DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF 2023 - WEEK FOUR

Dolfan in NYC

17 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

What did Lou Holtz say?

(Also, Jesus Christ, I'm sick of everywhere stealing versions of Detroit vs Everybody)

Only think I remember is him saying Ohio State is soft.  Given the last 3 or 4 years, calling a team soft is least offensive thing he probably said 

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

When Twitter gimmick dudes are outthinking coaches:

That’s one thing I liked about BK. He knew when it didn’t matter what the rules were, like on a goaline stand and repeatedly going offsides or committing pass interference because yeah, it doesn’t matter. You’re just giving yourself another opportunity. Hope Freeman learns from this.

Brian Ferentz watch update: after getting over the 25 ppg mark last week, the shut out loss to Penn State has Iowa all the way down to 21.25 per game. Assuming they don't make the B1G title game and thus end up playing 13 total games, they'll need to average 26.66667 per game over the last nine to keep him safe.

2 hours ago, EVA said:

Apparently yesterday was Get Mad At An Octogenarian Who’s Employed Strictly For Entertainment Purposes Only Day.

I know right…and cry about it. Don’t act like you’ll fight about it. That’s mean and nasty and coaches who do that just so happen to all vote a certain way in politics (seriously…wtf). Lee Corso’s brains are badder than Lou Holtz’s too. 

So the new AP poll just came out.

Fully half of the top ten will be in different conferences next year. Right now the SEC, Big 12, and ACC each have one team, the Big Ten three, and the PAC-12 four. But the teams next year will be zero PAC-12, one ACC, one Big 12 (but not the same one), two SEC, and the other six will all be Big Ten.

Obviously things will change, as none of the four PAC-12 or three Big Ten teams have played one another yet, and even with the early struggles across the league I find it hard to believe that there won't be at least a second current SEC team in the final top ten. But man, on paper the Big Ten is really looking like they are going to turn the league into a brutal meat grinder next year.