DVDVR Message Board

AEW - APRIL 2024

7 minutes ago, Craig H said:

It’s a really good interview, but whatever. Formulate your own narrative. Shill or not, there’s no bias on Ariel’s end.

A lot of people have issues where they worked.  We don't need to hear about them.  To this day, Mercedes and Trinity never said a word about what really transpired with WWE management. People have tried to paint the picture of a lot of different things including veiled racism from a producer but we don't know the actual story and we might not ever hear about it. 

Punk on the other hand calls up a guy who has a personal beef with Tony Khan and they sit around and giggle about all the dirty laundry.  That's all there is to it. 

• Like 8

I think since Brawl Out I started thinking that TK is a lot like a manager in baseball. Starts out great, a player’s manager. Player’s managers don’t stay effective for that long decades of roster change and changing dynamics and the ups and downs of a season become more and more taxing. This interview and really the last year cement that. I appreciate all TK has done, I still really like AEW, but I’m not going to pretend AEW doesn’t have major issues once TK ran out of runway, went through all of the booking ideas he had cooked up for years, and then also had to start catering to more and more new hires.

Can he right the ship on his own to make the week to week must watch TV? I really don’t know. I sure hope so because I’ve seen the alternative in TNA with bringing in booking help and it fails more than it succeeds.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

A lot of people have issues where they worked.  We don't need to hear about them.  To this day, Mercedes and Trinity never said a word about what really transpired with WWE management. People have tried to paint the picture of a lot of different things including veiled racism from a producer but we don't know the actual story and we might not ever hear about it. 

Punk on the other hand calls up a guy who has a personal beef with Tony Khan and they sit around and giggle about all the dirty laundry.  That's all there is to it. 

You didn’t even watch it, supposedly, so how would you fucking know? I swear, you are quite possibly the dumbest motherfucker on here. Most of the time a lot of us just look the other way when it comes to your borderline creepy infatuation with Mercedes and the other dumb shit you say, but other times it’s worth calling out and venting about it. The entire program has interviews with order wrestlers and fighters because, huh, weird, there is a pretty big show coming up. 

But like I said and as you just showed us, formulate your own narrative.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Yeah, but that's not what he's saying/implying.  He's saying that Tony's niceness has been exploited and that guys are out of control.  And when he asked him to correct a situation with an employee that's out of control, he didn't know what to do.  

TK may be fun to work for, but that doesn't mean you're gonna like who you're working with. 

Thanks for clarifying!

It's also pretty funny that Punk is complaining about how AEW apparently felt betrayed that Punk showed up backstage in WWE.  Wasn't the original wedge between him and Cabana that Punk got angry about Cabana showing up at a WWE event?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Craig H said:

You didn’t even watch it, supposedly, so how would you fucking know? I swear, you are quite possibly the dumbest motherfucker on here. Most of the time a lot of us just look the other way when it comes to your borderline creepy infatuation with Mercedes and the other dumb shit you say, but other times it’s worth calling out and venting about it. The entire program has interviews with order wrestlers and fighters because, huh, weird, there is a pretty big show coming up. 

You are an obsessed Punk fanboy and always have been.  You can call me a Mercedes stan all you want.. do I look like it bothers me?  What's weird about it is that I'm not allowed to be a big fan of a woman's wrestler....why because she's a woman? That's exactly why and it's embarrassing for someone who claims to be progressive.  There was nothing in my post that wasn't a fact.  

2 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Thanks for clarifying!

It's also pretty funny that Punk is complaining about how AEW apparently felt betrayed that Punk showed up backstage in WWE.  Wasn't the original wedge between him and Cabana that Punk got angry about Cabana showing up at a WWE event?

It's also funny that he said he wouldn't talk to Cabana without a lawyer before the scrum, at the scrum said his door is always open to talk to anyone, the Bucks and Kenny come to talk to him - with a lawyer! - and a fight somehow starts.

Not like funny ha ha, but funny "uhhhhh".

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

I still think about that story Cody told about Punk proclaiming himself “locker room leader” and guys like Booker T and Randy Orton laughing in his face. There was the “what would harley race do” talking point when he did Colt’s podcast. Then there’s all the getting pissy about guys not taking his unsolicited advice. It’s no coincidence that he’s spending so much time at the PC now. That dude needs to believe he’s a cornerstone of the business. It’s not at all surprising that he can’t fathom that he might bear some responsibility for what happened at All In. I’m gonna take what he said about the events of that day with a grain of salt.

Am I being willfully obtuse? Probably. It’s no secret I don’t like pretentious people. I think it says a lot about how Phragile Philliam is that the “diy punk rock” guy got so ass-hurt over AEW talent not wanting advice they didn’t ask for. This is a guy who says “if you have a problem, come find me,” then sucker punches someone who did exactly that. It’s all deep seeded insecurity hidden behind a thick veil of aloof arrogance.

In this same Helwani interview he says it was all Nick Khan who made the decision to bring him in. If that’s true, it’s telling that no one in wwe who’d ever worked with him before reached out about working there. Fuck that dude. Fuck his self righteous bullshit, too…

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

You are an obsessed Punk fanboy and always have been.  You can call me a Mercedes stan all you want.. do I look like it bothers me?  What's weird about it is that I'm not allowed to be a big fan of a woman's wrestler....why because she's a woman? That's exactly why and it's embarrassing for someone who claims to be progressive.  There was nothing in my post that wasn't a fact.  

I’m an obsessed Punk fanboy? That must be why I’ve had little positive to say about the guy for the last year, in particular his first promo in WWE. But there you go, forming your own narrative based on the bullshit in your brain. 

Two other things and then I have to put your shit on ignore because, my god, you are dense. First, if you think that’s the part that is weird about the Sasha stuff and not the, you know, always coming in for extended arguments literally every time her name is mentioned like you have an alert setup for it then I can’t help you. Second, the majority of your post…ISN’T A FACT! You just said you wouldn’t be watching or listening to the interview and then decided to just make up a bunch of stupid shit because it’s what you firmly believe happened. That’s not a fact. That’s living in your own world.

23 minutes ago, Craig H said:

BAH GAWD SOMEBODY STOP THE DAMN POST THIS MAN HAS A FAMILY

15 minutes ago, Just Dave said:

It’s no coincidence that he’s spending so much time at the PC now.

Well there are a lot of hot younger female workers for him to rub elbows and take pics with

(in all seriousness a middle aged famous wrestler, with a rumored history of womanizing, ostensibly hanging out with nothing but the 20something women in the training center is creepy as fuck, gives me "grown ass man hanging out by the high school" vibes)

Edited by Technico Support
  • Haha 6

5 minutes ago, Stefanie Sparkleface said:

It's also funny that he said he wouldn't talk to Cabana without a lawyer before the scrum, at the scrum said his door is always open to talk to anyone, the Bucks and Kenny come to talk to him - with a lawyer! - and a fight somehow starts.

Not like funny ha ha, but funny "uhhhhh".

I also enjoy him confronting Perry on "dumb internet shit" like Punk didn't build a whole career on dumb internet shit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

First, if you think that’s the part that is weird about the Sasha stuff and not the, you know, always coming in for extended arguments literally every time her name is mentioned like you have an alert setup for it then I can’t help you. 

This is a discussion board. If someone is posting bullshit about one of my favorite wrestlers and that's what it usually is....bullshit.... then why wouldn't I reply to it.  Why wouldn't I say "well...actually..."  

Sorry if that bothers you so much but that's what the place is for.  To have discussions.  Again. your issue is more the fact that she's a woman and you think because she's a woman that I can't just be a huge fan of her character and wrestling matches.  

Also, I don't care if you put me on ignore, I didn't ask to have a conversation with you ever...  

There’s a lot of good and not good in that interview, the not good being Punk making himself look like a calm and rational angel when it came to all of the Jack Perry stuff. I feel like when he talks about his side of things that’s how he would have preferred to handle it, but there’s a decent chance that’s not the reality. I won’t even put all the blame on Punk though because he nailed it with TK that TK doesn’t want to be a boss or isn’t an effective boss. Some of the other not good stuff was constantly talking about not wanting to get in trouble and Ariel finally goes, who are you going to get in trouble with and Punk is like, ok, that’s true. He’s done this so often where he talks like he doesn’t want to get himself in trouble but he has no problem just completely going off during the scrums. The other stuff with him constantly saying he doesn’t want to get other people in AEW in trouble because they’re friends with Punk is pretty laughable because everyone there knows who is friends with Punk and one of them, Darby, was just in the main event at one of their biggest shows and moments.

The good stuff or fascinating stuff were the mechanics to his return to WWE, how it felt like Nick was putting this into motion as far back as 2020, how this probably wouldn’t have happened without Nick, and what his relationship is like with HHH and others. The revealing stuff about AEW is interesting because yeah, I don’t think he’s wrong, too much of the time AEW is booked to just put on great matches which is fine at a lower level but on national tv it isn’t as effective. However, to that end, AEW is also suffering from WWE finally being a fully functioning machine again with Vince out of the way. But if the quality in WWE TV declines then I’ll be curious to see what happens with AEW.

• Like 2

Mr. Workers' Rights talking about how wrestlers should still be paid based on houses (which, even in the best of times, was likely a scam based on a little something I like to call Carny Math) is certainly a choice.  First crab out of the pot, pulling the ladder up, getting more conservative as you get older, etc.  But hey, he wears reproductive rights T shirts sometimes, right?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, John from Cincinnati said:

He wished everyone well, why are people so upset? He was just being polite and not no-commenting Ariel for ninety minutes! He knows Ariel doesn’t like that! 

Rage is the entire basis of the internet. Our thirsts are unquenchable and yet we must drink!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I don't want to formulate my own narrative as much as I want to control it.

Careful. That’s how you become friends with weirdos like EC3.

I'm watching Twitter clips of this right now.  It's exactly what I said it was.  Punk airing out every bit of dirty laundry he has about the Jungle Boy situation and then firing little childish digs at Tony Khan about how to run a business.  What business has Punk ever run?  

Anyway, it's what I expected.  Punk fans will jump off bridges to defend this but it's exactly what I would expect from the man. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheVileOne said:

CM Punk on his "professionalism" during The Hangman incident:

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1774877570544324975

I’m taking Page in that fight. Philliam has never picked a fair fight in his life. If he really wanted a piece, he could’ve gotten one backstage any time…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Craig H said:

the not good being Punk making himself look like a calm and rational angel when it came to all of the Jack Perry stuff

Every single time.  There's a link a few posts above to him discussing how calm, rational, and professional he was in dealing with the Hangman issue, as if the scrum never happened.  In all seriousness, as someone who has dealt with some psychological issues in life, once you've started figuring out your own shit, it becomes glaringly obvious when someone else is dealing with some undiagnosed shit.  In my humble opinion as a dude just trying to get through life, just based on how Punk presents himself, this dude is a massive narcissist who has never devoted a nanosecond to wondering if he might possibly be the problem, has never once thought about how his own shortcomings might contribute to these issues.  Everything he does is right because he is the hero of his own story and can never be wrong.  Every single interview about these situations, he's the most professional, rational, and correct person involved.  It's fucking wild, dude.  Have some fucking humility.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1