DVDVR Message Board

Your All Purpose Anime Thread

J.H.

I liked Arise well enough so I'm fine with the Arise crew overseeing it.

The first episode of Yuri Kuma Arashi might have been one of the weirdest first episodes I've seen in a long time.

That left me completely wonderign what the hell I just watched

If you're saying what I think you are that doesn't surprise me and honestly makes me wonder if I will even bother with the second season.

Well, to be fair, neither Asseylum nor Inaho are dead.  Asseylum, though, is barely alive and being kept in some kind of life support chamber.  The promos that depict her are actually of another princess using a hologram to disguise hersel as Asseylum.  Inaho was shot in the eye but survived.  He did, though, had to have his entire left eye replaced with a mechanical duplicate, and it seemed to me that they're hinting that he's a bit more robotic/less human maybe.

This is the moment that I need to finish up Terra Formars and SAO because there's about 6 new shows out that looks semi-interesting that I need to watch the first couple episodes to see if I'm gonna stick with them or not.

And I gotta say, much as I dislike Fairy Tail's new animation studio and that they changed soundtrack guys, they're 3 for 3 on OP's for Series 2 so far.  

Eh, I may be reading it wrong, though.  And he only shows up for around 5 minutes towards the end of the episode and barely has any dialogue.  It'll probably reveal itself in the next episode or two if my hunch is correct.

Caught the episode last night.

I kind of felt the opposite and that he was oddly more human at least in how he interacts with people.

Anyways the way the episode played out it felt like they knew they fucked with that ending from S1 and with some of the direction as a lot of the episode felt like them trying to fix what they broke. I'll probably keep watching for now.

Have only been watching the dub of Fairy Tail's anime so I'm a bit behind on things...haven't gotten to the newer series yet.  Got so many episodes backlogged that'll take me forever to get through all the Fairy Tail, One Piece, and movies.  (FINALLY got the Rebuild Of Evangelion dub movies...)

HnK2 just feels like Buronson saying fuckit and let Tetsuo Hara take over the plotting. Its a shame Hara never really had a major hit after HnK. His follow up CYBER BLUE was basically taking Kenshiro giving him a shotgun and changing his catchphrase to "Fuck off asshole!"

HnK2 just feels like Buronson saying fuckit and let Tetsuo Hara take over the plotting. Its a shame Hara never really had a major hit after HnK. His follow up CYBER BLUE was basically taking Kenshiro giving him a shotgun and changing his catchphrase to "Fuck off asshole!"

8 eps left as I slowly plod my way through to the final. Can't say i'm overly excited to see the grand conclusion at this point but maybe they'll surprise me in the clutch. 

Random thought, with Ken fighting all these massive gangs of Shura's, sure would have come in handy if Ken had an ARMY backing him up too but that was a silly idea.....

HnK2 just feels like Buronson saying fuckit and let Tetsuo Hara take over the plotting. 

Just got to the reveal of who Kaioh really is, with that it makes atleast 4 or 5 "so & so is so & so's long lost _" reveals in the past 20ish eps alone. Whoever was writing sure loved the heck out of that angle 

CYBER BLUE was basically taking Kenshiro giving him a shotgun and changing his catchphrase to "Fuck off asshole!"

OK, dunno how the execution is but on paper that premise actually sounds really fucking cool. 

HnK2 just feels like Buronson saying fuckit and let Tetsuo Hara take over the plotting. 

3 eps left and it just keeps getting weirder.

Has either ever done an interview explaining what they were thinking? I'd imagine of course it's come up at some point but doing a quick lazy google search I couldn't come up with anything. 

Too little too late but the final episode was pretty bad ass, i'll give them that.

I've been trying to think over the past few days and I can't remember ever watching an anime show that was so great for most of it but then mucked it all up so much by the end. I mean, i'm not opposed to series that want to ret con shit if they're doing a re-make (Leiji Matsumoto is my fave director after all) but i've never seen it done before in the middle of the same damn show. 

Ah well, i'm gonna give the newer 2000's releases a watch sometime but it'll probably be quite a while. 

Up next i'm going to catch back up with Garo again, try and finish off more GE999 TV, maybe start on Fairy Tale and try and track down that new Ikki Tousen.