DVDVR Message Board

Amusingly, it's really boosted the tpb sales. 

Age of Ultron was not very good outside the tremendously good Avengers Assemble tie-in issue. At least it was quick. Event comics are never good. Either they're too arthouse like Final Crisis or try to serve too many masters. I don't know if it's because they're so often expanded from what should be a smaller story or what. I don't think Marvel has had a decent line-wide event since Infinity Gauntlet. And I've read them all. 

I wonder if FSW would love Civil War, though? Which is the absolute worst written event in the history of Marvel.

I thought A vs X was pretty good. The multiple phoenix stuff took a bit to get used to and I really am fairly annoyed that none of the positive changes to the Earth stuck since that would have made the MU a much better place, but the actual writing in the issues themselves was perfectly fine. Most of the complaints were pretty silly. 

• Like 1

I really am fairly annoyed that none of the positive changes to the Earth stuck since that would have made the MU a much better place, 

That's always the case, though. Everything's all bright and shiny after the big event, but the status quo soon returns.

It's because they want the MU to resemble our reality. If I want our reality, I'll go outside. One thing I actually loved about House of M at the time was that it was a heavy fantasized setting right when Marvel was at its most ground level.

And FSW, there was something attached in that pack of Iron Fist comics that someone sent you once upon a time.

Read it.

Love the Star-Lord helm and guns and Drax's knives. Not a fan of the Nova Corps uniform, and REALLY not a fan of a Pymless Ultron. Having Tony be the AI guy as well as the armor guy doesn't work for me.

I must have missed a post somewhere along the line there, was there some concept art that showed these things? The only thing I saw was that line up that had Star-Lord wearing some sort of goofy leather duster. Drax looks pretty cool but I don't believe he had any knives either.

I must have missed a post somewhere along the line there, was there some concept art that showed these things? The only thing I saw was that line up that had Star-Lord wearing some sort of goofy leather duster. Drax looks pretty cool but I don't believe he had any knives either.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Nova Corps uniform looks very Judge Dredd-y (the Stallone version). Does this mean we're going to get Rich Ryder at some point? Also, if there's a GotG 2, I'm hoping they introduce Adam Warlock.

And I'm more than a bit disappointed about Hank Pym not being Ultron's creator in the Marvel Movieverse. Like somebody said earlier, why even bother having Hank Pym in the Movieverse now? Ultron is like 90% of Pym's pathos (the other 10%, of course is atoning for beating up Jan)

Recommend me shit, I'll give it a go. I liked Death of the Family, although Joker is getting a bit ridiculous with the SURPRISE EVERYTIME YOU GET ME I HAVE ANOTHER GINMICK TO ESCAPE.

Read Annihilation and Annihilation Conquest.

That's always the case, though. Everything's all bright and shiny after the big event, but the status quo soon returns.

All of the terrible shit instantly goes away, too. We've been conditioned not to care about anything that happens in comics. Like, most of the world got broken in half in Fear Itself and it didn't even matter. There's a throwaway line about autism rates rising by like 8000% or something over a panel of a mountain sized stack of bodies by the Eiffel Tower or something. 

And who cared?

No one, I guess. It gets harder and harder to find a sense of stakes in Marvel Comics lately, unless it's something small scale that effects a character I like. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spot the difference between the Captain America suit in Captain America: The First Avenger and the one in the first picture?

Answer:

The new one has a red middle stripe.

I've always preferred the suit in Captain America: The First Avenger to the one in Avengers Assemble. I'm also liking the new Super-Soldier outfit.