DVDVR Message Board

Fantasy Book Comics!

Buy Me a Burrito

Okay this may be a bit of an obtuse topic, but it boils down to a something that I have always wanted to do but will probably never be able to.

I've wanted to write a Series similar in feel to DC's Starman for the Marvel character Nighthawk. On my PC at home I have 72 issues, a few annuals and even some one-shots (as well as a three issue Spider-Man/Nighthawk team-up that acts as a prequel to the series) of this story, that culminates into a Defenders relaunch. It became a minor obsession at one point.

Now seeing as how I am no artist and I lack the funds to pay one, this story is never going to see the light of day.

Does anyone else have anything like this? Am I crazy? What do I do with plots for nearly 96 comics that'll never be made?

I still say that Traitor storyline for X-Men should have had Rogue be the traitor. If you consider when she joined the team, having Rogue as Mastermind's "Ace In The Hole" made perfect sense. Hypnotize her to join the X-Men (as well as Mystique, thus explaining the weird dreams she was having during the "From The Ashes" arc). I just seemed so perfect that eventually his programming would wear off and Rogue would betray the X-Men and become one of their ultimate foes. Instead she ends up being one of the worst written characters in comics for 30 years.

James

Fantasy book comics?

It turns out everything that has happened since Identity Crisis is a horrible alternate reality created by Parallax, and he will eventually be defeated by Wally West, restoring a DCU that isn't fucking terrible.

• Like 1

Also, I wrote a Captain America fan series for a while back in the mid-late-90s that has thankfully disappeared from the web.  It ran about 36 issues, and was not very good.

We need to find that.

If I recall correctly, I brought back Bucky and had him be a lackey of the Red Skull before Cap saved him.  He turned out to be an LMD and died taking a bullet from the Scourge.  Then in the third issue...

• Like 1

I had this idea for a sci-fi male female private eye team.  Except they aren't really private eyes, they are really just two people who are willing to do just about anything for a pay day.  It takes place in the far future where humanity is starting to move forward in evolution.  About one out of 150 people are born with some sort of power.  Our heroes happen to be two of the most powerful psis in the world (the evolution takes place on the 23rd cromosome psi is the 23rd letter in the greek alphabet)  and they use their powers to scheme, con, and do anything else to complete their cases.  I kind of think of them as a combo of Kenzie and Genarro mixed with Han and Chewie.  It starts at the funeral of our female lead's(Arianne Moreau) father's funeral.  She walks into his apartment to find him beheaded and they assume that he was killed as revenge for one of their many transgressions.  Basically in the process of solving the case, they learn more about where they come from (they are both orphans, Arianne's father is her adoptive father) and how basically everthing that has happened in their lives has been manipulated by an unexpected higher power.

When I was 13 or 14 I created this comic called Invader X, about a human who gets forcibly decapitated by a giant robot and has his head attached to an alien body. Somehow that was advantageous to the aliens and he became their secret weapon, locked in an iron mask so not even he would know his secret.

He looked like Cable and Dr. Doom's retarded butt baby and had Grifter hair sticking out of the mask.