DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 6/16/2023

The Natural

If this show is terrific fun every other week that'd be an improvement and a pretty okay ratio. I like the, seemingly weekly, start right in on the action of Rampage. Tho, I wouldn't be against a variety. Ospreay's theme music is pretty fucking awful, but he's a guest star worthy of a nice big entrance. Uniteds v Besties Plus One was an excellent TV match. I dig Will generally, but he's especially fucking great in AEW rings. His athleticism clearly provides well in Japanese rings, and often longer bouts, but his Star is for Worldwide television! He's made the haters look the fool with his high quality work on AEWTV. Love to see Trent v Ospreay in a singles. Jeff Cobb is indeed awesome, but I think I prefer him as a tag wrestler. I mean with somebody who could compliment his talents - not thee 'O-K O-Khan'. Taya v Adora was a nice little TV bout. Taya is sooo much better as a heel. Small thing, but I love that she got some mic time on the same episode as her match. Refuckinginforcing stories with promos and videos is a learned trait that will benefit this company well going into the future. It's at least one thing to learn from the weaker Titan Sports product. Stat leaves a little to be desired on the mic, I think 'wooden' is the word, but give her some reps already. I loved Taya's shaking in my fur boots line. I wish they ran more promos on their youtube/social media. It'd be a great place for much needed reps. Karen&Co v Father-Son Briscoes/Aubrey was fun, and had all the goodwill necessary for such poor (tho expected) wrestling from Karen and Aubrey. I especially liked commentary putting over Edwards' leg strength earlier on before finishing the match with a figure four. Fun, fun, fun! Hardys promo that wasn't embarrassing or heavy on Matt Hardy Creative! I like that they're starting to give some mic time to 'Next Week's' matches. A small but important detail. Don Callis/Takeshita promo was on point as per usual. Don is fucking ruling here in the late Spring of 2023! And Takeshita is obviously a very worthy heat recipient. Holy, Mark Henry is a huge man! Nice lead into 'there's been enough talk'. More Mark Henry packages - let him be the host of the whole show. From the back. How bout the Mark Henry variety hour? Takeshita v Bandido was fucking excellent. They'd be smart to runback main events or matches like this on Dynamite or Collision. Seeing as so little of the audience is even watching Rampage, and well, it's a fucking great match. Great week of TV. Can Collision hold the level? I suspect yes. Let's see.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Oh, and A+++ to Sexy Centaur Takeshita and his archer pal Don

Wow, yeah forgot to make mention of that incredible piece of art! Don's provided or assited in providing a couple times over with stunning pieces. 

• Like 3

According to my friend in the building, Trish Adora got a huge entrance pop and was one of the bigger babyfaces on the whole taping.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AxB said:

According to my friend in the building, Trish Adora got a huge entrance pop and was one of the bigger babyfaces on the whole taping.

That's awesome! I'm a big fan of hers. I was like a mini-Excalbur espousing her Dark/Elevation cred on the couch last night

• Like 2

Takeshita / Bandido will be my pick in the weekly poll, that German suplex counter-to-counter sequence was chef's kiss. It sucks so much that Bandido got injured, he's a stud for gutting out the rest of the match with a broken freaking wrist.

• Like 2