DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

They confirmed that Trials is continuing a while back.

And they confirmed it again today on the GI podcast. However, it won't launch with TTK.

Probably trying to keep elite PvPers from running out to a big lead on high level gear, like what happened with HoW.

I'm less than 1100 points from hitting rank 5 now and i can get that done with the bounties alone tomorrow if need be.

Looking at some of the info released for The Taken King.

The vault space got doubled because they found a megabyte of memory they could reuse. Originally it was just going to increase by 3 slots.

Gjallarhorn, Ice Breaker and MIDA wont be getting Year 2 versions. GHorn and IB because they are over powered and MIDA because there are 3 new exotic scout rifles in TTK.

No increased difficulty for old raids and PoE, no new rewards. They are for 'nostalgia' now. But at the same time they say there wont be a currency exchange for Etheric Light and they will address it in the future.

I still cant fully get my head around how the new light level works. 

ToO will return at some point with Year 2 rewards.

From what else people are saying it looks like 10 new story missions, 4 new strikes, 1 of which is PS exclusive but the old PS exclusive strikes will be coming to Xbox. Taken versions of some of the old strikes. 1 new Raid. Court of Oryx which seems to be some beefed up public events you can unlock at various difficulties.

After running PoE with Mis and Fadeless twice this afternoon - I am officially maxed out on Vault space so the expanded space will be nice.

All three of my characters are now 34 and my Titan now has two 34 load outs (I now can run Raids/PoE as 34 with my Helm of Saint 14).

I was also pleased that I did something as my Sunsinger Warlock which I NEVER do. 

I have realized that I can think of this as a sequel since I am going to be getting it for a new system. That eases the pain of rebuying the game.

It sounds like attack/defense levels only matter in terms of how they affect your average Light level.

Like, if you have a 280 (or whatever the max will be) primary, and everything else is 190, you won't be running around with a super OP gun, because the damage it deals will be scaled down to whatever your average is.

Which also means that weapon levels affect your ability to take damage, and armor levels affect your ability to deal damage. So..say, rolling with Fatebringer for the arc damage and firefly is going to do more than cost you a little DPS.

It sounds like attack/defense levels only matter in terms of how they affect your average Light level.

Like, if you have a 280 (or whatever the max will be) primary, and everything else is 190, you won't be running around with a super OP gun, because the damage it deals will be scaled down to whatever your average is.

Which also means that weapon levels affect your ability to take damage, and armor levels affect your ability to deal damage. So..say, rolling with Fatebringer for the arc damage and firefly is going to do more than cost you a little DPS.

From what i can make out your Light Level is the combined light of all your weapons, armor and ghost. If the new max for weapons and armor is 280 that's 9x280 for a total of 2520 light. 3 guns, 4 armor pieces, a class item and ghost. If that's the case and you go into a Nightfall with a Fatebringer at 190 on arc burn that would bring your light down to 2430. That's only a 4% hit to your Light Level considering you will still be doing the 300% damage from the arc burn. But they talk like all your old stuff will be useless. Plus they say the Nightfalls are level 40 so you will be able to tackle them with under leveled light anyway. I guess it will just be like doing the current 32 Nightfall at level 32 instead of 34. You'll do the same damage but you cant take as much of a beating. Now i assume going into a level 40 Nightfall with nothing but House of Wolves level gear would be suicide.

Its going to come down to how much of a hit you take having a pieces of under leveled gear equipped. At the moment its pretty simple, with only 34 levels even just tackling something at one level less is a big disadvantage. But when we are talking numbers numbers up to 2500+ surly one pieces of armor or weapon wont make a huge difference.

Edit: Never mind, my maths is off. Its not 9x280 for your Light Level. If all your weapons and armor are 280 then your light level is 280. Which means 8 280 maxed pieces and one 190 piece would make you level 270? But the percentages should still be about the same. This is all assumption at the moment though.

Basically from what i understand at the moment end game content will be a lot more forgiving for having an under leveled item than it currently is. 

Finished dragging my Warlock kicking and screaming through the Iron Banner with 2 days to spare. In my last game i got 20 kills, a 1.43 ratio and a Party Crasher. The guy at the bottom of the board got 9 kills, a 0.82 ratio and a Gjallarhorn. That sums up my Iron Banner experience perfectly.

Played ToO for the first time in forever. Got put up against a bunch of cheating cunts. Destroyed them for the first 2 rounds then suddenly their connection bottoms out and they become unkillable. What does Destiny do? immediately match us with the same team again and the exact same thing happens. Fuck you Bungie.

Whenever you suffer a loss whether legitimate or to cheaters, you should always exit matchmaking and re start Trials so you don't get paired up with the same team.  Whenever you just stay in orbit and it's matchmaking after a game ends you're always going to be prone to get matched against the same team.  

Whenever you suffer a loss whether legitimate or to cheaters, you should always exit matchmaking and re start Trials so you don't get paired up with the same team.  Whenever you just stay in orbit and it's matchmaking after a game ends you're always going to be prone to get matched against the same team.  

I probably wont play it again to be fair. It was only on a whim that there were 2 guys online that needed a 3rd and it happened to be Arms which i didn't have. I don't think they will be up again before the gear changes for TTK.

Did a VoG on my Hunter, still no boots, i got a 3rd Fatebringer though. I did get Bane of the Dark Gods from a Crota hard mode run. I'd forgotten i hadn't even got that ship. I don't know if the drop rate is ridiculously low or just really shitty luck but it took 23 hard mode completions before it dropped for me.

Well also I also immediately put the dudes on my avoid list (I am assuming PS has something similar)

Got my Felwinter's Lie today since I passed IB Rank 4 - I mean it's worthless but I am happy to have it in the collection.

Got my FOURTH Suros in an IB match today. Talk about worthless...

Never noticed but my grimoire is over 3400 now (3415). I never really took much notice of it before. I went ghost hunting once out of boredom so i guess that accounts for most of it. Took a look at what i'm missing and it seems i heavily favor certain weapons over others. I've still yet to finish off the kills for 5 of the 10 weapons types. There are a couple of ridiculous PvE ones i need to finish, they seem to expect you to kill an unhealthy amount of Ogres and Hydras considering how few you face. And 250 VIP kills in patrols seems a little high too. I'm about 100 short on all 3 of those.

A lot are Crucible based, seems there are a bunch of maps and game types i didn't know existed, never mind about played. And i haven't finished any of the Warlock/Hunter/Titan kills in the crucible or kill Warlock/Hunter/Titans in the crucible. Hell i haven't even finished the kills as a Hunter or Titan in PvE.

Got some work to do if i ever get around to it.

I'm nowhere close.  I'm not a completion'ist by any means so I never bothered with ghost hunting.  In fact even when I'd be on patrol or doing something and a buddy would say he found a ghost, I wouldn't even be bothered to go get it lol.  I always felt like "what does that shit do for me?, Nothing." But that same mentality is causing me to go backwards now because I just assumed I had completed everything regarding that silly special emblem year one guys get but I actually checked the progress the other day and there are some gold chests I never got apparently.  I remember once I realized that the items in them didn't progress with your level that I didn't bother trying to find them.  So I have to go around and find the ones I didn't get to complete that crap. 

Wont be much to the murderers of the Crucible here but i finally got a Relentless in the Iron Banner.

Assists also count towards the bounty. :(

You don't need a 10+ Kill Streak in a single match.  You just have to get 10 kills / assists before you die.

I had the same thing with the golden chests, i was missing around 1/3 of them, luckily it was mostly the ones on Mars, with just the odd chest on each of the other planets, so i got it done pretty quickly. The chests were pretty worthless even if you found them right away at a low level, i don't think i got anything from them a year ago that i actually used. The emblem was fun for a while since it was the only alternative at the start and the strange coin you get from one was rare at that point since you didn't have 3 characters, or could even do the weeklies. But now, worthless.

In other big news, no new raid in The Taken King.

OK, not entirely true. It will have a raid, it just wont be available on launch. They 'have a plan' and will announce its release at a later date.

I need to remember to not play IB in the morning

So many people with shitty connections

Lately my best PvP runs have been in the morning against newbie players and for once I was the beneficiary of lag.

As for the Grimoire score discussion, mine is 3445.  I enjoy game lore so I actually read the card details as I collect them.

Currently watching a lot of swordbearer vids on the Crota raid since apparently the only way to get the Ascension Sword and Crota cards after the last patch is to hold the sword and either kill Crota yourself or be very close to the swordbearer when Crota dies.

Ergo, gonna try to be swordbearer during an Easy CE raid.

Wont be much to the murderers of the Crucible here but i finally got a Relentless in the Iron Banner.

Assists also count towards the bounty. :(

You don't need a 10+ Kill Streak in a single match.  You just have to get 10 kills / assists before you die.

I took full advantage of the assists counting towards the 10 kill Iron Banner bounty. I played like a dick! i'd clip people with Thorn and back away letting others handle the more messy task of actually killing someone. Heavy works well for it too. I did 2 of the 3 triple machine gun kills on my way to the 10 kill streak, i think the other 4 kills were assists from just sticking a thorn in people.

Too many people think that you have to get a Relentless in one match to get the bounty.  The descriptor is very deceptive.  I have used Thorn to score assists thanks to the DoT and my RF had Grenades and Horseshoes so that would score enough kills to satisfy the bounty.

Wasn't on too much over the weekend.  Spent some time out and about with my woman and had a great time.

I'll be online tonight on parent's crappy internet.  PvP and slamming PoE until I get my Lord of Wolves.