DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 4/1 - 4/7/2024 - Although We've Come To The End of the Road...

They're doing an 8 week tournament to crown the champion (how is it not called the King of Speed title?) and after that...what? Just a title defense every week? A women's tourney? The contract is for 2 years of weekly episodes, but at least so far there's no room to DO anything beyond "put on the best 3m spot fest you can"

18 minutes ago, Cliff Hanger said:

They're doing an 8 week tournament to crown the champion (how is it not called the King of Speed title?) and after that...what? Just a title defense every week? A women's tourney? The contract is for 2 years of weekly episodes, but at least so far there's no room to DO anything beyond "put on the best 3m spot fest you can"

They can switch it up by putting someone like, say Ivar/Otis in there and have him murder smaller guys dead in 90-120 seconds and have someone try to figure out how to deal with this monstrous man with only 3 minutes.

3 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

They can switch it up by putting someone like, say Ivar/Otis in there and have him murder smaller guys dead in 90-120 seconds and have someone try to figure out how to deal with this monstrous man with only 3 minutes.

Speaking of...they posted another segment right after I linked the first one. (Not sure if they're doing 2 matches every week or if this was a double-length premiere) and it's Bronson Reed vs Cedric Alexander.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1775561500125446476?s=19

Ruca/Davenport ended up being a very able Face Guts It Out performance, but I am a bit disappointed because I think the story called for Fired Up Face Loses Because They Stop Themselves From Going To A Dark Place. Blair shoved nine months of Sol's life into rehab and physio - I feel like starting mad or starting cold would have been preferable to the slower build we got.

Wren continues to do lots of little things right; Grace's character work continues to delight. I hope Dolin's OK.

• Like 1

Probably the two best guys to debut the format with. It felt like I tuned into the last few minutes of a Juniors match. I want to see someone like Ivar just maul a smaller guy for three minutes.

Edit: I'm an idiot and didn't notice there was another page. I was talking about Dragon Lee/Ricochet. 

Edited by RazorbladeKiss87

It didn't dawn on me until watching this week that Wren Sinclair is Madi Wrenkowski.  I thought she showed a lot of promise when doing AEW Dark/Elevation and feel NXT is a damn fine place for her to be.

• Like 2

Y'know, it's none of my business whether celebrity couples want kids or not, but if Charlotte does she should probably take note of her husband showing up to pull a deadbeat dad's ass out of the fire instead of spending time with his poor injured wife on her birthday!

On a more serious note, this wasn't a super compelling go-home IMO. The bits with KO and Orton making fools of Logan and A-Town Down Under were cute, the tag match was pretty good, but a lot of it didn't really hold my interest. 

Lastly, why does Jey's gear have fake back pockets? Is he wearing women's pants?

• Haha 1

The matches were generally alright but nothing special. Did enjoy the battle royal. Nice to see Reed win though a part of me was hoping they would give it to Tozawa. That elimination was just sad to see since he flew right over Otis. Ivar clearly doesn't know his own strength. Andrade replacing Dragon Lee for tomorrow's lucha tag is not an upgrade which speaks more to the level of Lee's talent than anything wrong with Andrade. I feel a bit sorry for Lee since I think he earned the spot given his impressive output this last year. I thought this was mostly ok show giving last bits of build to mid card matches, but I have to agree it wasn't much, especially after Raw's strong ending.