DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023 - WEEK TWO

dogwelder

9 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

Matt Nagy has been in the Andy Reid coaching universe for 15 years so they needed to open that spot to make him the OC again.

Of course I don't think that Andy Reid OC's really do much of anything on their own, so Matt Nagy's first two games with Mahomes being pretty meh offensive efforts is what it is. Yeah they showed Matt Nagy talking to offensive players at one time but if he's not calling plays, how much of the talking is gonna mean anything.

Matt Nagy is a downgrade.  Say what you want about Bieniemy, but Mahomes loves him and literally everyone on the team said that Bieniemy is the one who figured out the Eagles defense.  Like I said before, there are plenty of reasons he might want to leave, but I find it very hard to believe that they were going to fire the offensive coordinator after having the best offense in football and winning the Super Bowl.  

55 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Zach Wilson always has a look on his face like he just woke up in a football uniform and he has no idea how he got there.

That’s his resting face. He’s doing a pretty good job. I know they’re calling basic crap because of him to start with but every time they try something different they screw up big time. It’s not anybody’s fault either except for the Cook fumble. It’s just plain not working. 

6 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

That’s his resting face. He’s doing a pretty good job. I know they’re calling basic crap because of him to start with but every time they try something different they screw up big time. It’s not anybody’s fault either except for the Cook fumble. It’s just plain not working. 

Yeah, this comment had nothing to do with his play and everything to do with them showing him sitting on the sidelines staring off into space with that look on his face.

The whole "EB couldn't get a head coaching job because nobody gives credit to Reid's offensive coordinators" narrative falls apart as soon as you remember his previous two OCs that didn't call plays both got head coaching jobs.

Anyway, nice to see that somebody told the Giants offense during halftime the season has started.

5 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

The whole "EB couldn't get a head coaching job because nobody gives credit to Reid's offensive coordinators" narrative falls apart as soon as you remember his previous two OCs that didn't call plays both got head coaching jobs.

It's possible that Matt Nagy is also to blame here. But then again, the Bears are the Bears, so.