DVDVR Message Board

AEW - AUGUST 2023

Dolfan in NYC

7 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

This is the quote I found, not sure what news site it's from:

According to those on the side of Punk, Perry wanted to use real glass for a backstage segment. Punk was of the belief that he did this so he didn’t need to come to work the next week, which he sees as a big problem in the company.

Per Punk’s side of things, Perry was going against production, doctors and Tony Schiavone advising him not to do it and them telling him that smashing real glass was a safety hazard, and Perry wasn’t happy with that. Shortly after, there were guidelines put in place and forwarded to talent of things that required clearance

I get that he’s taking on a leadership role and that’s helped shape that Collision we all know and love, but he shouldn’t have even had to step in here. If production, doctors, and Schiavone all say know, that should be enough and it shouldn’t fall to the star talent to get people on line. Anyone mad at Punk about this is being silly. 

Would love to know more about the supposed problematic culture of people trying to not come to work though. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

Maybe he was trying to self-harm, and instead of handling that properly, Punk just called him lazy and made self-harming illegal

Shame the "we support mental health" crew sides with the bully in that situation

Dude, are you okay? Like seriously?

Any vet...shit any person with common sense is going to shut the whole glass thing down unless there are trained professionals who deal with using glass around or you're using props involving fake glass.

Where the fuck does workers rights come in at? 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Any vet...shit any person with common sense is going to shut the whole glass thing down unless there are trained professionals who deal with using glass around or you're using props involving fake glass.

I don't think anyone's arguing that in a proper company with proper safeguards with a proper hierarchy, someone would step in. But the hierarchy wasn't changed to prevent self-harm, it was changed to prevent "laziness". Fuck that.

If a wrestler feels the need to self-harm in order to get time off, that's a much bigger problem with the company in general. You shouldn't have to put yourself through glass or punch Sammy Guevara in order to get a vacation.

2 minutes ago, Octopus said:

Honestly, all these reports are getting ridiculous. I will keep make zingers, but still. 

Just you wait. We haven’t even gotten to Punk’s obvious thoughts about entrance music during interruptions and run ins. Or letting announcers hold the microphone. And all the SHOOT FIGHTS he’s gotten into while imposing these preferences. 

Just now, Sparkleface said:

Well WHEN are we supposed to eat someone else's lunch on purpose then, PHIL?!

When a big group was separating everyone, Jericho called Punk a Spinal Meningitis. Locker. Room. Leader.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

If a wrestler feels the need to self-harm in order to get time off, that's a much bigger problem with the company in general. You shouldn't have to put yourself through glass or punch Sammy Guevara in order to get a vacation.

Pretty sure Andrade calls this “clocking out.” 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Octopus said:

Uh oh, supposedly Bear Country ate Chaos Projects lunch on purpose. Punk got in their face and said “we don’t do that on Saturdays!” That stupid dick.

Uh, I don’t know about eating food Dr. Luther prepared. Sipping the Savage Sauce indeed.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

I don't think anyone's arguing that in a proper company with proper safeguards with a proper hierarchy, someone would step in. But the hierarchy wasn't changed to prevent self-harm, it was changed to prevent "laziness". Fuck that.

Where is this evidence he was trying to self harm himself?

I am continuing to read your posts. That's gotta qualify as self-harm, right?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

5 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Just you wait. We haven’t even gotten to Punk’s obvious thoughts about entrance music during interruptions and run ins. Or letting announcers hold the microphone. And all the SHOOT FIGHTS he’s gotten into while imposing these preferences. 

He’s a tyrant just like Quackenbush, but instead of being demanding of comic book white luchadores he’s pushing around twitch streamers and shoe collecting enthusiasts.

2 hours ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

Alrighty... so, let's go ahead and say your trolling has been quite successful.  Because you're on everyone's last nerve.  So.....  

cm-punk-go-to-sleep.gif

Night night.   See you in a week.

• Thanks 8

6 minutes ago, Octopus said:

What is everyone’s favorite promo on any form of AEW programming?

Punk's Valentine promo to set up the dog collar match was something that immediately came to mind.

Cody's Undesirable one on the first or second week of Dynamite also something I rewatched a few times.

Does Le Dinner Debonair count?

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Alrighty... so, let's go ahead and say your trolling has been quite successful.  Because you're on everyone's last nerve.  So.....  

cm-punk-go-to-sleep.gif

Night night.   See you in a week.

I applaud your restraint, I guess.  Half the time this guy posts, I scroll back up to see if his avatar has been changed to The Man in Black.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Octopus said:

What is everyone’s favorite promo on any form of AEW programming?

Cody’s last promo, where he shit on Punk, the other EVPs, his contract, and even sent some strays toward Brody King (who had JUST signed, btw) is an all-timer.

Also, “Cody ends racism” will be in my grandchildren’s history books.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2