DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 2/19 - 2/25/2024 - In Those Hollywood Nights...

Dolfan in NYC

So not only did Shotzi lose her last name, she blew her knee out doing nothing. Ooof. 

I have found a formula for when I don't need to watch an episode of NXT: multi-segment backstage interview, multiple sightings of Chase U logo, the Russian wearing a suit instead of trunks and boots. Any one of these three is a warning but a trifecta is a bonafide. 

If you would told people last year that the two main people defending the honor of wrestling would be Grayson Waller and Austin Theory they would said your lying.   Austin almost had to throw hands at a reporter.  Also what is with these Australians and thoughts on wrestling.  

4 minutes ago, hammerva said:

If you would told people last year that the two main people defending the honor of wrestling would be Grayson Waller and Austin Theory they would said your lying.   Austin almost had to throw hands at a reporter.  Also what is with these Australians and thoughts on wrestling.  

I'm not going to blame a reporter for getting a term like kayfabe wrong.  I am going to blame a reporter for thinking that trash talking a probably jetlagged, professional athlete is a good idea.

Then Australia wonders why they never get any events.

• Like 2

Just now, StuntmanCrowley said:

I think WWE should sprint, not walk to get Rollin's belt on McIntyres waist.  His current heel persona combined with holding a high belt is a perfect combo.

Agreed.

Drew McIntyre on THAT shirt:

During a recent interview with The West Sport, McIntyre opened up about how this meme t-shirt materialized. “My mate had an idea for the meme after the segment where I took Punk out. It was that meme with the lad over the grave doing the peace sign. He was like, ‘That’d be hilarious if you did it [for] something with Punk.’ So he got that together, and it exploded,” McIntyre said.

“It was funny. I put it out on Twitter, and then it got I got 100,000 likes or something, millions and millions of views. I was like, ‘I’m on to something here.’ So I called the WWE merchandise department and basically told them, ‘Either you’re going to make me the shirt for next Monday or I’m going to make it myself ’cause I’m wearing this on television. I’ve got an idea and it’s going to be hilarious and [get] so much heat. Thankfully, they worked with me, got a version that worked for television.”

McIntyre’s official t-shirt reveal occurred on the February 5 episode of WWE RAW, where he interrupted an in-ring segment between Cody Rhodes and Seth Rollins.

“I had that moment where I unzipped my hoodie and ripped it off so the camera could get the shot of Punk’s gravestone saying ‘CM Punk WrestleMania main event’ buried under the ground, me over the top of it smiling. I could hear people laughing their heads off. It turned into a cool moment,” McIntyre said.

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Drew McIntyre is on his best run ever.

He is on his best run ever and unless there is a dramatic change the best we will get at WM is a match against Sami Zayn?   Not that it won't be really good.  Just meaningless

11 minutes ago, hammerva said:

He is on his best run ever and unless there is a dramatic change the best we will get at WM is a match against Sami Zayn?   Not that it won't be really good.  Just meaningless

Seth Rollins vs. Drew McIntyre for the World Heavyweight Championship. McIntyre wins.

I can see Gunther vs. Sami Zayn for the Intercontinental Championship.

I want McIntyre to beat Rollins, and then hold it for a spell, not sure how long, but I think if McIntyre wins, Zayn HAS to be the one to take it off of him.  They've made such a big deal about Zayn never being able to beat him and now we have Zayn's "losing streak"

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

There's an outside possibility they go with Rollins vs McIntyre vs Zayn too. Not my preference but sometimes Mania matches are more about crowding people in

I can see that happening. Drew McIntyre and Sami Zayn carry the injured Seth Rollins who can dip in and out in a triple threat.

26 minutes ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

I want McIntyre to beat Rollins, and then hold it for a spell, not sure how long, but I think if McIntyre wins, Zayn HAS to be the one to take it off of him.  They've made such a big deal about Zayn never being able to beat him and now we have Zayn's "losing streak"

I thought the losing streak might be leading to Sami Zayn beating Gunther for the Intercontinental Championship at WrestleMania XL.

28 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I thought the losing streak might be leading to Sami Zayn beating Gunther for the Intercontinental Championship at WrestleMania XL.

I know it might be a bit of a "repeat", but I really think Gunther should lose to a debuting Ilja Dragunov.  Sort of keep him as the only person who truly has Gunther/Walters number in NXT/WWE

• Like 1

Just now, StuntmanCrowley said:

I know it might be a bit of a "repeat", but I really think Gunther should lose to a debuting Ilja Dragunov.  Sort of keep him as the only person who truly has Gunther/Walters number in NXT/WWE

I'd be up for that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

While I would be totally down for that, I'm also a little partial to letting Gable get his WM moment and a) let him and Gunther get to do their thing on a major stage and b) give Gable his "WM moment" by having him finally get the big win over Gunther.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, blitzkrieg said:

While I would be totally down for that, I'm also a little partial to letting Gable get his WM moment and a) let him and Gunther get to do their thing on a major stage and b) give Gable his "WM moment" by having him finally get the big win over Gunther.

I’d be down for that, I feel like they’ll have to do some heavy lifting (har har) to get Gable to that level again. He’s been Shooshing so long audiences may have forgotten he can be intense too

6 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Shotzi lost her last name like 2-3 years ago at this point. 

Wow. I really don't pay attention to their shit, do I? Is it because I never see her walk to the ring when they have it on the screen?

8 hours ago, The Natural said:

Drew McIntyre is on his best run ever.

I hope he eventually gets Roman's title. I hope he gets to be the top Champion like I believe he should have been after Clash at the Castle. Cody probably will have already been champion by then which is still cool with me. Drew doesn't have to be the one that beats Reigns. I just think it would such for him to stay here just to be just below the Champ. He may not ever be even a Cody level of a true draw where he's drawing in merch and fans and his level but WWE atleast right now is doing good business. He's like a younger Shaemus, believable as hell in the ring. Now he's cutting clutch promos right now.

2 - 3 months ago, I thought he was gone soon. I wanted him to go somewhere else. I wanted him to go to New Japan and be like AJ did years ago. Now I feel like WWE is probably the  best place for him right now. It's crazy because I couldn't wait for him to get out a few months ago 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'm not going to blame a reporter for getting a term like kayfabe wrong.  I am going to blame a reporter for thinking that trash talking a probably jetlagged, professional athlete is a good idea.

Probably  thought they were dealing with a reasonable person who would respond to an annoying question like an adult.  Common mistake.

22 minutes ago, Villanova Grad said:

Probably  thought they were dealing with a reasonable person who would respond to an annoying question like an adult.  Common mistake.

Exactly.  He didn't know he was dealing with Austin Theory.   See what he was accused of in 2020 for more info. 

Also, being essentially told "What you do for work and what you traveled 20+ hours to do here, is stupid."  MIGHT be taken poorly. 

• Like 3