DVDVR Message Board

The 2014 NBA Finals

Dolfan in NYC

You had to figure the Spurs would cool off some, and Miami would tighten the defense some, and, really, the Heat's offense was playing fine even when they were getting run off the court on the other end.

Plus, I mean, Miami is really fucking good. 

All that said, San Antonio can definitely still win this game.  And as I type that, DANNY GREEN SIGHTING~!

A Wade/Allen/James/Bosh/Lewis line-up with James handling the point guard role?  Fuck, they've probably rolled that out already.

I'd settle for Toney Douglas at this point. He can't possibly play worse and kill the Heat more than Rio and Cole have been.

Cole is OK as a secondary, off the bench ball handler.  Just don't play him more than 15 minutes a night and only play him alongside LeBron.  Chalmers has gotten worse over the years.  He used to be good for 4-5 monster games every year, and he doesn't even do much of that these days.

It's a night like this when Mike Miller's presence would help stretch the floor.

Fuck, Kawhi is a damn superstar tonight.  No doubt in my mind that the team is his once Timmy retires.

Legit question--does anyone know how Kawhi's voice sounds?  Because I don't think I've heard him say more than three words at one time, if that.  Dude is the Calvin Coolidge of the NBA.

• Like 1

I only saw the first and most of the 2nd, but this is the type Spurs I was expecting the first two games.  They were on from the get go and the ball movement was great.  Lazy defense from the Heat from what I saw(effort is big part of defending the Spurs ball movement), and they might have to make a hard decision on whether to bench Chalmers.  I say "hard" because there's not a whole lot of better options.

Obviously a big win for the Spurs here.  The Heat failed on an opportunity to take control of the series.  Now they have to win another game in San Antonio if they want to win the series.  Very tough.

Honestly, and it's important to remember I am never right, I think the Spurs take Game 3 by a dozen.

You know, for once maybe I wasn't completely wrong.

(Now to see if my prediction from way back in the pre-season thread, that Miami would look unmotivated for parts of the season, fail to have home court in the ECF or Conference Finals, and win the title anyway can top my prediction from last week that the Spurs win the title.  Either way, I win.  Because I'm a winner, WOOO)

Look, I know the Spurs shot the best half in finals history and this game was just a phenomenal effort on their part. But to me, this series could still go either way and if it goes to Game 7, I'd put more money on the Heat than the Spurs.

I want the Spurs to win very badly, but I think to do it, they'd have to close out in 6 games.

I'm dreading the inevitable SPURS ARE DOMINATING THIS SERIES. THEY'LL WIN FOR SURE chatter that's to come.

Miami constantly strings me along with the prospect of the big comeback, not matter how bad the score gets I can't give up on it. It's a testament to how good they're capable of being and how frustrating they sometimes can be. It would've been nice to have a lead in the Finals but whatever onto the next one. Hopefully Cole's minutes go to Toney Douglas, the Heat are married to Chalmers, for better or for worse, for a few more games so you can't really bench him but Cole needs to go. It seems like every time the Heat got close one of them would do something monumentally stupid and fuck everything up, they got it to 7 and I think the next possession was that Norris Cole around the world bullshit.

Still have no idea how we ended up with Monty McCutchen and Tony Brothers reffing the same Finals game together but that didn't do anyone on either side any favors.

Time for Golden Girls.