DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Okay, I have found and revived three Dead Ghosts in the Tower.  That brings my count up to six so far.

I seem to recall there being a fourth one that I found in the Beta.  IIRC you can't get to it unless there is an Iron Banner special event going on.

What do those grimoire cards do?

They work the same way that the Codex does in Mass Effect; they provide backstory and mythology for the game world.   I am a sucker for stuff like that sort of thing.

I think that Rippa and I are going to form a fireteam and do the first Old Russia mission on Monday night.  We will go through the area with a fine tooth comb.  No Dead Ghost or Gold Chest will escape our notice.  Stakes will be high.   If we can get through the mission without dying, that is like two or three achievements unlocked at the same time.

Hopefully Mark will be online so we can get a Holy Trinity fireteam.

Didn't play much last night, had to catch up on some sleep from playing too late the previous too nights.  Got my titan up to level 14 though and it was all through just a few crucible matches.  Much better in crucible now.  When I played crucible night before last I was absolutely atrocious. I think it had more to do with my weapons not being as upgraded because when I had my level 119 attack hand cannon last night I was laying waste to fools. 

They work the same way that the Codex does in Mass Effect; they provide backstory and mythology for the game world.   I am a sucker for stuff like that sort of thing.

I think that Rippa and I are going to form a fireteam and do the first Old Russia mission on Monday night.  We will go through the area with a fine tooth comb.  No Dead Ghost or Gold Chest will escape our notice.  Stakes will be high.   If we can get through the mission without dying, that is like two or three achievements unlocked at the same time.

Not if it's between 1500-0200. :(

You need to hurry up and join team PS4.

• Like 1

They work the same way that the Codex does in Mass Effect; they provide backstory and mythology for the game world. I am a sucker for stuff like that sort of thing.

I think that Rippa and I are going to form a fireteam and do the first Old Russia mission on Monday night. We will go through the area with a fine tooth comb. No Dead Ghost or Gold Chest will escape our notice. Stakes will be high. If we can get through the mission without dying, that is like two or three achievements unlocked at the same time.

You need to hurry up and join team PS4.

Everyone does! And use headsets. I wanna hear your sultry voices.

You've got night duty?  Crap...  I may have to engineer a sick day while Rippa "works from home..."

You've got night duty?  Crap...  I may have to engineer a sick day while Rippa "works from home..."

Once we get more tests that run 24-7, we should go back to our old schedule, where we work 12s but get days off during the middle of the week. Then, i'll have Tues and Wed off one week and Mon, Thurs and Fri off the next.

I've been playing on PS4 a bit and will do so this evening and the weekend. I'm Robert T Pooner on PSN. I am incredibly shitty at crucible, by the way. I find I'm getting one shot'ed by guys that are level 15-20 way too much, whereas I have to pepper guys with my assault rifle to even take down their shields.

Some things about this 3v3 PvP running this weekend.

1- stay close to your fire team, but not too close. You wAnt to be there to assist, but not get taken out with supers. The other team will be rolling together, your team should too.

2- sounds stupid, but you get more points for disabling than capturing on this mode. Let them cap it, go in and kill all 3 and disable their node or whatever, more points

3- if you crouch in the crucible, you will disappear from the minimap. You know the thing in the top left corner, flashes red. Yeah that tells you where the danger is.

4- Fusion rifles are spammed "toofuckingdeath" in PvP, if you haven't noticed already. One shot kills with range.

5- I watched my buddies getting purple "legendary" engrams playing the 3v3 last night, I got an upgraded set of gauntlets that had more light on them to put me up to level 21. There are good item drops in the crucible, you have a chance of getting legendary gear playing it.

• Like 1

Good lookin's out, Mis.   I am going to brave the waters of PVP one day and it is nice to know what to expect.

Nothing preps you for live fire like live fire, though.  Deathmatches PVP play is always disorientating the first time you jump in, even if it is a shooter franchise you've been playing for years.

Advantageof dicking around level 2 before beating the Archon: now doing level 3 with a level 4 character. And having level 4 weapons and more i portantly level 4 armor.

So you did the story mission, Restoration.

Did you remember to look for the Dead Ghost and the Gold Chest?  If not, hook up with Rippa and I if you see us messing about if you are online.

Advantageof dicking around level 2 before beating the Archon: now doing level 3 with a level 4 character. And having level 4 weapons and more i portantly level 4 armor.

Did you remember to look for the Dead Ghost and the Gold Chest?  If not, hook up with Rippa and I if you see us messing about if you are online.

Yes. I found 2 dead ghosts so far, one there and one in the tower. I believe i found the gold chest since on the earth screen, i think it said "1/5 gold chests" when i chose my mision.

Yes. I found 2 dead ghosts so far, one there and one in the tower. I believe i found the gold chest since on the earth screen, i think it said "1/5 gold chests" when i chose my mision.

There are five Gold Chests that you can find during the story missions and raids in Old Russia. I think that is the same principle for all of the other game maps.

IIRC in Old Russia, if you find them all in sequence so that the last one you open is the one in the Devil's Lair, the chest will give you an upgraded Sparrow.

I am going go through those maps with a fine tooth comb.

I have found thre Dead Ghosts in the Tower so far.  I think there are four but you can't get to the 4th one until there is a server event like the Iron Banenr dealie.

I found three in the intro mission so that is six for me so far.

I made the mistake earlier of roaming around instead of going straight to the mission target and went down into a catacombs (for lack of a better word) and found one of those Blood of Onyx guys. Instant death

You are not alone.  I think Rippa and I had similar experiences during the beta.  Lessons learned and not to be repeated now that there are achievements hanging in the balance.