DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Had a quick look at the update this morning. Some things look good, others I disagree with.

They didn't need to make the Nightfalls easier by letting you wipe, takes away some of the fun doing them. And the Nightfall XP bonus was the only worthwhile thing you got from them some weeks so I don't like that that's gone. Hopefully they improve the drop rates for something decent at the end of them.

Legendary Marks and engrams for the weeklies now? They will be obsolete a few weeks into the game then. There already seems to be countless ways to get Marks now and the bog standard legendaries won't be worth using after a few weeks anyway.

Strike specific armour and weapons sounds good. I don't expect them to be raid quality but something between the normal legendary gear and raid gear would be nice. Maybe this is where you get the 'burn modifier' armour they briefly mentioned?

I don't really bother with the dailies anymore unless I'm upgrading a weapon. Then it's an excellent sauce of 21,000 xp. Looks like it's just more legendary marks from them anyway.

I'm assuming the 'defeat Oryx first' thing means finishing the story missions, not the raid. Kind of like how you defeated Crota's soul at the end of The Dark Below or captured Skolas at the end of House of Wolves. Forcing raid completion on your players when there is a huge amount of people that don't play them is insane!

Interesting info from the weekly update:

Beginning with TTK, a team wipe on the Nighfall will no longer boot you to orbit. However, the XP boost will be going away (allegedly made up for by XP bumps to other activities).

The Weekly Heroic Strike will also be replaced by the Weekly Heroic Playlist, a set of three strikes. The rewards are per account, not per character, so you don't have to play it with every character to get max loot for that week.

The Daily will also be one per account now.

I can dig the Aura from the Nightfall going away since Destiny is going all MMO and offering XP for just about anything you do in the game.  I like the feast or famine mechanic that Nightfalls already had but that did lead to a lot of cheesing to prevent team wipes, so I am all for checkpoints in the Nightfall to speed up gameplay.

Limiting the Daily to one per account is bullshit but I like the change to the way Weeklys work.

Also - you have to be Level 40 to play them and have beaten Oryx first

I also missed that armor now has burn modifiers now too.

Just about every piece of armor and class items should offer stat boosts, enemy bane perks, or burns now.  No need to carry a million guns anymore.

I like how DeeJ made it a point to let everyone know that GHorn is going to remain a Year One exotic.

So yeah, when does Variks finally finish my Elder Cipher so that I can start working on Lord of Wolves?

RIGHT AFTER WE FUCKING KILL SKOLAS AGAIN~!  600 POINTS WASTED~!  I COULD BE HALFWAY DONE ALREADY~!

Fuck you, Bungie.

The good news is our last asswhipping of Skolas wasn't a fluke.  Team LFG only wiped once during the whole thing and that was during the Skolas wave.  We were done in just over an hour and that includes the time we waited in the airlock for synth cooldowns to expire and supers to recharge.. 

The Bladesinger / Defender / Sunsinger trio definitely has the best class synergy for 35 PoE and I certainly serve my team best by turning on every perk that buffs Invisibility. 

I think that my LFG buddies are going to drag my DARPA homie through 35 PoE tonight.  I can't help because I won't be online tonight and probably not tomorrow either.  I have been down at my 'rents for five days now and my girlfriend is chomping at the bit.  I am going to take a couple days off after this test event so that we can spend some time together.

And if anyone has gotten armor for trying Judgment's Chance, let me know.  So far all I get are weapons.  I kept the Servant of Aksor I got last night.

• Like 1

I can dig the Aura from the Nightfall going away since Destiny is going all MMO and offering XP for just about anything you do in the game. I like the feast or famine mechanic that Nightfalls already had but that did lead to a lot of cheesing to prevent team wipes, so I am all for checkpoints in the Nightfall to speed up gameplay.

Limiting the Daily to one per account is bullshit but I like the change to the way Weeklys work.

Im conflicted on the daly changes. I only ever did them for the XP rewards which are now gone. But now I only have to do it once I'm more likely to play it.

The old style of Nightfalls really improved my game. We went from sitting back and sniping everything/cheesing the boss and taking 20-30 mins a time to having fun, dicking about in there with crappy non useful weapons and still only taking 10 mins to finish.

The good news is our last asswhipping of Skolas wasn't a fluke. Team LFG only wiped once during the whole thing and that was during the Skolas wave. We were done in just over an hour and that includes the time we waited in the airlock for synth cooldowns to expire and supers to recharge..

And if anyone has gotten armor for trying Judgment's Chance, let me know. So far all I get are weapons. I kept the Servant of Aksor I got last night.

You have discovered the winning formula to Skolas! I seriously don't know how there are people in there for 12 hours, on Skolas alone, without getting the job done!

My first Skolas run took about 2 hours 30. This was week one when we had no tactics. Week 2 took 3 freakin hours because Skolas was arc burn. Arc burn on fallen. At level 35. Holy crap was that viscous! Plus both those times we were waiting 10mins after every wipe for synths. We don't any more. But after that it all fell in place, the next 3 runs were 50 mins, 1hr15 and 1hr15. An hour to 2 hours is pretty much what it should take once you know what to do.

As for your Variks question. I've done maybe 7 or 8 judgment chances and got armour twice. Arms both times. First time they were worse than the ones i brought from him, second time a near perfect Fallen themed set. Problem is there are 9 guns and only 4 pieces of armour so you're far more likely to pick up a gun you don't want.

Just about every piece of armor and class items should offer stat boosts, enemy bane perks, or burns now.  No need to carry a million guns anymore.

There is always a reason to carry a million guns. You are the only person I know who only carries basically one weapon per slot.

I mean I carry an exotic and legendary of every weapon type with me so that way I can easily swap based on bounties and situation.

Another change that I didn't realize they were making until a day or two ago.

They are putting in a mercy rule in Crucible matches.

I don't know how I feel about this - mainly because even if my team is getting crushed, I can get work in on my bounties.

Now - if it is based on # of players - then I totally don't mind

There is always a reason to carry a million guns. You are the only person I know who only carries basically one weapon per slot.

I mean I carry an exotic and legendary of every weapon type with me so that way I can easily swap based on bounties and situation.

It is not that bad.  I have at least two weapons per slot so that I can swap out and have an Exotic in any one position. 

But no, I don't pack eight or nine weapons or armor pieces per slot like you hoarders do.

They are putting in a mercy rule in Crucible matches.

I don't know how I feel about this - mainly because even if my team is getting crushed, I can get work in on my bounties.

The mercy rule in Crucible is one of the first things they announced and I think that is bullshit.  I have been on several teams that have earned Decisive Victories and have been on the ass end of a whopping also. 

As you say, even If we're getting trounced, I can still work on bounties. 

No need to scream about holding turf if we are down 10K to 5K so get in as many caps as you can. 

What Bungie needs to do is lock rooms after the 5 minute mark and not allow players back into PvP for 30 minutes or so if they quit early.  Of course that won't happen since they can't tell the difference between dcons and bitch outs and I don't want to be locked out of PvP because I fucking caterpillar at the absolute worst time.

Dedicated PvP servers would also be nice.

You have discovered the winning formula to Skolas! I seriously don't know how there are people in there for 12 hours, on Skolas alone, without getting the job done!

It helped that know what to expect.  Targets and mine disarms did not take us off guard this time around.

I think the key is knowing which stips to go in on.  I am sure we'd have a lot more trouble if Angry were up.  We had an easier time during Brawler / Juggler because Primary and Special Kills left tons of Heavy on the ground.  We always had GHorn ammo to spare so that made add clearing much simpler.

Urrox is the last PoE boss I haven't fought and he should be in the 34 after Reset.  If anyone on 360 wants to help me cap this dude, hit me up.

I would but you don't let moss grow under your feet.

I log on - and you are already halfway done with the other dudes :-)

Oh, that Nightstalker PvP footage is sexy.

It is GTA Online all over again.  I am soooo looking forward to PvP and capping dudes after evading their gunfire via combat roll.

THE RETURN OF MARY LOU~!

Glad I saved my Bones of Eao since Nightstalkers get Triple Jump.  Hope the Bones upgrade to Year 2.

Urrox is the last PoE boss I haven't fought and he should be in the 34 after Reset.  If anyone on 360 wants to help me cap this dude, hit me up.

Urrox is the easiest of all the bosses. Just a big stupid head that's easy as hell to snipe.  And a stupid burning the ground mechanic.  All you have to do is jump up and down until it goes away.  It's easiest if there's a titan with a blessing bubble but it isn't necessary.  Just jumping and staying in the air as long as you can will suffice for the ten seconds it's active.   

Wont be much to the murderers of the Crucible here but i finally got a Relentless in the Iron Banner. After hitting 9 kills and getting blind sided by a Warlock with an itchy trigger finger and a Nova Bomb to throw SO.MANY.TIMES i just went on an absolute rampage and obliterated their entire team to the tune of a 4.0 ratio. We still lost. I hate this game.

I've been too busy to play any IB this week. And at this point, I'm not even sure I'll try to grind out levels this weekend, since al the gear will be outdated in two weeks and etheric light is going away.

And I bet if I try to set myself up for the reset glitch, they'll finally patch it with 2.0.

Think this was the first time in the 4 Iron Banners I've done where i did every bounty in one day. Strangely enough it was the 15 captures that took the longest, i normally have that done in 4 or 5 games but every game was a complete beating either way. We either destroyed them or got our ass kicked so there weren't many capture points up for grabs. I'm sitting at about 1400 points into rank 3. Picked up the boots, and with handing in the bounties, it was enough to level everything up so i now have complete sets of both Warlock Iron Banner armor.

Is Trials of Osiris still going to be a thing when TTK comes out?

I'm assuming so since it was one of the key parts to House of Wolves but they've not said anything. I guess it will be back with new armor like the Iron Banner is. Speaking of which, if the photos are to be believed, TTK Iron Banner armor is medieval themed. The Titan looks like a god damn knight! Guess i'll be forcing my way through another Iron Banner after all...

Huh. My girlfriend bought me a copy of Destiny (360) today after what was a loooong week. Installing now. I like loot games. And shooters. Enjoyed the demo well enough. I think I know what I'll be doing this weekend...