DVDVR Message Board

2013-14 NFL Playoffs - Divisional Round

Dolfan in NYC

Yeah, thank god it's Dierdorf's last game because he can't do simple math.

I was coming to post the same exact thing.

And he won't drop the point too.

MAKE THEM RUN ONE EXACT PLAY! THAT WILL SHOW THEM!

Indeed. Getting tackled on the two yard line at this stage of the game sounds like a ridiculous idea. Unless you make some amazing defensive play you're giving up 3 at least.

Giving up the safety and making the Colts come back down the field at the end of the half would seem the smarter play and the lesser of two evils.

A whole ton of WTF plays there!

Yeah, I think he's forgetting you get 3 points for a FG or 7 for a TD.

Unless he's just assuming Indy scoring after the free kick is a fait accompli.

EDIT: and now he's saying "there's two schools of thought" which means someone probably clued him in during commercial

Yeah the safety bounce was honestly the best possible outcome for New England there.

They can bounce if they want to. They can leave their friends behind.

You know that bounce isn't as safe as they made it seem?

Dierdorf just tried to argue giving up a field goal would have been better than a safety.

Becuz concussions I guess.

He's old enough to have actually SEEN Super Bowl VII so he thinks every attempt by a kicker/punter to throw the ball will end as disasterously as that play, perhaps.

I suppose technically the punter attempting to turn that play into an incomplete pass does increase, ever so slightly, the odds of the worst case scenario (for the Pats) of a Colts TD on the blocked punt.

Alternate theory:  "It's my last game; Fuck It"

You know he walked into the dressing room with that bow tie and basically demanded they let him wear it. No way that was a planned ensemble.

Also, did I spot Tavares Jackson's locker behind Russell Wilson? He's still in the league? I would've thought he was a Winnipeg Blue Bomber by now...