DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Playing on PS3 (PSN AxBloodTheory). Loving how the bounty system incentives you to re-do the easy missions, so you can get that 100 kills without dying bonus. I was wondering why there were level 5s on a level 2 mission, now I know.

Quick question: Is Destiny cross-platform play (i.e. PS3 players can play with PS4 players and vice versa) or is it locked to each system?

EDIT: Found my answer and it's not good. Apparently you can't do cross-platform play. IF you want to get PS4 version for free with their current offer, you have to buy a digital version of the PS3 version and redeem it on your PS4 (also a digital version). It doesn't appear to work on boxed retail copies (which would have been a cool gesture). It's 2014, I don't see why cross-platform play and cross-buy regardless of method isn't in effect.

Bungie is for the fans, while Activision isn't. Two dick moves all at once. Never change Kotick, never change.

I don't think making the game play cross platform is as easy as you think. Seems like it would be pretty complicated to get PS3 and PS4s to talk to each other like that.

What do Grimoire cards actually do?

They spent $500 million on this! Why not? /firstworldproblems

Honestly, I do know that it is difficult to cross play....different handling of the network traffic on each system, not to mention that it would be a severe drop for the PS4 version to play with PS3 owners and just overall different architecture.

I may end up getting the digital PS3 version, but I really really wanted the PS4 version and its packaging. Some of you PS3 owners hurry up and buy a PS4! :D

• Like 1

This is very confusing for everyone and Bungie has not set this is up conviently, so here's the skinny: Everybody has joined the DVDR group so far, but not the DVDR clan. The only people in the clans right now are:

Playstation - Me

X-Box - misanthrope, metatext, slimyelbow (who is this?)

For everyone else, you still gotta join the clan.

Go to www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Forum/151139

Underneath our name and slogan it'll say, "Interact" "Set as Xbox Clan" "Set as Playstation Clan" and "About". Click on the set clan button of your system of choice. However, this cannot be done until play the game first and create you character.

I think I got all that right.

Thanks BigFresh.  I set it as my PlayStation clan.  

Now I have to unfortunately put Destiny aside for a couple days to enjoy the GameStop Expo.  I'm happy where I am at this point though.  I'm at level five and I feel like I am getting a better handle on some of the other weapons like the Umbra rifle.  Not fully automatic but it has some better kick to it.  The pulse rifle's charge is a bit annoying but it deals with shielded enemies pretty well.

For all the talk of 3 classes in this game, that's really not true once you hit level 15, it appears. I was just reading the abilities of all the subclasses, and the only thing any of them have in common is their movement (double jump) skill. Other than that, each subclass is COMPLETELY unique. There's really 6 classes in this game, after level 15.

Well doesn't each class have a sub-class? So if the sub-classes are very unique, that would come out to six.

Yeah. I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm surprised and impressed how different each subclass is. If their skill tree text is anything to go by. I assumed the two subclasses of Titan, for example, would have only minor differences. Doesn't seem like that's the case. It's cool.