DVDVR Message Board

Your All Purpose Anime Thread

J.H.

Watched the 3rd Layzner OAV, it def did a good job of making up for the rushed ending and explains most of the loose ends that needed to be wrapped up. 

My HD that had a lot of my unwatched anime on it crashed so not sure what i'll go to next now besides GARO. 

Just when I'm about to tap out and take it off my queue, now we finally start going somewhere in TerraFormars.  

Yeah, still don't care about any characters yet, but the curbstomping is over and now the actual fights begin.

Yeah, they're both in my queue.  Akame ga Kill! has an awesome OP, so that will at least get me watching it for a bit.  So I might put that in 3rd.  There's only 17 Eposides, so its not that hard to catch up.

And after blowing through 206 episodes of Fairy Tail, I'm not up for another long series to catch up on.  Don't get me wrong, I love Fairy Tail, I just can't do another really long series for a bit.

So in wrapping up Sword Art Online Series 1, am I the only one that almost didn't finish it due to the *REALLY* dark and twisted direction it went in for the second arc?

I've been meaning to ask here if it's worth sitting through the second arc. I got maybe 3 episodes in and I couldn't get into it at all.

3rd Arc (1st of Sword Art Online II) is good so far. But it needs the second to make sense. The 2nd is just uncomfortable to watch with its quadruple dipping into the creeper bag and needing to go to the booth to see if it breaks the hentai plane or if it stops at the one inch line.

3rd Arc (1st of Sword Art Online II) is good so far. But it needs the second to make sense. The 2nd is just uncomfortable to watch with its quadruple dipping into the creeper bag and needing to go to the booth to see if it breaks the hentai plane or if it stops at the one inch line.

Well considering the author sort of broke it in the original arc with the infamous Chapter 16.5...

Well considering the author sort of broke it in the original arc with the infamous Chapter 16.5...

True, but 16.5 didn't have the one second away from tenticle rape scene.

Guess I'll jump back on it once I'm done watching Durrara & Yugi-Oh. Somehow I stumbled upon the subtitled episodes and i've been binge watching the Battle City arc.

Honestly, Hulu has a pretty good lineup of subbed Yu-Gi-Oh! Stuff, even if they'll never finish subbing 5D's.

I finished with the episodes of No Game, No Life and I found the anime very enjoyable.  It's about a brother and sister who are geniuses at video games.  They get a mysterious message about being born in the wrong world and after winning a challenge, they are transported to a world where challenges or disagreements are settled by games.  They come up with some pretty clever solutions to the games and it can be quite humorous as it doesn't take itself too seriously.

Also I would like to give a recommendation for those who like SAO to try Log Horizon.  Log Horizon focuses more on developing a new society than action but there is action to be had.

Guess I'll jump back on it once I'm done watching Durrara & Yugi-Oh. Somehow I stumbled upon the subtitled episodes and i've been binge watching the Battle City arc.

Honestly, Hulu has a pretty good lineup of subbed Yu-Gi-Oh! Stuff, even if they'll never finish subbing 5D's.

Originally I was watching it on Hulu and I didn't see any subs for the original series which was fine as I actually liked the dubbed version. I never got to finish any of the series and I heard 5D's was never completed as a dub. I wish 4Kids kept the soundtrack as it's really good.

5D's wasn't officially completed here in any way. They stopped the dub 20 episodes short because of the lawsuit, and stopped the sub's about 20 episodes before that.

I highly recommend the 5D's sub though if you can find the last 20 episodes that TV Tokyo hasn't pulled yet.

• Like 1

I finished with the episodes of No Game, No Life and I found the anime very enjoyable.  It's about a brother and sister who are geniuses at video games.  They get a mysterious message about being born in the wrong world and after winning a challenge, they are transported to a world where challenges or disagreements are settled by games.  They come up with some pretty clever solutions to the games and it can be quite humorous as it doesn't take itself too seriously.

Also I would like to give a recommendation for those who like SAO to try Log Horizon.  Log Horizon focuses more on developing a new society than action but there is action to be had.

Glad to see another fan of No Game, No Life. I loved the premise and characters. They made for an incredibly fun and somewhat unique show.

Log Horizon is good fun as well. I like the direction they go as it helps separate them from shows like SAO & .Hack.

What do people think of Attack on Titan now that most everyone who wants to see it dubbed or subbed probably has (dvd box sets are available in the US and the Adult Swim run is almost over).  I don't think it's over-rated, exactly, but it didn't do much for me.  I didn't feel like most of the characters were well-developed and too many characters just got thrown at the viewer at the same time without an introduction.  There are several major characters I never got a handle on.

I like a lot of what they did, particularly in the back half of the series (female titan arc), but my overall impression is that most of the run should form episodes 14-36 of a 70 or 100 episode run (and I hardly ever want shows to go on even longer.  26-50 eps is perfect for most anime).

Just my opinion, but AoT is nowhere near FMA or Ghost in the Shell for me.  

Have they really not announced another season?  That seems like a no-brainer given how successful the anime was.

Also, Bleach ends it's run on Toonami/Adult Swim this weekend.  End of an era.  They've been showing first-run dubbed episodes in the same time slot for over eight years.  I feel old.  I remember when CN just acquired the license to InuYasha.