DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Focus on killing dudes, not on points, and if you die, you die.   The guys that try too hard to be top killer always ends up screwing their own team.  They avoid death at all cost and that usually happens at the expense of the other members of the team.

Also, always keep a CQB Special Weapon handy that is appropriate for the map.   I have learned the hard way that it is wise to have a Fusion Rifle as back-up if a map isn't Sniper-Rifle friendly.

Finally at level 28.

The hold up was essentially getting enough ascendant shards to upgrading my legendary armor pieces.  I'm holding off on upgrading my Exotic chest armor because I figure the upgrades will take it a little higher toward level 29.

Getting Ascendant Shards is a bit more time consuming than I would like.  If you get Gold Tier on a public event you are pretty much guaranteed to get like 1 or 2.  

JT is trying to convince me to buy the Chest Armor since he says it looks like Shepard's N7 armor.

I did buy an engram and got a bad ass cloak thingy for my Warlock though

Now IF SOMEONE WOULD JUST HAVE SOME GOD DAMN FUSION RIFLES!!!

The guys that try too hard to be top killer always ends up screwing their own team.  They avoid death at all cost and that usually happens at the expense of the other members of the team.

Unless you are playing Clash/Team Deathmatch, where the object of the game is to kill and not die.  Kills=points for your team, Deaths=points for the other team. 

Rippa, keep a check with the gunsmith.  He does sell them every now and then, just be sure to note when his stock resets, and go check at that time.

I've also heard whispers of another farming spot...but you wouldn't be interested in any of that farming nonsense, would you?

Hey - I farmed a little the last time.

It was more at the time the original was happening - I didn't feel strong enough to help out.

Or I was punching dudes in the face in the Crucible

Anybody down for doing daily and weekly heroics on PS4? Right as I'm just getting into Destiny, my friends are getting out of it. I'm still not totally used to this game, but I enjoy it.

don't know what happened there. Im on ps4 most nights but from UK so times aren't always great

Finally at level 28.

The hold up was essentially getting enough ascendant shards to upgrading my legendary armor pieces.  I'm holding off on upgrading my Exotic chest armor because I figure the upgrades will take it a little higher toward level 29.

Getting Ascendant Shards is a bit more time consuming than I would like.  If you get Gold Tier on a public event you are pretty much guaranteed to get like 1 or 2.  

A guy I ran through the Nightfall with this morning got 9 ascendent shards after we finished.  The other guy got some exotic gauntlets.  And I got a legendary rocket launcher that I already had lol.  So I broke it down for energy.  Oh well.  At this point I have a legendary rocket launcher for each element so that's pretty good. 

I bought the Titan chest piece from Xur because I love the perks it has.  I use the shit out of grenades and I'm using a hand cannon loadout mostly now.  I just need to find a good legendary helmet that I like so I can replace this exotic one I have leveled up before I can equip my new exotic chest piece.  I also spent my motes on the chest piece engram with full intention of breaking it down for shards.  It also levels the shit out of the cryptarch when he decrypts an exotic.  It decrypted into a warlock piece anyway. 

Xur has the Exotic Gunslinger helmet that I hate and the weapon of the week is a fucking Rocket Launcher.  Why pay for an Exotic Heavy Weapon when I can get this bounty done and earn one for almost free?

For one, that's just you.  I'm at level 28 and have yet to receive one exotic bounty.  But personally I wouldn't get that rocket launcher anyway.  The Gjallerhorn on the other hand...

• Like 1

I don't even know why I received an exotic bounty. Not like it matters because it's about fucking impossible.

Like all the loot drops it's completely random.  Some people have said you're more likely to get them if you turn in four or five vanguard bounties at once but it's just random.  Obviously the more bounties you do the greater the odds are of getting one.  I just haven't gotten lucky.  But to be honest there aren't any exotics I really have my eye on besides Gjallerhorn.  I'm happy with my Suros and Icebreaker.  Can only use one at a time anyway.  I hear the one Xur has now is great for PVP because it follows who you fire it at. 

I don't even know why I received an exotic bounty. Not like it matters because it's about fucking impossible.

I turned in 3 bounties at once and got an exotic bounty. Complete 5 strikes without dying. FML.

I finished the Thorn bounty earlier this week and very early yesterday morning I turned in a bunch of bounties and had the option to choose another bounty for either Thorn, Bad Juju, and the Invective shotgun. 

I'm not a cutter, so I didn't choose to go with Thorn again.  No sense in putting myself through that much aggravation twice in one week.  I chose the Invective, completed one strike, and probably won't have time to work on it any further until Monday evening.

Well this has been a productive hour so far

First - the Gunsmith FINALLY HAD FUCKING RARE FUSION RIFLES!!! So I blew all my glimmer on that part of the exotic bounty. Of course now I have to go into the Night Fall strike and try and kill dudes with my shitty blue Fusion rifle.

Got 3 bounties I could stack and while doing them did the Walker public event twice

Plus since I hit Dead Orbit rank 4 - they gave me an Ascendent Shard and Energy AND a Legendary Scout Rifle that I like better than the one I currently have.

So I am sure I will get destroyed in the Crucible later since my good fortunate wont hold out