DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I was reading an interview that Jericho did recently and it really stands out how big of a douche Punk is.

(From Jericho's interview with Alvarez)

"We used to talk quite often and not really about wrestling stuff. ... We always had great chemistry and he's one of my favorite guys to work with. And then when he left the WWE he never talked to me again. I never heard one peep or squeak or anything from him again. I reached out to him a couple times just about, you know, 'hey, I'm watching The Clash from '78' or whatever and nothing. That's his decision, and it's kind of a drag. I understand professionally not wanting to be open but kind of leaving your friends behind?"

It seems that Punk is handling this whole thing in the worst way imaginable.

I heard that podcast this morning and thought the same thing. Between his brief appearance on Cabana's most recent podcast and hearing about him being a dick to a fan who recently asked for an autograph at a Blackhawks game, he really does come off like a miserable, joyless asshole.

I would imagine yelling at people is what gives him joy.

Lesser of two evils?

Thought they made the point that, regardless of how good a company man John Cena is, The Authority can't fully control him and that's what they desire.

This.

WWE is weird. Some things they'll beat you over the head with, but an important aspect of the story like this is almost ignored. It's craziness.

http://www.wwe.com/classics/wherearetheynow/where-are-they-now-maria-26746966

Maria Kenellis (Bennett?) has received a WWE Talent Scholarship to help her finish up her degree in sports, event and entertainment management. Mike Bennett gets a mention and a photo too; probably stiil a matter of time before he's doing the HHHandshake,

Lesser of two evils?

Thought they made the point that, regardless of how good a company man John Cena is, The Authority can't fully control him and that's what they desire.

This.

WWE is weird. Some things they'll beat you over the head with, but an important aspect of the story like this is almost ignored. It's craziness.

I'm sorry but that makes no sense to me.

"Goddammit! John Cena has gone off the rails again! He's at a charity food drive sponsored by Campbells and not Chef Boyardee! Call in the Beast!"

If that really is the aspect they want to play up then they need to have Cena step in and go against the Authority and defend talent their burying.

And if what Craig said is relevant, that we all need to shut up and trust our management, then the Authority are the real babyfaces anyway. The whole angle makes no fuckin sense and is just heels being heels for no reason other then to be a heel.

http://www.wwe.com/classics/wherearetheynow/where-are-they-now-maria-26746966

Maria Kenellis (Bennett?) has received a WWE Talennt Scholarship to help her finish up her degree in sports, event and entertainment management. Mike Bennett gets a mention and a photo too; probably stiil a matter of time before he's doing the HHHandshake,

I expected Bennett to get signed years ago. I'm shocked it hasn't happened yet (and it's probably because of some of the girls have bad blood with Maria).

Poor Maria, she's probably one of the most blatant examples of not being on the roster due to backstage politics. She seems like she really loves pro wrestling. At least I hope so, otherwise her trying to hang on to what little hope she has left of making it back on the roster by going to ROH is pretty sad.

I was reading an interview that Jericho did recently and it really stands out how big of a douche Punk is. 

(From Jericho's interview with Alvarez)

"We used to talk quite often and not really about wrestling stuff. ... We always had great chemistry and he's one of my favorite guys to work with. And then when he left the WWE he never talked to me again. I never heard one peep or squeak or anything from him again. I reached out to him a couple times just about, you know, 'hey, I'm watching The Clash from '78' or whatever and nothing. That's his decision, and it's kind of a drag. I understand professionally not wanting to be open but kind of leaving your friends behind?"

It seems that Punk is handling this whole thing in the worst way imaginable. 

I have no concept of airing one's private dealings with a friend/ex-friend in public. Maybe the fact that Jericho would do this is part of the reason why he's getting the high-hat. Have some dignity and a sense of privacy and decorum, you crazy Canuck. I guess that's the way of the world now.

old,

RAF

• Like 2

the Aliens will morph kinda like in T2. That way, they can get Robert Patrick in as the villain.

Mark Henry will play Keith David's role.

If there had to be a rassler in the KD role, I would prefer one of the Usos, Regal, R Truth or even SRollins. I think it should be a non-worker, tho'. I gotta ponder on it.

- RAF

Jericho seems like the douche bag these days, not Punk. He didn't want to sign an autograph, you say? I don't think he has to. He's not talking to his "friends" in the business? I think that's his prerogative to do so if he wants. Greg hit it right on the money:

Haven't any of you left a job that burned you out? The last thing I ever wanted to do at those places was keep in touch with anyone, even people who were friends beyond the confines of an office.

And I say Jericho is a douche bag these days because I got that feeling while listening to him on the Cheap Heat podcast. He's so fucking jaded and just doesn't really care about much anymore. He's CM Punk, but sticking with WWE because he can do whatever he wants, say what he wants, and come back when he wants. He has tenure, Punk doesn't. Plus, Jericho more or less walked out of the podcast like 30 minutes into it, and didn't do much of anything besides plug his book.

Poor Maria, she's probably one of the most blatant examples of not being on the roster due to backstage politics. She seems like she really loves pro wrestling. At least I hope so, otherwise her trying to hang on to what little hope she has left of making it back on the roster by going to ROH is pretty sad.

You publicly talk shit about higher ups at a job you got fired at and the guy hiring people finds out..

It's petty as hell, but the divas she *coughs* talks about are the stars of a show no one gave a chance to succeed and now the show is doing borderline Smackdown numbers.

What Punk probably does all day

Watch tv

play video games

read comics

go to baseball/hockey games

have sex with AJ

Sounds like the ideal life for a typical wrestling message board reader. :)

Forget the first four, I'd be too busy with the fifth.

Ok I just made this awkward, so changing subject.

Regarding the HHH/Cena thing. The writers have not projected this well, but HHH's blind hatred for Cena is taking over running the business the way it should. We all have at least that one person that we all can't stand. Whether their behavior just annoys the piss out of you, or they don't work within your standards, or whatever your own personal reasons are. Triple H just needs to rise above the hate.

Watch tv

play video games

read comics

have sex with AJ

Ok I just made this awkward, so changing subject.

Regarding the HHH/Cena thing. The writers have not projected this well, but HHH's blind hatred for Cena is taking over running the business the way it should. We all have at least that one person that we all can't stand. Whether their behavior just annoys the piss out of you, or they don't work within your standards, or whatever your own personal reasons are. Triple H just needs to rise above the hate.

Your right that they haven't explained that at all. So does Triple H just want a heel world champion? But then we go back to what Craig said, that in the end your corporate upline knows what's best so should we expect a video of Cena stealing some disabled kids medication? It just makes absolutely no sense!

The more we dissect it the more I officially think this is one of the worst storylines since the closing of WCW.

Watch tv

play video games

read comics

have sex with AJ

Well, you're a Jags fan, so I guess we can't question your staying power.

• Like 1

Watch tv

play video games

read comics

have sex with AJ

Well, you're a Jags fan, so I guess we can't question your staying power.

Yeah, unlike the Jaguars, at least if I got into the same bed with AJ, I know how to score.

Okay, I really got to stop.

Your right that they haven't explained that at all. So does Triple H just want a heel world champion? But then we go back to what Craig said, that in the end your corporate upline knows what's best so should we expect a video of Cena stealing some disabled kids medication? It just makes absolutely no sense!

The more we dissect it the more I officially think this is one of the worst storylines since the closing of WCW.

I can't speak for him but I thought Craig was making a point that the corporate higher ups say they "know whats best for business" simply because they are the higher ups and they may be wrong but they won't change their ideas because those below them want or think they should.

So the Authority are just overinflated corporate egos who stubbornly cling to what they think is right or what they want. Orton, Rollins, Kane. suck ups and people they have some level of trust possibly due to longevity (why else would Kane be trusted the guy is a psychopath)

I can't speak for him but I thought Craig was making a point that the corporate higher ups say they "know whats best for business" simply because they are the higher ups and they may be wrong but they won't change their ideas because those below them want or think they should.

So the Authority are just overinflated corporate egos who stubbornly cling to what they think is right or what they want. Orton, Rollins, Kane. suck ups and people they have some level of trust possibly due to longevity (why else would Kane be trusted the guy is a psychopath)

Then they need to explain this. I know we're supposed to not think about it bit like 2 months ago me and a friends were watching Smackdown, kind of complaining about Cena, theb that wounded veteran ad cane on and we were both like "so that's why you need Cena". You can't do it but if we're supposed to buy that they think Orton is the face of the company or Lesnar have them do the ads. There's a massive disconnect between "real" and "story" and it hurts the entire storyline.

If they just ditched the evil owner thing all problems would be solved.

Tho not being ashamed to be a Jags fan does say a lot.

I still get creeped out when people talk about anything sexual regarding AJ. 13 year old boys aren't my thing.

Women are fucking mean to each other.

So that explains why of the top creative people (a woman) treats the women on the main roster like they are worthless.

Well, most of the roster gets short segments and next to no shot at getting over, but there's potential to grow their audience with the divas.

Re: Punk, actually now that I think about it for a sec, I'm sure that part of what he's using this free time for is to try and figure out how to alter his IP address to get around his banning from DVDVR as FSW. 

Re: Bayley, I have a lot of dumb ideas, so this may well be one of them, but I am convinced they can make some good money with her on the main roster if they just run her as the really nice, slightly naive girl who gets bullied by the mean girls of the locker. Maybe Nikki Bella and Charlotte form a clique that tortures her, and then they have a hair-vs-hair match that Bayley loses through hijinks. The rage of crying pre-teen girls in the crowd that would occur when Charlotte and Nikki forcibly hold Bayley down and shave her head would create a giant vortex of anger in the arena. Plus, Paige could go back to being the Anti-Diva again and take Bayley under her wing and help her regain her confidence and vanquish her enemies. 

I'm pretty sure this angle would be a massive success, but I'm probably wrong. 

• Like 1

I think that angle would work pretty well IF the WWE gave it the proper time to develop both overall duration and the length of segments and I do not feel like they are currently capable of doing so. It drives me crazy they have all this time to fill and all these people on the roster who are barely used could we get some more storylines for undercard guys please? Who knows something crazy might happen and they might actually get over.