  It's sort of absurd at this point. 

Why are you so convinced it won't happen? On paper it's the safe money here right now.

I think the only reason to not go all in, is because either team will likely have to have a grind out 7 game series with a Chicago, Memphis, San Antonio, etc to get to the finals.

• Like 1

Why are you so convinced it won't happen? On paper it's the safe money here right now.

Mostly because I don't trust Golden State.  They are an amazing team but they'd have to go through the Suns, Clippers, and the Grizzlies if the standings held just to get to the finals.  I hate to play what if, but say Dallas slides down to the 8, (currently 7th) or OKC rises to eight (currently 10th), and Houston (5th) wins their series?  That's a crazy stretch to have to go through.

But clearly the simple answer is fate simply doesn't want to see me happy.

I understand the Lillard snub, because you have to have enough frontcourt players, but Durant and Duncan over Boogie?  Did the fans sneak a vote in?

That's fucking awful.  I feel sorry for Mozgov tonight.

Scratch that. He made it!

Boogie in for Kobe.

That's fucked up. You can't tell me Kobe can't shoot with his other arm and maybe feet and still go 3-for-33 in an ASG. :)

He can barely do that with two arms these days.

He doesn't need arms. There's a bunch of PGs on that west team that can bounce the ball off his chest and make the shots.

Top to bottom, I can't remember a team as stacked as Golden State.

Curry's the MVP this season. What he does is just insane. Nobody shoots off-the-dribble like him or ever has. He has to be guarded anywhere within half court. And he's got an insane handle and Nash-like vision. His one problem is finishing at the rim but he's still fine in that department. And he's become a good defensive player who knows how to use his quick hands.

Klay's obviously great, too. He's an awesome two-way player. He can also finish and obviously shoot the hell out of the ball.

Draymond Green is maybe the best defensive player in basketball this year. Also, he knows how to pass and finish and can sink open looks.

Barnes is incredible off-the-ball with his sneaky cuts and can also shoot and defend.

Bogut's a great rim protector and also the best big man passer in the game. They run a lot of the offense through him with their ball screens and UCLA-type sets. I mean, he even brings the ball up the court a few times a game.

David Lee's a friggin' 20-10 guy they're bringing in off the bench. Iguodala's one of the most versatile players of the era -- he defends, he passes, he initiates the offense. His offense is shaky but he's capable of getting super hot. Speights is maybe the best sixth man this year and can fill it. Livingston's a great backup PG. Holiday's a great energy guy. And Barbosa and Ezeli as the end of the bench guys is sick.

I mean, that team is absolutely stacked 1-13. They only roster I can really remember being built like this are the 80s Celtics/Lakers/Pistons when you just had nasty dudes throughout the entire roster. (Like the '86 Celts having Bill Walton.) 

I like them better than the recent Spurs. I mean, I love that roster and how it all fits together. But GSW's roster fits like that but has a better bench.

The Warriors really don't have to fear anyone in the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised if they lost  -- it's the friggin' West.  But that team is just so, so, so good.

• Like 1

My thinking is that -- given his history -- Bogut probably won't be healthy for all of the playoffs. If he's hurt and misses a series, then the Warriors become very vulnerable. People don't talk enough about how important Bogut is to the way they want to play, and not just defensively. He allows them to play inside-out on offense and he's also a great passer. I just don't trust him to stay healthy, so I don't know if I can go all in on their chances to win it all even if they are my favorite team to watch this season.

My thinking is that -- given his history -- Bogut probably won't be healthy for all of the playoffs. If he's hurt and misses a series, then the Warriors become very vulnerable. People don't talk enough about how important Bogut is to the way they want to play, and not just defensively. He allows them to play inside-out on offense and he's also a great passer. I just don't trust him to stay healthy, so I don't know if I can go all in on their chances to win it all even if they are my favorite team to watch this season.

They were pretty great without him. With him, they're nearly unbeatable. Without him, they're still really friggin' good.

Kerr is a really good coach. Mark Jackson was absolutely awful on the offensive side. It's absurd how much better the Dubs are this year by incorporating something called "movement away from the ball" into their strategy.

Also, Atlanta just has a bunch of really underrated guys who should have gotten more publicity a while ago. Paul Milsap's been really good since his career started. The same with Horford.