DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2013: WEEK 13

Justin877

Michael fucking Crabtree is close to returning. Might see action this week. I'm pleased.

This is not directed at you but your post made me remember this thought- niners fans as a whole have really put a lot of weight on the idea that they've struggled so much this season because of them missing Crabtree. I get that he's a weapon but it's not like he's in the conversation among the best wide receivers in the league. The fact that there's a possibility that Kap just isn't as good as everyone initially thought isn't something people consider.

I don't want to watch the Lions, I don't want to watch the Lions, I don't want to watch the Lions, I don't want to watch the Lions, okay, I will watch. Ugh. Even I cannot defend this Thanksgiving tradition anymore. I apologize to anyone watching the early game today.

Michael fucking Crabtree is close to returning. Might see action this week. I'm pleased.

This is not directed at you but your post made me remember this thought- niners fans as a whole have really put a lot of weight on the idea that they've struggled so much this season because of them missing Crabtree. I get that he's a weapon but it's not like he's in the conversation among the best wide receivers in the league. The fact that there's a possibility that Kap just isn't as good as everyone initially thought isn't something people consider.

Kaep has regressed some.. he's been forcing the issue and missing reads, I wouldn't deny that. However, him and Crabtree have chemistry and Crabtree is so much better than the other receivers Kaep has had this season. I like Boldin, he has great hands and is tough to tackle but he cannot get open down field and often times he's been taken away. Vernon Davis is still tremendous but he's missed some time this year.

If Crabtree is in 2012 shape it opens up the field. I doubt it makes the offense as explosive as last season because a lot of the option stuff has been taken away but it should be an improvement.