DVDVR Message Board

Purotopia Catch-All Thread 2014

Graham Crackers

I'm not sure Hayashi needs much more experience, unless you just meant the whole roster.

Yeah guys like Hayashi & Kondo fall into the letting them earn camp. Guys like Sanada, KAI, and Yamato would fall into the getting more experience side.

Kota Ibushi has signed a new 3-year contract with DDT and a 1-year deal with NJPW, making him an official member of both companies. He'll be splitting his time between the two going forward.

This brings up a question that I've had for a while, how do Puro contracts work?  Ibushi is signed to both DDT and NJPW, Marufuji was NJPW Jr. Heavyweight champion for a while, while still working for NOAH.  Are the companies generally in good standing with each other and find that allowing their workers to wrestle in other companies good for business as a whole?  Are the workers just contractors that can essentially freelance?  If that is the case why don't we get more heavyweight  crossover?  Why can't we get more Hayato Jr. Fujita in NJPW?  I watch puro here and there, but I really have no idea how the actual companies work hopefully one of you guys can enlighten me.

some promotions work together and are happy to lend out their talent, others don't work together as much. Dragon Gate is quite isolationist for instance.

With Fujita, I know he's 100% loyal to M-Pro and probably could have joined New Japan in 2010 if he wanted. Surprised he hasn't done a BOSJ in a few years.

Dragon Gate used to work with a lot of groups, but I guess they've progressively gotten more isolationist since splitting with Ultimo years back.

Eh, they're not that isolationist

DG ran a bunch of joint shows with DDT not that long ago, they used to work a lot with NOAH until they had a falling out with KENTA I guess, did that interpromotional feud with Osaka Pro a year or 2 back, they've loaned guys to NJPW for the BOSJ a few times in the last few years, etc....

On a related note, how did it come about that All Japan put the All Asia belts on Sekimoto and Okabayashi?  I guess I don't see how a 'bigger' company like All Japan would want to work with Big Japan, although I guess one could say the same about New Japan and DDT.  I just found it weird watching on Youtube a match where Sekimoto and Okabayashi defended the belts on a Big Japan show against the Brahman Brothers.

He's not really viewed all that much differently than he is in the states since he is mostly known for his work in the states. I'm sure the same as Paul Diamond would be. He would be known more for his AWA work than WCW.

Kodo Fuyuki hated Pat Tanaka though for some reason though even though he worked a tour with FMW while Fuyuki was in charge.

He's not really viewed all that much differently than he is in the states since he is mostly known for his work in the states. I'm sure the same as Paul Diamond would be. He would be known more for his AWA work than WCW.Kodo Fuyuki hated Pat Tanaka though for some reason though even though he worked a tour with FMW while Fuyuki was in charge.

didn't he show up in NJ Juniors for a while in 2001?

Pat Tanaka did not work the Juniors Tournament in June 2001. He worked FMW in January 2001 and was running a wrestling school in Missouri back around then. Also Shiraishi admitted he tried to sign Kota Ibushi to All Japan but Takagi refused to allow it. Speculation is he's going to go after Sekimoto and Okabayashi under the same "you are contracted to us and your home promotion" deal

Thanks man.

Also, I just read a recap of Straight Shootin with Liger. Some cool stuff. I always wanted this dvd, I guess I don't need it now

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/video_reviews/33743/The-Furious-Flashbacks-%C3%B1-Straight-Shootin-With-Jushin-Liger.htm

Any DVD with a foreign guy isn't worth buying. You have to listen to a translator and reading a transcript of it works out much better.