DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

I was on Cristobal's Strike Team when he was farming the Treasure Cave last night (a bunch of other people were too). Got bored and started doing patrol missions instead. No Ammo was spawning for me anywhere on Earth. Explain that.

Bungie released a broken game?

We made it to the final boss after about three hours. Everyone needed a break at that point. I got a bunch of ascendant shards. I won't get the weapon/armor until we beat the boss.

Luckily it will save the progress for a week, until it resets next Tuesday. I do worry that someone else will take my place while I'm at work tomorrow. I was running with a few guys I played crucible with during the beta, but you know how that goes.

I kept playing, started doing the queens missions, ended up getting another legendary helmet out of the one I done, I may have another one in me before the nights out but I doubt it.

I have enough vanguard marks for Dr nope, now I just need to get to rank 3... I've got almost enough strange coins for two items from our now, hopefully he brings his "A" game this weekend.

I was on Cristobal's Strike Team when he was farming the Treasure Cave last night (a bunch of other people were too). Got bored and started doing patrol missions instead. No Ammo was spawning for me anywhere on Earth. Explain that.

Bungie released a broken game?

Same thing happened to me, I went to the tower and found a new lobby, worked fine after that. Same thing happened on a patrol on the moon. You could have probably just died and respawned with ammo.

Me and Havoc were doing Queen's Bounties - we both got Kill 200 Fallen with Headshots. So we were doing Earth Patrol, and we decided to split up to find more beacons. I got a scouting one that was in the Cave where Hive spawn in Devil's Lair. Went down there and there were loads of level 20 hive (on a level 4 Patrol) and it went all the way through and came back out to the surface in a place I didn't recognise.

Then I figured, since I was already in the refinery, why not wander through the Devil's Lair footpath? The Devil Walker was in it's usual spot. It's a lot harder to fight it by yourself - it doesn't turn to look at a teammates and expose it's vulnerable flank like it does normally. 

Me and Havoc were doing Queen's Bounties - we both got Kill 200 Fallen with Headshots. So we were doing Earth Patrol, and we decided to split up to find more beacons. I got a scouting one that was in the Cave where Hive spawn in Devil's Lair. Went down there and there were loads of level 20 hive (on a level 4 Patrol) and it went all the way through and came back out to the surface in a place I didn't recognise.

Then I figured, since I was already in the refinery, why not wander through the Devil's Lair footpath? The Devil Walker was in it's usual spot. It's a lot harder to fight it by yourself - it doesn't turn to look at a teammates and expose it's vulnerable flank like it does normally. 

Yeah,the Walker shows up there in Free Roam; you need at least another player helping you so that it will turn and expose its flank.

Rippa and I wiped it out earlier this week while tracking down the Dead Ghost in that area.

Rippa and I continue to have mixed results in Crucible matches.   Yesterday was more bug than windshield, but we handed out spankings in the two victories we secured.. 

We straight up got our asses whipped in a Skirmish match.  The other team had their shit together.  Their warlock was always in a position to use a rocket launcher or Void Bomb us from above when we tried to an offensive push and the two Hunters were always moving to flank us 

Lessons learned, though.   There will be another day for TLJ.  Our tactics are always improving.

I finally got Vanguard Rank 1 and am a smidge away from getting Crucible Rank 1.  I'll probably spend tomorrow morning collecting the last few spinmetal leaves to complete a stack of 50 and I only have to get a Gold ranking in one more Public Event to finish another Vanguard bounty.

I've done a couple of the Queen's bounties, but her Level 24 special missions give me pause since the elder statesman of the 360 crew keep odd ours and our heavy hitters are still hitting that Raid, IIRC.  I will need top shelf help getting that shit done.

I was on Cristobal's Strike Team when he was farming the Treasure Cave last night (a bunch of other people were too). Got bored and started doing patrol missions instead. No Ammo was spawning for me anywhere on Earth.

I've also seen this happen.  Probably something in the code that only allows a maxumum number of objects on the terrain at one time.  

Players that exploit that glitch are unable to pick up the tons of ammo that drop in the cave when the Hive are killed and that may have something to do with the ammo drops on the rest of the map. 

Campers usually use Scout Rifles or Pulse Rifles which theoretically should leave a lot of unclaimed Special and Heavy ammo magazines littering the cave floor.

God damn. Spent another 30 minutes this morning at the Treasure Cave this morning and walked away with a couple rare guns and another Strange Coin. The biggest benefit thus far has been leveling/upgrading my gear very quickly since you don't have to be shooting down Acolytes and Thralls yourself. If they patched the Treasure Cave at this point, I probably wouldn't care since I have yet to walk away with anything Exotic or Legendary.

From here on out, I think I'm done with the Treasure Cave. It's like scratch off tickets.

And some folks have beaten The Vault of Glass in under 40 minutes.

Hey, if you were living at your parent's house surviving on vienna sausages, potato chips, and MIO, you would have beaten the Vault of Glass by now..

I am kinda proud of the fact that I do not have that kind of time.

My woman and I are headed to see the Skins / Giants game on Thursday, we have tickets for The Equalizer on Friday afternoon,, Saturday is the UFC fight, and Sunday will be a day of rest.

We will get to the Vault of Glass when we get there and Mark will die a lot.   Just like old times!

I have a feeling that my first set of Legendary gear will be Vanguard stuff.   I have no problems earning Vanguard rep.  I see a full set of Ghost Angel armor in my eventual future.

Rippa, OTOH, has the taste of PvP blood in his mouth and must have a billion Crucible Marks by now.  He will end up being decked out in Lord Shaxx's finest duds.

God damn. Spent another 30 minutes this morning at the Treasure Cave this morning and walked away with a couple rare guns and another Strange Coin. The biggest benefit thus far has been leveling/upgrading my gear very quickly since you don't have to be shooting down Acolytes and Thralls yourself. If they patched the Treasure Cave at this point, I probably wouldn't care since I have yet to walk away with anything Exotic or Legendary.

From here on out, I think I'm done with the Treasure Cave. It's like scratch off tickets.

I haven't received anything legendary from the cave.  I've gotten two legendary engrams but they ended up being rare items.  But I have gotten a few strange coins which is pretty good and the engrams level up the cryptarch which ends up giving you a package from the postmaster which can have legendary items in it.  What I like about it is you shoot at the cave for a while, then sometimes randomly they start coming out of that side door and swarming everywhere, and then you'll get a public event fairly often as well.  So you get some loot, get to kill some stuff, and get to do a public event.  But I can see where it gets boring.  I never do it for more than like half an hour so it doesn't get too boring. 

I got two legendary shotguns, a legendary gauntlet, a legendary coat, and an exotic machine gun between the treasure cave and the bonuses you get from leveling up at the cryptarch's. Granted, I've been playing far too much because I'm a brand new/unemployed teacher in a province whose teaching union was on strike. So yeah, I've been putting in time.

I haven't received anything legendary from the cave.  I've gotten two legendary engrams but they ended up being rare items.  But I have gotten a few strange coins which is pretty good and the engrams level up the cryptarch which ends up giving you a package from the postmaster which can have legendary items in it.  What I like about it is you shoot at the cave for a while, then sometimes randomly they start coming out of that side door and swarming everywhere, and then you'll get a public event fairly often as well.  So you get some loot, get to kill some stuff, and get to do a public event.  But I can see where it gets boring.  I never do it for more than like half an hour so it doesn't get too boring. 

Crap. I forgot about that! The public events. I've had those pop twice in one farming session. They're also incredibly easy to hit gold on, which means you get some really good shit.

Hrmm...maybe I will keep doing short farming sessions.

Speaking of Public Events, my friend here at the office decided he was going to work on the Queen of the Reef bounty where you had to defeat three Fallen walker tanks.  He figured that since he'd gotten Gold for the PE in the Cosmopolis, it'd be an easy thing since he helped down a half-dozen of those things.

Not so simple...  In order to get credit for defeating a Walker tank, you apparently have to be the one to score the kill shot.  Helping to bring one down doesn't count.

He abandoned the Bounty and got the one for Ether Drops.

Had a shaky night, even had to go so far as reset my router after getting hit with bee, lion, and then centerpiece (error codes with bounties servers). I almost had static ip's and port forwarding set up for my 360 and laptop until my laptop shit the bed with updates and I couldn't log back into my router.

Once I was able to log in though:

Finally made it through the weekly heroic strike (the summoning pits, and lemme tell y'all, it's a mother fucker on heroic) then farmed in old Russia to get my vanguard rank up to 2. I picked up the ghost angel legendary chest armor for my Hunter. I even went underground where the first boss stage (even though it's not really a boss, just captains and wizards) of the devil's lair strike happens and found fucking ton of level twenty enemies. I nearly had another vanguard bounty completed (majors or ultrasound) after I came out the other side and found even more of those fuckers.

Oh yeah, I maxed out the blade dancer subclass, started back to work on the gunslinger.

AxB, if you keep going around where you came out on the surface (from going underground during the first boss/waves of the devil's lair) it takes you over to the area where the boats/ships are broken apart.  Bungie should make the higher level players that are doing patrol missions go into these areas and sweep & clear them.  

*edit*  I just noticed the auto-correct fail on describing the 10 hive majors or "ULTRAS" bounty.  Things slip by me when I've stayed up all night after work playing this game.  I'm getting old, look over me

Edited by misanthrope304

So apparently if you complete a queens wraith bounty it will unlock a queens wraith story mission and that will give you a piece of legendary gear.

Yep.  I have done three bounties and have three missions queued up for Her Blueness.

Of course it is like Level 24 mid 20's will still get smoked without a high level fireteam to drag them to victory.

It would've been really cool if maybe Bungie would've put some thought into this and came up with five or six unique encounters related to the Reef instead of sending players against old story villains like Sepkis Prime only set on OHMYFUCKINGGODTHISISHARD Mode or something..

How many times does I have to travel back in time to kill this orb, guys.  Give me new shit.  Old shit distracts from the now.

Yeah, what I read was that it's level 24 with heroic modifier on.  I will def be doing some queens wraith bounties tonight and getting into one of the story missions.  I only have one piece of legendary gear (chest armor) and have the ability to fully max it out in upgrades but I could only upgrade it twice because I need about 18 more spirit blooms.  Lame.  I don't like picking flowers. 

So apparently if you complete a queens wraith bounty it will unlock a queens wraith story mission and that will give you a piece of legendary gear.

I kept playing, started doing the queens missions, ended up getting another legendary helmet out of the one I done, I may have another one in me before the nights out but I doubt it.

Yes, I received a helmet (when I already had an upgraded one from all the ascendant shards I collected during the Vault of Glass), I need a pair of gloves, but I don't think she's giving out those...I am not impressed in the least by the queen's weapons.

again, so very close to level 27 of light...just need those gauntlets....

Mathematically speaking, I should be able to get the gloves and Dr. Nope this week.