DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

I'm guessing they've not re-printed the discs and The Legendary Edition is going to come with the basic Destiny game on disc and a hell of a lot of downloading. If i remember right The Dark Below didn't take much to download since most of it was already on disc but House of Wolves may have been around 6 gig? and The Taken King is 18 gig. With some luck the disc version will contain whatever the latest version of Year One was and you will just have to download the difference in TDB/HoW. Then just sit there a day while it downloads TTK.

I fear my pre Taken King playing is going to take a massive hit this weekend because Super Mario Maker is the greatest thing ever. Fortunately there's nothing i can do on Destiny at the moment other than play Crucible on my Titan since everything else is ready to level up.

I have not enjoyed the few games of Rift I've played. Pretty much everybody on my team always seems afraid to pick up the spark. I played a game yesterday and it really felt like I was the only one grabbing the damn thing, and sure enough, we go to the scoreboard afterward and I'm the only one with a carry!

ARE YOU HERE TO PLAY RIFT OR NOT?

I did the digital preorder last night on PSN. I doubt there's a huge download for that because it seems like these last few patches have added the Taken King content. I also worked through PvP for a bit last night and felt terrible at it. Some of these newer maps were a little refreshing. One or two felt even more Haloish than some of the early maps have.

It looks like it's gonna be 60 gigs

Holy crap!

I did the digital preorder last night on PSN. I doubt there's a huge download for that because it seems like these last few patches have added the Taken King content. I also worked through PvP for a bit last night and felt terrible at it. Some of these newer maps were a little refreshing. One or two felt even more Haloish than some of the early maps have.

Yeah the 18 gig download was The Taken King, and any other changes they were making. I imagine the actual Taken King download on Tuesday will be like 10mb. It was the same for House of Wolves, a big patch the week before, then just a small file that unlocks it on the day.

Knocked out a few Crucible games since a buddy of mine was on. We got stuck with possibly the worst team ever. I think we only won 2 out of 7 games, i'm not sure why we didn't leave. On the plus side, despite the massive beating, i had a positive ratio all night. For 5 of the 7 games we were the only two with a positive score. Went a total of 97-75 with 56 assists. Damn i need to find a way to turn those assists into kills.

I also got a purple Ghost with little spikes sticking out of it as a reward. It's a lower light level than the ones the Speaker sells but it looks great so it's staying until Tuesday!

Holy crap!

Just for the record - that is coming from XBOX Live's Taken King page which says you are required to have 60 gigs hard drive space.

I am not 100% sure the download will be that big but I know it won't be small

So I've played for a little bit for 2 days now and my mighty level 7 warlock is to be feared....or not.

So far the game's been fun, though doing patrols usually ends up with me getting the ones I need for the stupid quest in an area with mobs too high for me.  But don't you worry House of Kings, I'll be back for you in a level or so.

Holy crap!

Just for the record - that is coming from XBOX Live's Taken King page which says you are required to have 60 gigs hard drive space.

I am not 100% sure the download will be that big but I know it won't be small

I think Destiny was just under 30gig on my PS4 before the update. It now sits at just over 37. So a lot of that 18gig must have replaced files already on here. You'll probably still be looking at around 30gig to download though. I think there may be a lot of new people to the game on the 15th that aren't going to be able to play it right away.

So I've played for a little bit for 2 days now and my mighty level 7 warlock is to be feared....or not.

So far the game's been fun, though doing patrols usually ends up with me getting the ones I need for the stupid quest in an area with mobs too high for me.  But don't you worry House of Kings, I'll be back for you in a level or so.

You picked the right time to jump on. Everything feels a lot more streamlined and less grindy than it did a week ago.

So far the game's been fun, though doing patrols usually ends up with me getting the ones I need for the stupid quest in an area with mobs too high for me. But don't you worry House of Kings, I'll be back for you in a level or so.

I'm lvl 17 now myself. Unlocked The Reef yesterday. Really enjoying myself for the most part. I'm generally a solo gamer, so it's definitely turning into more of a challenge as I go on. That's good and bad. Wondering how long it'll be before I hit a wall.

Boots! Finally! On the last Vault of Glass, on my last play of Destiny, before The Taken King my Hunter finally got those goddamn Vault boots! Its been 4 months since i created my Hunter. I got the Warlock and Titan raid gear in just 2 runs but those shoes just didn't want to drop for the Hunter. That's all the Vault, Crota, Prison and exotic armor and weapons acquired to end Year One on.

So far the game's been fun, though doing patrols usually ends up with me getting the ones I need for the stupid quest in an area with mobs too high for me. But don't you worry House of Kings, I'll be back for you in a level or so.

I'm lvl 17 now myself. Unlocked The Reef yesterday. Really enjoying myself for the most part. I'm generally a solo gamer, so it's definitely turning into more of a challenge as I go on. That's good and bad. Wondering how long it'll be before I hit a wall.

You're fine to run solo on all the story missions. All the strikes have automatic matchmaking so it doesn't matter if you don't play with others. The Nightfalls will be a challenge but they are doable solo once you've got some experience. It will depend how hard or easy they are on what the modifiers are for the week. The only thing you 'need' others for are Raids and the Prison of Elders and the Prison is pretty much obsolete after Tuesday anyway.

• Like 1

Rippa, im thinking if you download the trial version of destiny on the xb1 right now, it will be ready to play as soon as you throw the disc in on tuesday. Damien did this, went and traded in at gamestop for the base game (he is going to be doing another trade on tuesday for ttk) and didnt have to download anything else

Rippa, im thinking if you download the trial version of destiny on the xb1 right now, it will be ready to play as soon as you throw the disc in on tuesday. Damien did this, went and traded in at gamestop for the base game (he is going to be doing another trade on tuesday for ttk) and didnt have to download anything else

Worth a shot - am downloading it now.

Side note - after Destiny installs I will have already used over 60% of my hard drive space (so now I am really wishing I got the 1T HD) on only 5 games.

Granted one of the "games" is the master chief collection but still

That's one of my big problems with digital releases (that and thay are insanely over priced). With the size a full game is now and the limited amount if HD space a console gives you, I just don't see how it's practical. Fair enough you've still got to instal it from disc if you go for a physical copy but if you delete it and decided to play again 6 months later it won't take you 10 hours to re download it like digital.

So I got to 10 and did my first Strike last night. we had a guy drop out during the spider-tank fight which was no loss since we just two-manned the rest of it.  The final boss fight was a lot more fun then that spider-tank, that's for sure.

Now it's time to head to the moon!

Yeah - I probably need to play AC: Black Flag just to get it off my HD.

This is the reason why I am slugging through Sleeping Dogs right now.   I will pick up my copy of TTK for 360 on Thursday.

If no one is online to help me slug past Urrox this afternoon, I will head back to Hong Kong to fight more crime.

I've been trying to figure out what the new max light level will be in comparison to the old system.

So far it seems to just be x5. When I got cheep shotted by a Hobgoblin in the vault last night it said 'recommended light level 150' when I died. The old Vault hard mode was level 30. 30x5? 150. Also, our current max is 169-171, 170/5? 34. Our old max.

There was a video posted on YouTube today of someone finding a Taken patrol mission in the cosmodrome, they started it, found Taken enemies and were killed by a bunch of ??? levelled Taken, recommended light level? 220. Or 44 in the old system. I'm making an assumption that these taken are the equivalent of the random Wolves that were in certain areas at level 32.

Assuming raid gear is a few levels above those enemies, we're about to get a hell of a power increase.

What does that mean? Firstly, Skolas is getting a kicking. But mainly, unless they change something or my working out is completely wrong, Crota is going to be a push over. Although weapon damage is maxed at your enemies level, melee damage is maxed at ours. Which means hitting Crota with a sword is going to be doing over 10 levels damage above him.

All speculation and pretty pointless, but I was bored!

https://www.destinythegame.com/legend-of-you/share?video=1.4611686018429832429.2305843009215346521&version=2

Im on my phone, cant remember the bbcode to create a link to a video or whatever. Theres a thing going on over at destinythegame.com where you put in your gt and create a personalized trailer for the taken king, the above is for my hunter.