DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Here's an easy way to level up:

I tried PvP once in this game. It was glitchy, guys were invisible and shit. But one guy on our team spent the entire thing hiding under a bridge. Every time he died, he'd just go hide again. He probably watched that video.

Played some this morning and more tonight. Really enjoy it so far. Ended up at level 10. The titan is for me for sure. Love the melee. Also what I didn't realize- when someone in your squad uses their special ability successfully it drops orbs that recharge your special ability. So when you're playing with friends it's best to coordinate those attacks.

• Like 1

Joined the PS Clan, got to level 6, played some control, was on the winning team both times, 1.13 and 1.33 K/D (which is really good for me, I'm usually REALLY bad at competitive multiplayer), and, yeah, representing the Clan adequately, I think.

Talking with my brother, who's looking to join the clan as well, we think that an organized team could destroy in multiplayer, but that's probably true of any MP game.

Got on with Havoc last night. We id some Patrol missions to get that Bounty, then went to the Moon, and he was really happy when he discovered you could ride a Pike (the enemy version of a Sparrow. It has guns. I don't know how to fire the guns. Havoc does). Role reversal from GTA - I was keeping back and getting Headshots with the Scout Rifle, he was charging in and hitting melee kills with the knife. Usually he's pure Sniper, and I'm the Run n Gun.

When you have a friend playing Destiny, and they're on the moon, it says Destiny - Earth's Moon. So can we potentially go to other Moons later on?

• Like 1

God dammit. I'm probably not going to like this answer, but if I bought the digital version of Destiny on the PS4, do I not get it for free on the PS3? Is it only if you buy it on PS3 that you get it for free on PS4?

God dammit. I'm probably not going to like this answer, but if I bought the digital version of Destiny on the PS4, do I not get it for free on the PS3? Is it only if you buy it on PS3 that you get it for free on PS4?

Yeah, Craig unfortunately I think that's the case.  Only works for trading up. 

Yeah, Craig unfortunately I think that's the case.  Only works for trading up. 

That's fucking bullshit. Had I known, I would have just bought the PS3 version. It should work both ways. I guess all I can do is hope they change it.

And the reason for my fervor is because I have a PS3 in my family room and the PS4 is in the basement entertainment area. I'm not always down there and so sometimes it's convenient to fire up the PS3 in the family room.

Only detail I didn't see is if once you upgrade to the PS4 version is if your PS3 version goes bye-bye. If that's the case, then I'm fine with this. However, it looks like you get both editions for the price of one.

I've only seen good reviews of this so far. Are there any cons to the game or anyone who doesn't like it so far?

Other than a fairly weak plot? Not from what I've seen. I strongly disliked Halo games but have been having a blast with this so far. The graphics are also way better than I remember them being during the alpha - it's right up there with Metal Gear Solid as the best looking current gen title to date.

The cons are, you can't play it offline at all, it's an FPS (which some people hate) and we've only been playing it a day so that's not long enough to start hating anything that would be merely annoying at this pint. And the default setting is Fireteams are Friend only, so if you're running around the map with some random, backing them up and helping them out, and then one of you moves into a quest area, they disappear because you aren't on the fireteam with them, and you can't join it because you're not on their friends list.

You can re-do Bounties. I did 100 Kills without dying and 100 Headshots yesterday, and it let me take them again today. 100 kills I already did, but I've only got 70-ish headshots so far.

I'm more of a co-op guy. Not into PvP most of the time, but I'd join you from time-to-time. PS4 or PS3?

I'm more of a co-op guy as well, most of my online shooter experience is with Mass Effect 3.

I'm on PS3. I'll be around tonight after 830PST, then I have two days off work, so I'll probably be on quite a lot.