DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2024 & Beyond)

RIPPA

Llamasoft: The Jeff Minter Story has a date, 3/13. I have little experience with Minter's work outside of Tempest and Polybius, but I like those games more than enough to jump at another Digital Eclipse "documentary" package after Atari 50 and Making of Karateka. I think Gen-X Euros who grew up on ZX and C64 and Amstrad will absolutely go batshit for this.

Pokemon Legends: Z-A

Next Pokemon game which folks are also using as confirmation that the Switch 2 will drop next year because the official Pokemon Tweet said "Nintendo Switch systems"

The Sinking City 2

I thought there was too much of a legal shitshow for a sequel to happen. Guess I was wrong

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The Sinking City 2

I thought there was too much of a legal shitshow for a sequel to happen. Guess I was wrong

Frogwares (the developer) finally got all the publishing rights to the original at the end of last year.

It feels weird that, now that Infinite Wealth, Tekken, and WWE are out, I can't think of a single game the rest of the year that I'm excited about after the Llamasoft Gold Master collection on Wed. I'll find something that I don't already know exists, but right now it feels like 2024 is going to be a year to finally play SRW30 and FF7 remake, both of which I've had since they came out and never booted up, and to keep being angry at Hamster for releasing every pre-crash Konami game except Gyruss and every pre-crash Tecmo game but Pleiads.

Edited by Cliff Hanger
Sentiment remains but i re-organized for coherence
  • Like 1

On 3/10/2024 at 6:07 PM, Cliff Hanger said:

It feels weird that, now that Infinite Wealth, Tekken, and WWE are out, I can't think of a single game the rest of the year that I'm excited about after the Llamasoft Gold Master collection on Wed. I'll find something that I don't already know exists, but right now it feels like 2024 is going to be a year to finally play SRW30 and FF7 remake, both of which I've had since they came out and never booted up, and to keep being angry at Hamster for releasing every pre-crash Konami game except Gyruss and every pre-crash Tecmo game but Pleiads.

Honestly this feels like an incredibly thin year for AAA games I give a hoot about. I'll play Elden Ring again when the DLC drops, I assume Starfield might actually get some new content at some point, and until then... Helldivers 2 kinda came out of the blue, between that and my backlog (new Dead Space, I have a few Resident Evils to play, I bought Monster Hunter World once and never played it lol) I'm good for a while.

Other than thousand year door, im prob just playing starfield or no man’s sky, now that i finished midnight suns. Dreamlight valley is fulfilling my “play a pc game” requirement for Xbox points every day for now. 

3 hours ago, dogwelder said:

Marvel 1943: Rise of Hydra

Epic's upcoming (2025) Marvel game written and directed by Amy Hennig of Uncharted fame

I'm really hoping it's an actual game and not a GAAS gatcha shitshow.  It being Epic doesn't give hope.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

I'm really hoping it's an actual game and not a GAAS gatcha shitshow.  It being Epic doesn't give hope.

From what I've read, it's a narrative-driven action adventure, and it's written by Amy Hennig. I kinda hope it's bad because my GOD, my backlog...

• Haha 1