DVDVR Message Board

Purotopia Catch-All Thread 2014

Graham Crackers

"Yesterday (October 22nd) was 12 years to the day that I was injured. The doctor told me "Please prepare to be bedridden for the rest of your life". When I was told that, I could not believe it honestly. Although I spent three months not knowing my body was there. It is despairing. There was one or two times I went beserk and used abusive language towards the nurses. I could not stop crying. I wanted to die. But now, I am sincerely glad to be alive from the bottom of my heart. There is plenty of serious things now of course, but when compared to the suffering I went through in those days, I would not change anything now. Five years is clearly visible which was not visible three years ago. (He's not specific in this but he's talking about being able to walk without any assistance on his own.) I would like to convey gratitude from the bottom of my heart to those who are aiding, those who support, and all the people I have encountered, and want to convey my sincerity. Thank you again! I will continue working hard and shouting these words "Lets have some fun!" (Hayabusa's catchphrase he would do after every show). I would like to ask you for your throughness of consciousness improvement so that an accident like I or Mr. Misawa does not occur again." - Hayabusa 10/23/13

Not sure Misawa is the same thing. Misawa was crazy wear and tear not an accident. That being said I still feel bad for Hayabusa. He loved wrestling and his career was only getting better. I know we have a couple big fans here, fantasy book me Hayabusa not getting injured. Does he stay Indy? Does he sign with a bigger company?

I asked Hayabusa back in 2008 where he would be wrestling if he was not injured he said Dragon Gate probably but he didn't seem to have put much thought into it and he was getting a paycheck from them at the time. I asked the same question in 2012 and he did not know.

If FMW were to have still ended with Hayabusa still wrestling than the most logical route would be he goes to WMF possibly starts it instead of Gannosuke and if that ends the same way it did probably leaves when the promotion shrinks in 2004 or shrinks even more in 2005 and goes to Dragon Gate and is one of the top guys there because of name value/having more seniorship/all the wrestlers there idolizing him growing up.

Thing about Hayabusa is he would want to be the star of the promotion. Most hate the Entertainment era of FMW but not Hayabusa. He enjoyed that time because he was the star of the promotion and not Onita and was no longer in Onita's shadow or expected to wrestle the hardcore style too much which didn't really fit what he preferred. I asked him if he would want to be in New Japan right now if he were wrestling because he is good friends with Jado and Gedo. He said no and it was a very "noooo way" tone because he knows he would never be a top star in New Japan.

So it's a lot of what if's but it's either Dragon Gate, freelance, or his own promotion. Although he doesn't really think too much about the what if's himself.

• Like 1

I didn't mean he's a huge fan of Sports Entertainment. I just mean he went along with Kodo Fuyuki's movement for a change cause it allowed him to be the star that he had wanted to be without being in the shadow of Onita and not expected to fill the role of Onita any longer. Ricky Fuji told me that Ezaki was telling everyone back then he was going to be the star of the promotion after about a year or two in the height of Onita's popularity. It didnt matter what kind of style FMW was as long as he was the star of it that's what mattered the most.

new AJPW card may as well be entitled the "SO MUCH FOR 'RETIREMENT' TOUR 2013":

AJPW "ANNIVERSARY TOUR 2013", 27.10.2013
Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan

0. KENSO vs. Mr. 450
1. Hikaru Sato & Masao Inoue vs. Kazushi Miyamoto & Nobutaka Araya
2. Dory Funk Jr. & Terry Funk vs. Osamu Nishimura & Masanobu Fuchi
3. Joe Doering & James Raideen vs. D-Lo Brown & Bambi Killer
4. All Asia Tag Team Title: Kotaro Suzuki & Atsushi Aoki © vs. Shigehiro Irie Posted Image & Keisuke Ishii Posted Image
5. AJPW World Jr. Heavyweight Title: Yoshinobu Kanemaru © vs. SUSHI
6. Jun Akiyama & Takao Omori vs. Go Shiozaki & Kento Miyahara
7. Triple Crown: Suwama © vs. Akebono

the Funks being there will probably get all the attention but personally I'm more excited about the return of Nobutaka Araya.

A twenty minute draw at that.

Also, this barely even looks like Nobutaka Araya. Without the hair and probably 40 lb or more lighter, he looks like Yuichi Taniguchi from BJW because of the singlet. (He shaves his head sometimes.)
Posted ImagePosted Image