DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Comics - 2024

Rise of the Powers of X No.3 preview 

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/03/22/marvel-preview-rise-of-the-powers-of-x-3/

"THE REAL END IS NEVER BEGINNING! The past, present and future of Krakoa all rests in a trigger finger. The scenario you prayed would never happen plays out as two series that are one move toward a crash that will reverberate outside the universe…"

On 3/25/2024 at 10:50 PM, Kang said:

Rise of the Powers of X No.3 preview 

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/03/22/marvel-preview-rise-of-the-powers-of-x-3/

"THE REAL END IS NEVER BEGINNING! The past, present and future of Krakoa all rests in a trigger finger. The scenario you prayed would never happen plays out as two series that are one move toward a crash that will reverberate outside the universe…"

Well

Spoiler

Well Xavier didn't kill Moira, but he did something to her mind in the past.

Sinister in his clone Doug Ramsey body dies, spirituality as well. Still there is a Sinister post Krakoa, you would know if you read future solicts

Adult Moira gets upgraded.

And Xavier returns to the present, just to kill Rachel Summers.

X Force 50

Spoiler

Evil Hank dies saving the day.

It was kinda rushed in the end. 

Re: Rise of the House of X #3:

Spoiler

I assume the reason Charles shoots Rachel is so she becomes the Phoenix, since Jean is indisposed.

Spoiler

They're sticking with timeline 10. That's not to say Moira coulda slightly alter the timeline. I really think Hickman intended to end this all with timeline 11. 

I think Timeline 4 should be revisted someday and continued on, it's the closest to pre Krakoa era, but Moira married Xavier and other small differences. All one simply has to do is not have Moira die in that timeline then it's back on.

55 minutes ago, Kang said:

I had to check the Marvel Wikia list of appearances in order, he hasn't been seen since. 

Sinister was wearing a clone body of Doug.

Ugh. I need to yell at my library to get more of the collected titles. That Hellfire Gala ending with Xavier on the beach and "Population: 1" seems like their missing one really big mutant.

The real Laura Kinney, aka Talon, has her own clone running around, as the female Wolverine. The female Wolverine has an Adamantium skeleton.  I prefer the clone.

Spoiler

The real Laura Kinney recently died. 

Other non Krakoa weirdness..

Black Widow today is a clone carrying on the previous Black Widow's life.

Namorita is a younger, displaced version of herself before her Kymaera transformation. The real older Namorita has been dead since Civil War issue 1, from 2006.

My LCS of ten years closed today. Gutted. Great having one 15 minutes away from where I live. Will have to look into getting Ultimate Spider-Man delivered or go through to the one which is a lot further. Fuck.

• Sad 2

There are 3 or 5 more speciality stores in my province. 

When they stop putting comics in the regular grocery and drug stores shelves, is when most gave up around here. The 90's post boom did lot of damage, and honestly in the end most things will probably be digital only in the future. In the 2040's maybe. 

I think it also depended on where you grew up detetmining access to comics. Being a kid in NYC meant I had newsstands, grocery stores AND local comic shops. On the Upper East Side alone there were 3 by 1983 (Funny Business, East Side Comics and Action Comics) and that was just Yorkville!

James

Edited by J.H.

For whatever reason, Delaware has always had an abundance of shops. When I worked in the store in the late 90s, there were 7 just in New Castle county. I know we had subscribers from at least 4 states. Thanks , home of tax free shopping signs. 

It's that thing where comic shops both saved the industry after the bubble burst, and did so much to limit it. There were spinner racks everywhere when I was a kid. The last one at a non-bookstore around here I was aware of was taken out ~15 years ago.

• Like 1

I'm real fortunate in that the Greater Toronto Area has a really robust comic shop selection, with double digits in Toronto proper and nearly every surrounding city/town having at least one local store. But I know a lot of of the local shop owners/managers and standard attrition remains the ongoing concern with things always driving slowly downwards until something spikes interest again. 

my town (~60k) has had the same comic shop the entire time i've lived here (>20 years). It has moved locations and changed ownership a couple of times, but still going strong. When i was a younger lad, this is where i bought "the Death of Superman" and, a couple years later, got a checklist/trading card for "Age of Apocalypse" that blew my mind. I have collected damn near every issue of Nightwing from this very shop (i moved out of town for a couple years, but that time period aligned with when Dick was acting as Batman). The current owner is a super good dude. the previous owner was a friend-of-a-friend and also dated one of my friends back around High School days. There's a longstanding employee who has stuck with the shop through the ownership changes, and he's just the best. He's been collecting since the '60s and has damn near every Marvel comic every published.

They might fix Ben/Chasm. But at a cost. Unlike others, I am fine with heel turns in comics. They can always be undone.

The Shroud is the current Moon Knight. 

The new Punisher and his series were cancelled at issue 4. If something doesn't work out, it will be ended faster like G.O.D.S. 

Marvel dropped taglines for three more post-Krakoa series:

"The world is broken, and Forge knows how to fix it..." X-Force.

"Life, fire, power, possibility! One woman, alone in the cosmos... Jean Grey is..." Phoenix

"Five mutants alone in the big city. Welcome back to the real world..." NYX

All for July 2024 launches. Looks like more details, which probably will include creative teams, coming later this week.

If I never read another Phoenix story, I'd be pretty happy. The gimmick needs to be put away for a few years given how overexposed it's been in recent years. 

• Like 1