DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

PS3. I work from home at least half the week, but it's hard for me to focus when it's quiet, so I'll fire up Netflix to provide some background noise in my home office area.

The PS4 is in the basement where the surround sound won't bother anyone sleeping and where my "WHAT?!" or "OH COME THE FUCK ON" or "FUCKING BULLSHIT" sound less insane.

• Like 1

The Devil you know hasn't got shit on Hawkmoon. Just saying.

The other night, we tried to do the Weekly Heroic strike with Cris, Havoc and me. We failed badly. Tonight, we tried it without Cris, just two of us. It worked (he's found a really good spot). We also Strike Playlist Wolf'd a couple (The Archon Priest and Devil's Lair). We're probably going to Strike Playlist* a lot more now. It's probably the most enjoyable game mode. A lot bloody better than anything to do with the Crucible. Getting those Crucible Bounties was a massive headache. For my enemies, because one of them was 20 headshot kills with a Hand Cannon.

* nb: I have Ulterior motives. I've got an Exotic Weapon Bounty that wants me to complete 25 strikes. This is in addition to the other Exotic Weapon bounty that is making me get a 25 k/d spread in Crucible - that's been as high as 12, but it's back down to 1 now.

The Devil you know hasn't got shit on Hawkmoon. Just saying.

Well...Bungie had to give you dirty Sony fans some OP weapons to fight back the darkness.(/end jealousy) 

Seriously though,  Hawkmoon is fucking TITS.  Probably the best hand cannon in the game.  I promise you I still wreck shit with my wimpy lil legendary.

Snagged the Knucklehead Helmet (Hood?) for my Hunter. 13 strange coins well spent, brought me up to 24.

Now if I could just get a legendary engram. All I get are rares. I also need 9 more rare or better fusion rifles to break down to continue my bounty for the legendary fusion rifle.

le sigh.

http://www.tentonhammer.com/guides/destiny/destiny-exotic-weapon-bounty-guide

It seems I'm doing bounties to get an Exotic Pulse Rifle, and an Exotic Shotgun. I already have an Exotic Hand Cannon, and you can only equip the one (plus I have a Legendary Shotgun* already). I might abandon both of them.

* As of earlier today, my first choice weapons are Hawkmoon, The Comedian, and Unfriendly Giant. Got the Exotic Helmet off Xur earlier as well. The only blue thing I've got left is Gauntlets - I have Legenday Arm armour off an Engram, but they're for a Hunter. And I joined the Future War Cult to get their Gauntlets (better than the Vanguard Gauntlets) eventually. Maybe the Machine Gun too, but the Rocket Launcher's my new toy right now.

http://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=12202

Patch changes coming next week.  Will supposedly fix the random encrypted Engram problem and also giving better loot rewards for the harder activities.

Freakin' FINALLY.

This may make the grind towards a Platinum more tolerable. Although completing a raid without any dying will be impossible.

Crap, every time I think I am out, something pulls me back in...

Not if everyone runs a warlock and self-revives*.  Or they have a plan and stick to it until they HAVE to change it on the fly.  Then they will need to adapt well.

The Invigorate clan completed the Raid on hard, which I wouldn't even think about attempting at this point.  If everyone on the team dies, game over screen, your ass is back in orbit.

*I dont think it counts as a death if a team mate revives you.  However if you go down for acting like an ass clown in a bad position (surrounded by 4 hallowed knights, 4 hallowed wizards, with Pfogoth doing a lipton dip on your ghost/corpse and you have to wait 30 seconds to respawn because no one can get to you, then that will count as a death.  I could be very wrong

You are wrong. Dead is dead. Anything you need any kind of revive/respawn from is a death.

I can confirm this to be true. When I did Flawless Striker trophy, the first few tries I had people I did the Devils' Lair strike with dying on me and at the end no trophy. Then I did the run without anyone dying and *ding* trophy.

So I guess the thing to hope for is for Bungie to raise the level cap by introducing more gear that goes above lvl30. Then whenever anyone does the Vault of Glass, they can cakewalk through it.

Me and Cris got the Devil's Lair with nobody dying even once ages ago. Like last week or something.

EDIT to add: This guy I met the day Destiny came out, he ended up friend requesting me because we did a couple of early missions together. He Fireteam invited me today and I figured why not and joined? Whoever was fireteam boss made us do Crucible - it was terrible, we lost. But right when it ended, I found Plan C.

The Exotic Pulse Rifle.

I now have two Exotic guns (after giving up two Exotic Weapon Bounties), and I can only equip one of them. Which will still be Hawkmoon. What should I do with Plan C?

The next patch can't come soon enough. It's getting even worse too and I'm not sure that's possible. I grabbed three blue engrams from Crucible matches last night. Where blues have been netting me some level 18 and 19 stuff, two of them were level 16 items. They may as well have just awarded me with Glimmer, Sapphire Wire and Weapons Parts just to cut to the chase.

I'm also noticing some wack ass bullshit in Crucible matches. There had to be some kind of a change to it because I'm regularly seeing guys between level 11 and 15 in there and they're running around like level 29 dudes with their abilities. One was a Hunter who was doing Blade Dancing stuff well before they should be able to have those abilities.

• Like 1

Second subclass comes unlocked on second/third characters for some reason once you have the second subclass unlocked on your first character.

I died this morning running Devil's Lair with JT and Phil (fucking captain got lucky, I promise his life ended almost the same time mine did), and I still got that vanguard bounty for completing without dying finished.*  

Save the other exotic, it may be better at range than hawkmoon, idk.  Put it in storage for a secondary character.  Break it down for parts/energy.

*I went back to orbit and spawned back in, ran smooth like it should after that. 

Nice work Craig!

Cryptarch Changes

Cayde-6 took the Cryptarch aside and showed him a sack of doorknobs. He decoded that mystery pretty quickly.
  • Legendary Engrams will always produce Legendary or better quality items, including Materials or Exotics
  • Rare Engrams will always produce Rare or better quality items
  • Rare engrams will have an increased chance to produce Legendary quality items

Activity Changes
  • Daily Heroics, Weekly Heroics, and Vanguard: Tiger Playlist activities will include Rare and Legendary Engrams in addition to their existing rewards

Item Changes
  • Ascendant materials have been promoted to Legendary to closer associate them with the gear they are used to upgrade
  • Legendary Engram items that exist in your inventory will be demoted to Rare quality when the patch goes live, so decode them while you can. But let’s be honest--even if you don’t, we all know they were blues already...

http://www.bungie.net/7_102-Patch-Preview/en/News/News?aid=12202

I want this-->Hard_Light.jpg

Edited by misanthrope304

Man, I'm trying to complete an exotic bounty and the epic mission to take out XYOR or whatever its name is be brutalizing me. Anybody on PS4 with some time on their hands able to help a brother out? I can't do seem to do it solo.

PSN: Robert_T_Pooner

Okay, yeah yeah it is.  So here's what you do:

Step 1-

Equip solar damage fusion rifle for close range shit*

When you get to the part with Pfogoth, rush out the door and hang a left.  

Step 2-

Go all the way to the end of that area where the stairs lead down to the lowered area.  DO NOT go to that lowered area!

Step 3-

Hang a left jump up on that rock and hug up to the wall to where you can drop down onto the barrier/rail and take cover behind that bigass rock.  Knights can't get you, however wizards and Xyor might.  

Step 4-

Make Xyor your bitch.

Step 5-

Make Pfogoth your bitch.

Step 6-

Dance

Step 7-

Retrieve Thorn.

I helped SaggineBo complete this bounty for Thorn the other night using this method (thanks to SlimyElbow for discovering/showing it to us, made this so much easier).

*optional