DVDVR Message Board

Baldur's Gate 3 Omnibus Thread

SirFozzie

Larian posted on social media that the XBOX release date will be revealed at the Video Game Awards and that they are "still on track' for a December release

Since the Video Game Awards are on Dec 7 - it means the leaked date is wrong (not to say Larian couldn't be all "It will be released.... RIGHT NOW!"

• Like 2

Normally I hate on DE add-ons but that map of the Sword Coast probably rules and is worthy of framing and wall mounting in my den of geek. 

I might consider spending the $80 I have in M$ on the DE.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

That means you’ll just have to pay for the $20 shipping! The Mind Flayer poster is dope as all hell.

I wonder if this is safe to order for the Series X. I know the S version was the one holding it up for Xbox, but you never know. I’d hope performance on the X would be as good as PS5 at least.

• 3 weeks later...

So with the game officially being on Series X I think I will likely get it on there.  I was itching to get it on Steam but held off for two reasons.  One, I didn't have enough storage though that's since been corrected and two I don't typically do D&D.  Never got into it for whatever reason.  But my wife loves that style and instead of trying to go at this alone it might be best for her and I to team up and have a go at it on the X.  I will take a cue from Craig in that as much as I'd love to load from a save if things go south I'll instead let it ride and see where it takes me.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2023 at 8:53 AM, RIPPA said:

Since the Video Game Awards are on Dec 7 - it means the leaked date is wrong (not to say Larian couldn't be all "It will be released.... RIGHT NOW!"

I Fucking called it!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I Fucking called it!!!

Yep.  It's available on MS Store right now.

Well, I know what I'm doing when I get home from night duty.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

Larian said "You know, our big old Scrooge McDuck Money Bin is only 75% full now.. let's release the XBox version and just top it off again..."

(and yeah, with the amount of people who are going to rebuy it or Xboxers who have been waiting patiently, they're going to be full up once again)

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Only downside to the immediate drop is I still have to wait for Xmas since I basically have been told it is one of my gifts

I have no such restrictions.  I'll just be getting more M$ gift cards to replenish my supply of Microbucks.

Well, my 1TB drive space will be decreased by 140 gigs very soon.  i may as well get lunch, go back to bed, and act like I have to be at work by 10PM tonight.

Aaand buying the game with M$ bucks just earned me 1399 M$ Points and some of my total points can be redeemed for a $25 M$ gift card!

THE CYCLE CONTINUES~!

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, this game sure does look like Game of the Year.  The Character Creator HUD looks gorgeous on X/S and my 4KHD television.

I will probably end up playing as a Rogue since the only other Rogue that is a permanent companion is the vampire asshole and I will probably end up putting a stake in his ass sooner than later.

Edited by J.T.

• 2 weeks later...