DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

I used to have a Devil You Know with Luck In the Chamber, Send It, and Crowd Control.   It was equally offensive.

This is why I said that it always pays to keep raising your faction rankings because of the outside chance that you will end up with RNG gear with obscene abilities and the weapons / armor you shredded along the way will provide you with the ascendant materials needed to upgrade your weapons.

Yeah Xur sells them at 5 heavy synths for 1 strange coin.

Buying them at 950 glimmer for one synth from the gunsmith is easily the worst deal in the game. Your glimmer situation isn't really that common JT. Most people are constantly burning through their glimmer.

Also the reason people use them at the current rate is the final battle in the Crotas End raid pretty much requires everyone to fire rockets. So you make an attempt that's unsuccessful and you fire off five rockets and your team wipes, you're going to have to use a synth to make an honest attempt at the next one.

Considering Xur used to sell them every single week and upon the release of the DLC all of a sudden he quits selling them is why people are pissed.

I am glad that I am more of a PvPer than a raider. Raiding seems to caue more headaches than it cures. 

Gear and level only get you so far in the Crucible so I don't really feel compelled to raid for high end gear to get to Light 32 because any level character can be fairly effective in the right situations.

The only time purpose that raid gear has IMO is to make you a better raider.   The only time that raid gear is a factor in PvP is when the safeties are turned off during the IB. 

I think that Rippa's RNG Crusader has Explosive Rounds, Glass Half Full, and Firefly.  It is fucking sick.

It actually has Final Round, Explosive Rounds and Firefly

I love this gun

I wanna have sex with this gun

• Like 1

I have been the albatross around the neck of my team many times in the Crucible, but I don't think I've ever been this much of an idiot.

Keep your eye on the player reviving his teammate..

Rippa and I have been on teams with players that make you look like a serial killer.

Thus our Grand Unified Theory Of Destiny Gamertags.

1. Anyone with the words Elite, Assassin, Sniper, Ninja, Evil, Dark, Darth, Zombie, Reaper or anything relatively ominous is going to be the worst player on your team.

2. Anyone with a cute name like Jigglypoof, HelloKitty90315, or Snookums101 will be the blood drinker of your squad.

Yeah Xur sells them at 5 heavy synths for 1 strange coin.

Buying them at 950 glimmer for one synth from the gunsmith is easily the worst deal in the game. Your glimmer situation isn't really that common JT. Most people are constantly burning through their glimmer.

Also the reason people use them at the current rate is the final battle in the Crotas End raid pretty much requires everyone to fire rockets. So you make an attempt that's unsuccessful and you fire off five rockets and your team wipes, you're going to have to use a synth to make an honest attempt at the next one.

Considering Xur used to sell them every single week and upon the release of the DLC all of a sudden he quits selling them is why people are pissed.

I am glad that I am more of a PvPer than a raider. Raiding seems to caue more headaches than it cures.

Gear and level only get you so far in the Crucible so I don't really feel compelled to raid for high end gear to get to Light 32 because any level character can be fairly effective in the right situations.

The only time purpose that raid gear has IMO is to make you a better raider. The only time that raid gear is a factor in PvP is when the safeties are turned off during the IB.

Raid gear doesn't necessarily make you a better raider, it just makes you less vulnerable. In PVE level matters a lot. In a nightfall or anything level 30, the enemies are doing 30% less damage to a 32 than someone that's 31. But like you said, that stuff only matters in PVE and PVP not named Iron Banner. In crucible a level 20 and a level 32 are exactly the same.

Got the 50 Ghosts and Salvage trophies today. 

Not sure if this was mentioned already, but DestinyGhostHunter is the best place to find ghosts. It tells you which ghosts you have/haven't found, and where they're located with pictures and videos. 3 of us got it done in about an hour. We needed 10-15 ghosts a piece.

I only need 2 more trophies to get the Platinum. But I doubt I'll ever get Flawless Raider, and so I'll obviously never get the "Get all trophies" trophy.

• Like 1

If you ever want to go for flawless raider on VoG or CE normal modes, I'm down, just let me know.

Just realized that I'm close to platinum also. I have to do the flawless raider, the clan raid and strike, dead ghosts, salvage, and level a warlock subclass.

Now I remember why I don't play with random people anymore.  

Got invited to a fireteam to beat The Summoning Pits by a random dude and I figured why not.  He's the kind of conservative player that likes to just chill right at the doorway and peg Phogoth with sniper rounds all day.  He apparently didn't like my, ahem, more reckless style of play.  Takes about 45 minutes to kill him because I'm basically doing it myself and right as I drop the last super to kill him, the little fucker kicks me from the firetime and sends a message 5 seconds later that just says "U SUCK".

So now I'm hunting ghosts because I'm too annoyed to get paired up with more randoms for strike playlists. 

Some good news for a change, finally got my first chest piece from Crota's End.  Surprisingly enough, I got the Ice Breaker for beating Crota this time as well, which threw me for a loop as I just bought it from Xur.  I literally stopped playing for a week after going into a rage about the random drops.  It's almost like Bungie and Destiny were listening to my rants online.  

I still feel the algorithms are shit and there just needs to be a better system for getting the better loot.  Either way, I'm happy I finally got some of the gear I've been wanting.  The Ice Breaker is seriously awesome.  It's power is unbelievable.  If I could buy and own any replicas of weapons in the game, I would want like the Mythoclast and the Ice Breaker.

Shows how little I pay attention anymore - no idea Iron Banner was coming back

Of course - ranking reset again so IB can go fuck itself

Weekly/Nightfall is Omnigul - Nightfall has no burns (Angry/Lightswitch/Juggler)

Got the 50 Ghosts and Salvage trophies today. 

Not sure if this was mentioned already, but DestinyGhostHunter is the best place to find ghosts. It tells you which ghosts you have/haven't found, and where they're located with pictures and videos. 3 of us got it done in about an hour. We needed 10-15 ghosts a piece.

I only need 2 more trophies to get the Platinum. But I doubt I'll ever get Flawless Raider, and so I'll obviously never get the "Get all trophies" trophy.

I have found all of the ghosts in the game. Some of the places that the hide them are totally ridiculous.

Didn't get on it as much as i normally do last week but got a good session in over the weekend and again tonight. We're 3 for 3 on Nightfall for the past 3 weeks now. Its just a case of taking your time during the level then finding that perfect spot for the boss fights and grinding it out.

Finally managed to do the first part of Crota's End with the 2 of us (and once we figured it out it seems easy now) and what do i get at the check point? more ascendant materials i cant use. My friend did get some raid gloves though so that's progress i guess. Is it possible to do the bridge and sword guys/ogres with 2 people or are we just deluding ourselves now?

Brought Icebreaker from Xur, i am very happy with this purchase.

Achieved a helmet from Crota and I now have my first full Raid gear set.  With my Exotic helmet, I now have my first level 32 character.  

I also got an exotic heavy machine gun called the thunderlord during a random Crucible play.  That was a little weird.

• Like 3

I've been trying to get my hunter to 32 for the last few weeks on normal mode and could never get the chest or helmet. Did hard mode tonight and got the helmet so I can be 32 now if I wear one of my exotic chest pieces. Hope I get the raid chest piece next week so I don't have to wear one of those though. Oh and my helmet I got replenishes health with orb pickup which is a random perk on raid helmets so I'm happy I got lucky with that.

Basara you got radiant materials not ascendant materials and you will need plenty of those. Raid armor takes 21 radiant shards to max out one piece and raid weapons take 18 radiant energies a piece.

You can do Iron Banner this week if you're desperate for gear that will help get you to 32. They have gloves and boots. You need to get rank 3 to buy the gloves, and rank 4 for the boots. But you'll still need to do the raid for the chest piece or helmet. I would try to finish Crota's End before you attempt IB though, if only because ranking up in IB is very time consuming. 

I got exactly what I needed tonight. Raid boots for my alt. I'll have a second 32 in a couple of days. This will force me to play Destiny, because besides tonight, I've been on Dragon Age for the past few days.