DVDVR Message Board

2014 WORLD CUP THREAD

RIPPA

Man you are far too nervous.

You are Germany. Semi finals easy

Haha, I wish I could have that confidence, but yesterday´s game and the first ten minutes of the Portugal game showed all the weaknesses I feared we would and hoped we didn´t have. In a normal match, we should beat the US, but imagine them getting a good result against Portugal, that would certainly give them another boost and they will play for their lives v Germany. I really hope it is true what was said in 2006, that it was Loew behind everything Klinsmann did and Klinsmann was more of a visionary and conceptualist while Loew was the actual coach and tactician. I know it was mostly reserves playing and a friendly aswell, but I all too vividly remember Germany losing to the US 3-4 after being down 1-4 last year.

Algeria looked really disciplined against both, Belgium and Korea and especially against Korea they were deadly on the counter. I think Korea was really subpar when it came to defending, so that might helped. Performance-wise and compared to Algeria, Belgium looked like they´d be an easier and more predictable match up, but they won both their matches. Spain got a World Cup and their second EURO out of looking solid, but uninspired and with a predictable gameplan in their matches while ultimately simply winning their matches due to being full of class.