DVDVR Message Board

The Wall Street Journal Vince McMahon Thread.

Message added by jaedmc,

It's a gross story, don't stare too deeply into the abyss or it will stare back.

Also be adults and don't make us ban you.

Just now, username said:

That feels unfair, he's probably been getting this question nonstop today so he's putting out what the company bylaws basically say.

His answer then should be "All the people who are asking me about this are fucking ghouls." But that would be an unfair thing to ask of but one soulful gentleman like Brandon Thurston.

"We're just normal men. Innocent men."

- some nazi probably

The really scummy one for me (by association anyway) is Mick Foley volunteering with RAINN while almost certainly knowing this sort of behavior went on. 
All the stupid broken TV social media posts when they wouldn't push Daniel Bryan, but continued to take money and constantly come back after his hurt feelings subsided. Never spoke out about any of this. 

And you just know it was to try and cosy up to Tori Amos. He's a fucking creep, and that whole book (and the one before it where he just has an unhealthy obsession with Melina) is even more creepier today.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, piranesi said:

"We're just normal men. Innocent men."

- some nazi probably

Talking dog puppet, actually.

ESPN didn't touch then-UFC champion Sean Strickland's wild homophobic rant the other week. And since ESPN has the UFC TV contract, and WWE is the same company as the UFC, I'm not surprised that they haven't touched this. I'm getting really tired of not being surprised. I forget how much they covered Dana slapping his wife but I'm gonna guess it was somewhere in the realm of "barely".

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Octopus said:

Ooooof. Just read the Brock stuff. Ugggggggh. Damn it. So mad.

Gold Medal hero.

Stay tuned to NBC for the Olympics!!! and then it's WWE SMACKDOWN!!!!!

Edited by piranesi

2 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Guys it was a great post. He'll probably get hired at CNN because he's the first one to scoop the smart business strategy here. I celebrate the guy. he's on his way...all the way to...Sinclair Media!!!

The name of the podcast is Wrestlenomics. What did you think they talk about, cake recipes?

Thurston and Pollock are the leading voices saying tough questions should be asked at wrestling press scrums, which you claim to want. So I feel like your anger is probably better directed at other targets.

Just now, Dog said:

The name of the podcast is Wrestlenomics. What did you think they talk about, cake recipes?

Thurston and Pollock are the leading voices saying tough questions should be asked at wrestling press scrums, which you claim to want. So I feel like your anger is probably better directed at other targets.

There should never be another wrestling press scrum. This company should be burned to the ground.

7 minutes ago, Octopus said:

Not sure if I was teased or not. Going to quietly nod and back away until the vibe changes enough.

You are great. But I would really love to see Brock Lesnar stripped of that medal. Too much to ask. I mean it was only a few gang rapes of one or more people. Probably not that many actual individual people. (this is not directed at you but at whoever is reading this at some company and still working with WWE)

Me I'm clearly insane. What I am asking people to do cannot be done. But that's the choice. We all know it and we're all going to make the choice to just roll on rollin' on. Because there never was another choice.

Unless maybe there is? Like we could all start by jsut declariing "this company doesn't exist anymore because no one will work for it." Like that feels sane to me.

AM I that far gone?

Edited by piranesi
  • Like 1

Put yourself in that woman’s shoes for a second or imagine she’s someone you know or care about. When I do that, I see @piranesi’s reaction as being pretty reasonable. 

This is infuriating, disgusting shit. 

• Like 3

I';m probably very stoned but I'm also really feeling like an asshole for how long I was fine with this.

Like if you were (insert wrestler name here) would you go to work tomorrow? To do anything but see if you could find Vince and hurt him?

Edited by piranesi

5 minutes ago, piranesi said:

You are great. But I would really love to see Brock Lesnar stripped of that medal.

Gotcha. I forgot he got the Gold Medal in college. Which is ironic because I’m from Minnesota. I did remember the Silver the year before though.

1 minute ago, Octopus said:

Gotcha. I forgot he got the Gold Medal in college. Which is ironic because I’m from Minnesota. I did remember the Silver the year before though.

Oh shit. You thought I was calling you a "gold medal hero" sarcastically? Damn. I could see how that would suck! Sorry about that.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, piranesi said:

Oh shit. You thought I was calling you a "gold medal hero" sarcastically? Damn. I could see how that would suck! Sorry about that.

No worries! I misread completely and was like, pretty sure that didn’t happen because of the context but idk. LOL

returning to the miserable piece of shit that is Vince, fuck that guy.

One thing that could save the entire industry is if we find out tomorrow that a bunch  wrestlers beat the shit out of Vince and quit.

I'm just saying. THink of how many jobs are at stake?

This of course is parody and sketch through my mirthful and whimsical online profile.

Edited by piranesi

58 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

Talking dog puppet, actually.

ESPN didn't touch then-UFC champion Sean Strickland's wild homophobic rant the other week. And since ESPN has the UFC TV contract, and WWE is the same company as the UFC, I'm not surprised that they haven't touched this. I'm getting really tired of not being surprised. I forget how much they covered Dana slapping his wife but I'm gonna guess it was somewhere in the realm of "barely".

Not that different than their nfl coverage sadly

33 minutes ago, piranesi said:

One thing that could save the entire industry is if we find out tomorrow that a bunch  wrestlers beat the shit out of Vince and quit.

I'm just saying. THink of how many jobs are at stake?

This of course is parody and sketch through my mirthful and whimsical online profile.

The odds of that happening is the same odds of the wrestlers joining the SAG union and getting paid decent wages and better residuals. Zero.

I know it's been covered endlessly in this thread but every wrestler in every company (AEW, WWE, TNA, NWA, gajin in AJPW & NJPW, etc) feel an undue and undeserved debt of gratitude to Vince McMahon.

Honestly, at this point, let all of wrestling burn down. Close every wrestling company. Let wrestling be left to the dustbin of history. Because the ones that knew Vince McMahon didn't speak out or tried to stop him. They let the fear of Vince McMahon removing their livelihood get in the way of doing the right thing.

They had to know the truth about him - from Steve Austin to The Rock to HHH to John Cena to CM Punk to Cody Rhodes to Seth Rollins to Becky Lynch to Titus O'Neil on down. Yeah, people like Dolph Ziggler and Brian Myers and Bryan Danielson got fired by WWE or left and went to the previously mentioned competitors but they are part of the problem too. Being in a wrestling ring and in front of a crowd is more important than stopping a maniac and a psychopath like Vince McMahon.

The same hope of a reckoning happening at the PPV - excuse me, Premium Live Event - this weekend isn't going to happen. WWE will at some point pretend Vince McMahon was never there, like they did to Chris Benoit.

Edited by Andrew POE!

48 minutes ago, Log said:

Put yourself in that woman’s shoes for a second or imagine she’s someone you know or care about. When I do that, I see @piranesi’s reaction as being pretty reasonable. 

This is infuriating, disgusting shit. 

And Brandon Thurston had nothing to do with it. You might as well blame Bernard Shaw for the Gulf War.

• Like 2

We need an eyeroll react.

Look, Vince is awful and always has been. You probably should have already known he was THIS awful, because yeah, most of us already assumed. But don't go dragging every human being on Earth (especially the ones who have been publicly aggrieving Vince for years!!) down too because of that monumental sack of shit, and your inability to see who he is. Get some perspective. The value of humanity on a whole is not determined by the terrible actions of one elevated hillbilly.

EDIT: And before you go saying "It wasn't just one person!!~#!" please look into the influence of charismatic cult leaders.

Edited by Dog
  • Like 4