DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA Playoffs - Round of 8

Dolfan in NYC

You're showing a gif of him slapping his hand when BOTH HANDS WERE HOLDING THE BALL. Look at this:

ilwvvbcumi10famhdxiz.gif

I'm more inclined to agree with Sydney though:

That doesn't account for the dozens of other times someone was fouled while the ball was knocked out of bounds, but the refs gave it to the fouling team anyway.  You can't call fouls in replays, you can only call who touched the ball last.  The refs said the replay was "inconclusive," when aside from one angle, it was anything but.  It had nothing to do with the interpretation of the rule shown above.

You're completely right and they should have called it a foul....and they obviously tried to rectify that call by saying "inconclusive." I agree that they weren't thinking of the rule when they did this. It was a "make-up" call which is the absolute worse thing about NBA in my opinions. "Oh, we missed that foul, well let's call this brush a foul to make up for it."

HOWEVER....

The rule clearly states that in this instance, the ball should have been OKC, and there have been numerous sportswriters citing old examples how this is the case. I'll have to find the clips they're talking about for offensive players holding a ball with two hands, getting slapped in one, the ball flies out of bounds, and offense remains possession.

Edit:

Big debate too is that the rule is vague and says "hits the hand causing the ball to go out-of-bounds." Doesn't say which hand has to be hit. Again, by the RULEBOOK, the call was good.

But it was still a bad call overall.

Ignoring the out of bounds play, Chris Paul did get foul on the arm by Reggie Jackson on the last play of the game.  Man, nothing went right for Chris Paul during the final minute of the game.

OKC has certainly caught more than a few breaks in these playoffs.  Almost every championship team does, but they have to be down to the last two wishes on their monkey's paw.  Or maybe Scott Brooks drew up all these scenarios during timeouts.

Just waiting for Lebron to strike the Nets down and kill my dream of a game 6 (one last game in Brooklyn this season to go to).

Mario Chalmers just faked every Heat fan out by not taking that shot and passing it to Ray Allen.  Every Heat fan screamed "NO" and once he passed it to Ray they screamed "YES". I had no idea that Chalmers was capable of that level of restraint.

Biggest sequence of the game: LeBron body checks Joe Johnson and then blocks his shot, no call. Less than ten seconds later Joe is called for a foul (same amount of contact or less)and LeBron goes to the line for two..

That's the NBA in a nutshell.

Biggest sequence of the game: LeBron body checks Joe Johnson and then blocks his shot, no call. Less than ten seconds later Joe is called for a foul (same amount of contact or less)and LeBron goes to the line for two..

Boo-hoo. The WWE put it best:  BE A STAR!  Not just paid like one.

Joe Johnson was cooking Lebron in the 4th quarter(gave him fadeaways, AND-1 drives, etc.), but Kidd should have just went for the win with a 3 point attempt there.  I wouldn't like their chances in an overtime period anyway.  I know hindsight is 20/20, but Joe dribbling into traffic with 5 seconds to go wasn't a great idea.

Boo-hoo. The WWE put it best:  BE A STAR!  Not just paid like one.

Is there any room on the Heat bandwagon? I can cheer for the best teams too. Go Man City!

• Like 1

Heat fans who are not from Florida are this generation's version of Bulls fans who weren't from Chicago. Both are a blight on humanity.

• Like 2

Nobody has noted this, but the real key play of the game was the idiotic foul at the end of the first quarter that gifted the Heat two points. That may have been the single stupidest play I have ever seen a player made. Just let the guy take a half court prayer.