DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Sorry Mis

Your first party invite came when I was knee deep in the final boss of a strike. And as an aside - the random dude I did it with immediately went on my preferred players list since he was all about teammate and killing shit.

The 2nd time you sent me a party invite - Xbox wouldn't let me join. I blame Bill Gates.

I will be back on after the 1 PM games. Depending on if JT is will determine if we are trying to tackle the Devil's Lair or not

It's all good, I rage quit the crucible and had to make a quick controller repair.  I had emptied a magazine into some asshole, then blink strike'd his ass before he turned and melee'd me once for the kill.  When I spawned back in they were taking B in control rather quickly, so I hopped onto my sparrow and hightailed it there.  Hit my super (bladedancer) and took out three of the bastards before the same asshole shotgunned me once as I was hitting him (and he survived to get the kill on me again).  I'm not sure where my rechargeable battery pack is now.

After that, I just went and finished my vanguard bounties from yesterday, got the ones from today and finished those before coming in to work.  

Double post.

I officially have been playing too much since i was dreaming about killing vandals and dregs by the airplanes in the cosmodrome.

Don't fret Mark, that just means you are playing the correct amount.  You have become a true guardian if even in your dreams you're vanquishing the darkness

Spoiler~¡

I didn't experience any disconnects, and my dsl connection has been fucked for months. Nat is set to moderate, haven't done any port forwarding or static ips. Just stuck the game in the tray, made a sandwich and by the time just was done eating the opening mutagenesis going.

I didn't see any server issues. Big test will probably be around 6pm-12am tonight. I'm gonna grab some sleep but Bungie has had their shit together.

I was going back through the old posts looking for the code/link to the prima guide, and noticed this...wtf...kindle autocorrect.  That's supposed to say montage...not mutagenesis

You guys want the digital strategy guide for free? Apparently Prima Games did not make individual codes for it, only one. And it can be used an infinite number of times. I hear. I haven't done this myself.

http://www.primagames.com/code

Code is: hmnr-nqd9-d8u8-ftav

I'm getting an error, says the code is invalid now.  I think I waited too long.  Oh well.  Doesn't give me an option to input any information about retailer, etc.

I am also too lazy or busy, mostly lazy, to consolidate my four recent posts into one massive post.

Edited by misanthrope304

So Bungie is 'fixing' the farming spot on Russia too? It's like they are hell-bent on anyone getting a relative advantage over anyone else or making the story missions/strikes/raids easier with this game. Farming is not cheating.

Hey Bungie: GIVE BETTER LOOT DROPS if you don't want people to farm spots or abuse glitches!

• Like 1

Agree. I feel like the only people who really get rewarded are the ones who are able to pour a large amount of time into the game and constantly grind through bounties and and missions to level up vanguard and crucible points.

fuck that, I've spent an massive amount of time playing this shit and only gotten one legendary drop *boots*.  And that was from farming on venus to beat it all...  Its very frustrating to see people who have put in half the time at a higher level because of shit loot drops I get.  I just keep on grinding on, by myself.

Eeyore.gif

Edited by misanthrope304

Its very frustrating to see people who have put in half the time at a higher level because of shit loot drops I get.  I just keep on grinding on, by myself.

Yeah, sorry about that. Although my Purple Armour I bought from Ikora, it wasn't random.

Haven't joined any of the factions yet. None of them seem to have any super-good equipment - like the armour is not as good as Vanguard Armour, and I already lucked out on Weapons.

Did a bit of Crucible to see how much I could get my K/D Spread up to. After 3 missions, I had 1 of 25. Which is odd, because the last thing I did was get killed, and I had a 0.5 K/D. I did get my 5 Post-Mortem kills bounty though.

I think people complain too much about the loot drops, Bungie may go the other way and shower you with great loot which will basically break the game.

There has to be a balance between the two. Obviously, people are seeking out exploits, glitches and farming because something in the game is not rewarding in the manner that they want. They don't want to spend almost every hour playing this -- they want to get something out of it.

Still, once you get past lvl20 and start getting equipment with light, the story missions become ridiculously easy.

You could have at tried a little harder to stay alive, man.  At least you got the Gold Loot Chest.

Rippa, Psycho Josh, and I had a nearly flawless run.  One miscue with the tank and we were resovled to just getting the chest and finishing the strike.

After getting up to level 24 without a single piece of purple equipment as of this morning, thanks to the engram-farming cave on Earth I now have 3, a sniper rifle, a rocket launcher, and boots. 2 were engrams from the cave, and 1 was part of the reward for going up a level with the cryptarch, aided by the fuckton of engrams I was giving him.

On the down side, there is no level of fuck-you-ness that is too great for the Crucible.

• Like 1

The new frustration with Crucible is getting one shotted by Level 7s and Level 8s who are clearly 2nd characters of people who are passing on better equipment.

I literally ran out of bounties last night since the only two non-crucible ones had available where for places I hadn't unlocked yet (Mars and Venus). And fuck spree bounties

Got my last three melee kills needed for a Crucible bounty this morning en route to victory.  I can now go to work with a positive mental attitude kicking ass to get the blood pumping.

I will be scarce over the weekend.  Going to Maryland on Thursday to go to the Skins / Giants game with my girlfriend and her son and will be in MD through the weekend.  Playtime will be sparse at best.

I will be on tonight and will knock out enough moon missions so that I can start doing patrols there and making Glimmer runs.

Has anyone tried the treasure cave yet?  Does it still work?

Yup, just did and I got a helmet that got me closer to lvl24. Did get a legendary engram which....gave me a rare pair of boots? WTF?

Holy crapola!  The legends of the treasure cave are real!  I got two legendary weapons and an exotic rocket launcher!

Seriously if you have some time, do a few rounds on the treasure cave.  It is the super cheap ass and easy way to get new loot.  

Just saying, doing the treasure cave yielded me more returns than the actual level 24 strike missions.

• Like 1

Second the Fuck You to Spree Bounties.  It is hard enough running and gunning with your primary weapon.

I'd love to score kills with my Heavy Weapon.  Too bad the enemy usually camps the HWA spawn points.

The thing about PvP is, it's set up to favour the dominant team. If you get kills (or avoid dying for that matter) you get your super faster. KIlling enemies with your Super creates Orbs that give your teammates their Supers, which then they use and it creates orbs you can pick up, giving you your Super back...

I've had times when a guy was wrecking everyone on my team in one round, and then they were on my team the next time and got owned hard. Because it favours the dominant team.

The thing about PvP is, it's set up to favour the dominant team. If you get kills (or avoid dying for that matter) you get your super faster. KIlling enemies with your Super creates Orbs that give your teammates their Supers, which then they use and it creates orbs you can pick up, giving you your Super back...

I've had times when a guy was wrecking everyone on my team in one round, and then they were on my team the next time and got owned hard. Because it favours the dominant team.

Dominant players are dominant because they have better gear.   Like I said earlier, stat-based PvP is unfair by design.  It will always favor the better equipped players.

And yeah, smart players will employ team synergy. 

Rippa and I got our asses handed to us last night in a Control match by a team that obviously had at least four players from the same clan on it.  They would hit supers so that their Warlock could charge up and then the Warlock would hold onto his Nova Bomb until he saw at least two players guarding a flag.  

He never killed less than two players when he used his Special and most of the time he nailed three of us at the same time.

Matchmaking has been a little better recently, but the algorithm running in the background needs to account for level and gear.  I usually make a decent accounting of myself when the playing field is level.